Need assitance in purchasing LCD 40"-46"

please check LG 42LH50/70 as well. LG 42LH50 is little higher but i think it has better features. Please compare them in demo.

Nice specifications and price on this one. Does this has an option to turn off True motion?

Guys: is 42"LH90 still available. Going through one of the thread here about this TV it looks like LG discontinued it or am I reading something wrong.

Well I found it same in all the brands, infact the better it is the worst it becomes for movies. Better motion plus means the picture flows more fluidly and more it make a movie look like a cheap handheld camera documentary. I would still go for LG just for the fact LG has far more features than sony and PQ is at par with SONY.

Also LG uses IPS pannels for their LCDs which are better then the TN pannel which Sony/Samsung uses.

Last but not the least..... LG prices are seriously down to earth and far suited for an end user

well u can always turn the 100hz off.again there are many who like to turn it on,animated/cgi movies look better.

btw sony and samsung don't use tn panel only in some 26'' and below models do infact lg,sony,samsung etc use them.

Nice specifications and price on this one. Does this has an option to turn off True motion?

Guys: is 42"LH90 still available. Going through one of the thread here about this TV it looks like LG discontinued it or am I reading something wrong.

i checked LH90 & LF20 side by side & the LF20 was way better than the back-lit LH90.
btw i found the PQ of sony to be much better than any LG model.. the LF20 is really good & comparable to a sony.

Last edited:
i checked LH90 & LH20 side by side & the LH20 was way better than the edge-lit LH90.
btw i found the PQ of sony to be much better than any LG model.. the LH20 is really good & comparable to a sony.

To each liking his own, but technically the LH90 screen is a class apart. Amongst LH20 is not a 1080p screen.

BTW, LH90 is not a Edge-lit model but a local dimming model

btw sony and samsung don't use tn panel only in some 26'' and below models do infact lg,sony,samsung etc use them.

FYI LG does not use TN. All LG LCDs use IPS Pannels. And Samsung DO uses Non IPS pannel. Try a simple test, go to the showroom and put a slight pressure over the LCD on display or slightly knock on the LCD. Non IPS pannel would show a deformity, and an IPS pannel would not be affected AT ALL. Some high end SONY models might use IPS but not in the same range as LG for sure.

To each liking his own, but technically the LH90 screen is a class apart. Amongst LH20 is not a 1080p screen.

ya sorry, typing mistake :) its a back-lit

i'm not sure if its LH20 or LF20 but its surely a 20.. may be its LF20 as you can't find a LH20.

on paper the LH90 beats the rest of the LGs hands-down but can't be said practically. or may be bcoz the same line of tata sky was used for all tvs..

Which is far better than Edge lit. Another reason to go for LG.

BTW its not a Typo....lol, LG does not use Edge lit they DO use local Diming which as I updated is better.

Check THIS for any doubt

extract from the same site

LED performance and a stylish, color-infused design set a new standard in home entertainment. Unlike other LED HDTVs that use "edge" lighting, LG's LH90 uses a full array of LED backlights which employ a local dimming technology for precise picture control, resulting in deeper blacks, a wide color gamut and smooth motion for a more natural picture.

Last edited:
FYI LG does not use TN. All LG LCDs use IPS Pannels. And Samsung DO uses Non IPS pannel. Try a simple test, go to the showroom and put a slight pressure over the LCD on display or slightly knock on the LCD. Non IPS pannel would show a deformity, and an IPS pannel would not be affected AT ALL. Some high end SONY models might use IPS but not in the same range as LG for sure.

well not all LG use IPS panels.they do use TN panels in low end small size models.
samsung doesn't use TN panel in large sized tvs,infact TN panels are produced only till 26".

the LG adds a extra glass layer ,nothing special.
sony don't use IPS panel.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I hope to buy the TV today.
So far I have shortlisted LGLH90, LGLH50, Samsung 40" B530 or 550 and will check Sony as well.

Let me know if I am missing anything in this list that is competitive.

Not sure if I will be able to sleep with all the excitement of buying LCD :)

well not all LG use IPS panels.they do use TN panels in low end small size models.
samsung doesn't use TN panel in large sized tvs,infact TN panels are produced only till 26".

Except 19/22" LH20 Model all other LG models have IPS Pannel. And Samsung does use Non IPS pannels in their 40" models as well. As I said I performed that "check" in the showroom and that is the reason I suggested the same. I will try getting the model no if possible.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I hope to buy the TV today.
So far I have shortlisted LGLH90, LGLH50, Samsung 40" B530 or 550 and will check Sony as well.

Let me know if I am missing anything in this list that is competitive.

Not sure if I will be able to sleep with all the excitement of buying LCD :)

Any reason not opting for LH70. Anyway make sure you have the option of turning TrueMotion off. Some have the option to only lower it and not completely switch it off.

pawsingh,

Do check sony 40B550A if it fits your budget (available at @64K.. used to be 83K before sony slashed price for 2009 models)..

Samsung has started "Thanks a million Celebration" offer. In this you get a free gift with every LCD/Plasma.

I bought a Samsung 46B530 Full HD 46" LCD yesterday for 73200.

I got a Samsung Home Theatre HT-Z320 free with it (MRP 15990).

Guess, it is very good offer price.

Except 19/22" LH20 Model all other LG models have IPS Pannel. And Samsung does use Non IPS pannels in their 40" models as well. As I said I performed that "check" in the showroom and that is the reason I suggested the same. I will try getting the model no if possible.

well only lg and panasonic/hitachi and some toshiba and philips models use IPS panels.

samsung/sony use SPVA or AMVA based panels.one of the best if not the best lcds like samsung 8500 and sony X450A/XBR8 use these panels.

I ended up buying Samsung 40B530
paid 51K with free camera
bought WD TV as well.
Little tired now, will setup tomorrow and post my opinion.

Thanks everyone for your assistance!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back