Need a Home theatre system with projector under Rs. 100k

vivern

Hi Friends,

I'm a newbie! Im planning to convert a room of size 16*16 (256sq.ft) in to a home cinema. For now, am planning a Good quality 3d, Full HD Projector and a home theatre system, preferably 5.1 with receiver, all together under Rs. 100k.
I don't need a blu-ray player!

Is it doable? can you all please suggest me a good system overall.

I am completely helpless, and was suggested hifivision, should be the 1st and last option to gather intel.

My main usage is for movies and I love a good bass! I cannot demo any, cos i live in a village, and further, no decibel of sound is a threshold as this is an individual house!

Thank you so much guys!
Any help would be appreciated!
Cheers!

I'm a newbie! Im planning to convert a room of size 16*16 (256sq.ft) in to a home cinema. For now, am planning a Good quality 3d, Full HD Projector and a home theatre system, preferably 5.1 with receiver, all together under Rs. 100k.

My main usage is for movies and I love a good bass!

I don't know much abt main stream PJ, but i know they would cost a bomb.. Actually a FHD 3D PJ, might eat your full budget :)

I cannot demo any, cos i live in a village

One way, not doing a demo is good.. You can just pick the items online, which are within your budget and be happy with it, than chasing "brands" with hefty price tags..

and further, no decibel of sound is a threshold as this is an individual house!

You are very lucky :eek:hyeah:

Is it doable? can you all please suggest me a good system overall.

Inspite of having 100K budget, it would be very difficult to accommodate a FHD 3D PJ + 5.1 HT system..

But an LED-LCD HD PJ + 5.1 system is very much in your budget..

Let us know what works for you and then you can re-consider components accordingly..

Thanks @elangoas!

That was really useful!

But, how about the Luxcine HD 3D PJ? It costs about 43k. I have no idea about the PJ, was just checking out!

However, for a good system, I'm open to explore...
If I have to stretch the budget a little bit, For how much more(as minimal as possible), I can accommodate a good FHD 3D PJ + 5.1?

Could you help bro and would be so helpful if you could give some options!

I'd love to set this up as early as possible, cos its pretty irresistable, when i see the empty room!

But, how about the Luxcine HD 3D PJ? It costs about 43k. I have no idea about the PJ, was just checking out!

If you are willing to risk for the not so established LED-PJ brands, better to buy something locally (india) who offer extended warranty..So you are covered for 2 years for your money..

I have E-Gate P531 LED HD PJ, purchased directly from the company for 18K (with 1 yr warrnty), less than amazon.in price.. You also have an option of buying an additioanl 1 yr warrnty at 2K..

If this interests you, check these thread to collect inputs..

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/65078-100-inch-screen-10k-led-projector-avail-india-discussion-thread-6.html#post734900

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/66848-budget-setup-27k-inr-pj-egate-p531-1280x800.html

For screen, if you take DIY route, it wont even cost you 3 ~ 4K max INR..

I recently made one & cost me less than 4K INR -
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/67092-diy-acoustic-transparent-screen.html

So LED HD PJ + DIY screen (120 inch) - 20K max :eek:hyeah:

For your remaining budget of 80K (or) if you can bump more, you can look at 5.1 systems..

However, for a good system, I'm open to explore...
If I have to stretch the budget a little bit, For how much more(as minimal as possible), I can accommodate a good FHD 3D PJ + 5.1?

Could you help bro and would be so helpful if you could give some options!

I'd love to set this up as early as possible, cos its pretty irresistable, when i see the empty room!

Though your room is quite big (16 x 16), plan for a 9.2 (5.2.4) atmos layout, but stick to 5.1 system now in your remaining budget of 80K..

For AVR 24K - https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-330-av-receiver.html?search=pioneer&description=true

For speakers, consider Taga harmony series from ebay.in.. You can apply coupon code to get discounts up to 3K max..

2 pairs of these speaker (Total 15K) for front L, R and surround L, R - Taga Harmony TAV-806S Surround Speaker Perfect match for TAV-806F, TAV-806C | eBay

1 center speaker (6.5K) - Taga Harmony TAV-806C Center Speaker Perfect match for TAV-806F, TAV-806S | eBay

If you can up your budget by 10K, you can get dual subs...

2 subs (44K) - Taga Harmony TSW-120 v.2 Active Subwoofer - Wenge | eBay

So an LED HD PJ, 120 inch DIY screen along with a 5.2 set-up can be done for 110K..

Fantastic Mr. Elangoas!

If you are willing to risk for the not so established LED-PJ brands, better to buy something locally (india) who offer extended warranty..So you are covered for 2 years for your money..

I have E-Gate P531 LED HD PJ, purchased directly from the company for 18K (with 1 yr warrnty), less than amazon.in price.. You also have an option of buying an additioanl 1 yr warrnty at 2K..

For screen, if you take DIY route, it wont even cost you 3 ~ 4K max INR..

So LED HD PJ + DIY screen (120 inch) - 20K max :eek:hyeah:

:eek:hyeah: really! Thank you so much for the detailed info! I'm more than surprised to have heard this option for the PJ!

For your remaining budget of 80K (or) if you can bump more, you can look at 5.1 systems..

Though your room is quite big (16 x 16), plan for a 9.2 (5.2.4) atmos layout, but stick to 5.1 system now in your remaining budget of 80K..

For AVR 24K - https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-330-av-receiver.html?search=pioneer&description=true

For speakers, consider Taga harmony series from ebay.in.. You can apply coupon code to get discounts up to 3K max..

2 pairs of these speaker (Total 15K) for front L, R and surround L, R - Taga Harmony TAV-806S Surround Speaker Perfect match for TAV-806F, TAV-806C | eBay

1 center speaker (6.5K) - Taga Harmony TAV-806C Center Speaker Perfect match for TAV-806F, TAV-806S | eBay

If you can up your budget by 10K, you can get dual subs...

2 subs (44K) - Taga Harmony TSW-120 v.2 Active Subwoofer - Wenge | eBay

So an LED HD PJ, 120 inch DIY screen along with a 5.2 set-up can be done for 110K..

Spectacular!!! I was given the TAGA Harmony 606 SE as an option by one of the dealers i called! But its great to know I could squeeze the TAGA 806 for my budget!
I'm pretty much zeroed on it!

However, recently, I thought may be I should inc my budget to an other 20K Mr. Elangoas!

In this category, one of my friend informed, he could get me

Boston Acoustics Classic ii
FS: CS260
CS: CS225
BS: CS26
SW: CS 10
and a Denon 1300H
All for 95K!

How is this package bro! Is this good? like are they better than the TAGA, or should stick with TAGA!
I dont know, if it is really that good of an option! Could ya help me clear the mists, please?

Thanks bro!

You can do two things..

Either pick an AVR + pair of BS + mainstream PJ in your budget and try to be happy (or) give yourself a chance to make/experience the best HT..

:eek:hyeah: really! Thank you so much for the detailed info! I'm more than surprised to have heard this option for the PJ!

These PJ may not be close what the mainstream PJ could do, but it gives you the option to enjoy HT on big screen..

E-Gate P531 is an 1280 x 800 LED HD PJ.. So no 3D.. So take that in to account.. Also, if you can take the effort to block the light in the room with dark curtains when watching movie, then it will be great experience..

There is an other inexpensive model Egate P513 (slightly less), which is the same as P531 which doesnt have android & network functionality..

So Egate P513 PJ + DIY screen will cost you less than 20K :eek:hyeah:..

Spectacular!!! I was given the TAGA Harmony 606 SE as an option by one of the dealers i called! But its great to know I could squeeze the TAGA 806 for my budget!
I'm pretty much zeroed on it!

You don't need a FS for HT experience... Subwoofer is.. Better if you have dual subs..

However, recently, I thought may be I should inc my budget to an other 20K Mr. Elangoas!

Good idea to up the budget..

In this category, one of my friend informed, he could get me

Boston Acoustics Classic ii
FS: CS260
CS: CS225
BS: CS26
SW: CS 10
and a Denon 1300H
All for 95K!

How is this package bro! Is this good? like are they better than the TAGA, or should stick with TAGA!

Good price for the package.. If you are looking at Denon x 1300, then you are expanding yourself to 5.2.2 layout..

Instead of FS (CS 260), pick an other BS (CS26) and add one more sub (SW: CS 10)..

I dont know, if it is really that good of an option! Could ya help me clear the mists, please?

Since this is your first HT set-up, don't worry abt which brand is good.. Pick the sweetest deal you can & the flexibility of negotiating the offer..

But, make sure you have evaluated options of whether wall mounting the speaker (or) placing on TV stand (or) dedicated stand and then decide on the speakers..

Hi Mr. Elangoas,

Thanks for the massive input! I finally bought the system, the sound, which I have longed for years in my house.

I couldn't get hold of the Boston Acoustics Package. So, I took your suggestions and finally bought the following package:

1. Taga 606 Special Edition 5.0 Channel,
2. Taga TSW 200,
3. Taga TOS 415 (Atmos Speakers),
4. Denon AVR 1300w
5. Sony Bluray Player
6. Luxcine z4000 Projector!

It all costed me south of 135k!

Now my 216 sqft room is a full scaled media room!

The calibration was daunting and initially the sound disappointed, due to the poor calibration. But, after almost 6 attempts, I managed to get it right, and the Audessey is a gem in Denon!

Oh Man, never knew I could bring the room filling effects to my room! :yahoo:
I was more than satisfied with the total setup!

Only unfortunate thing is, I couldn't find more 5.1 or atmos enabled contents online. :lol::lol::lol:

I bought a Baahubali 2 Bluray!
The sound was lot better than the one, I watched in one of the elite theatres in Chennai!

Thank you Mr. Elangoas! Your inputs were worth every minute, I read! :thumbsup:

Please do advise, where I can find more Bluray contents online!
PS: It was my father's 15 years dream, to set a theatre experience in our home!
After the movie, my dad said, "Impressed - would be an understatement!"

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks Bro!!!

If we ever meet, beers on me! :beer: :cheers:

I finally bought the system, the sound, which I have longed for years in my house.

Oh Man, never knew I could bring the room filling effects to my room! :yahoo:
I was more than satisfied with the total setup!

Great..:thumbsup:

I couldn't get hold of the Boston Acoustics Package. So, I took your suggestions and finally bought the following package:

1. Taga 606 Special Edition 5.0 Channel,
2. Taga TSW 200,
3. Taga TOS 415 (Atmos Speakers),
4. Denon AVR 1300w
5. Sony Bluray Player
6. Luxcine z4000 Projector!

It all costed me south of 135k!

Now my 216 sqft room is a full scaled media room!

That sounds a very good deal..:clapping:

The calibration was daunting and initially the sound disappointed, due to the poor calibration. But, after almost 6 attempts, I managed to get it right, and the Audessey is a gem in Denon!

6 Attempts:sad:.. Share your settings here & FM can suggest you with little more tweaks..

Only unfortunate thing is, I couldn't find more 5.1 or atmos enabled contents online. :lol::lol::lol:

Please do advise, where I can find more Bluray contents online!

If you are referring to BR Rips, there are plenty of them aval.. You just need to pick the right ones..

As with Atmos & DTS X, there are more than 50 BR Rips aval.. You may have to just search with the right key words..

PS: It was my father's 15 years dream, to set a theatre experience in our home!
After the movie, my dad said, "Impressed - would be an understatement!"

If we ever meet, beers on me! :beer: :cheers:

Sure :cheers:

Please share pics of your set-up..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back