Need HDMI output from 3 yrs old PC - Possible ?

Hi i think we are getting there...

My plan was PC (HDMI) >> Samsung LCD - for video
PC (optical) >> Sony HTiB (has optical in) - for audio

Tried laptop hdmi to lcd video ok but dont get 5.1 pass through..

Which Asus model you are refering ?

Altogether how much it will cost me ?

Bumping an old thread..

Recently got a 2 TB internal hard disk as secondary HD for my brothers PC which runs Win 7, 64bit, 4GB DDR2 RAM.. Weirdly, the HD is detected by windows 7 under driver management, but doesn't show up on windows explorer screen..

After reading a bit of troubleshooting tips on google, tried suggested steps : locate the newly added secondary HD as "disk 1" as "not initialized" under driver management.. So initialized it and the disk now shows "online" & unallocated..

Tried formatting the drive, but it fails & doesn't show up on windows explorer..

Not sure if i missed any steps, any help to fix this issue is appreciated..

Bumping an old thread..

Recently got a 2 TB internal hard disk as secondary HD for my brothers PC which runs Win 7, 64bit, 4GB DDR2 RAM.. Weirdly, the HD is detected by windows 7 under driver management, but doesn't show up on windows explorer screen..

After reading a bit of troubleshooting tips on google, tried suggested steps : locate the newly added secondary HD as "disk 1" as "not initialized" under driver management.. So initialized it and the disk now shows "online" & unallocated..

Tried formatting the drive, but it fails & doesn't show up on windows explorer..

Not sure if i missed any steps, any help to fix this issue is appreciated..
After initializing try creating partition in computer management normally it will show default ( full volume ) proceed with Next ,Next automatically drive letter will be fixed after which it will ask for formatting page ,select fast format .Thats it
within few mins it will appear in explorer.

worst case your harddisk might be defective - for confirmation you put it your old pc and see whether it is showing up in there!!!!

After initializing try creating partition in computer management normally it will show default ( full volume ) proceed with Next ,Next automatically drive letter will be fixed after which it will ask for formatting page ,select fast format .Thats it within few mins it will appear in explorer.

I tried labeling the disk per the wizard & initiated formatting.. But I didn't check the error.. Fairly, if i recollect it says" formatting failed"..

worst case your harddisk might be defective - for confirmation you put it your old pc and see whether it is showing up in there!!!!

OMG.. It is brand new.. No even 15 days old :oops:..

I tried labeling the disk per the wizard & initiated formatting.. But I didn't check the error.. Fairly, if i recollect it says" formatting failed"..

OMG.. It is brand new.. No even 15 days old :oops:..
Sorry to say. HDD easily fail for no reason IMO
I have a experience of hdd failure for
1.More usage ,
2.Dropping from less than inch height,
3.unused kept as idle inside ESD cover.

For confirmation try below workaround.
in wizard - un select Quick format options and try( it is low level format but it will take time for 2TB ...say it is min 30mins to 45 mins some time 1 hr or so depends on ur pc config) if it fails on somewhere near to the 90+% ....100% u look for replacement HDD IMO.
All the best

Last edited:
Few questions in my mind>
Hope you tried using new power and SATA cable.
Are you getting some symptoms of Computer hanging when you are using that 2TB HDD in computer management.
Is it removed from external HDD casing or it is brand new came as internal.
Are you hearing some tick ...tick sound at same frequency from HDD?

Few questions in my mind>
Hope you tried using new power and SATA cable.

Yes.. new SATA cables..

Are you getting some symptoms of Computer hanging when you are using that 2TB HDD in computer management.

Nope.. PC doesn't hang..

Is it removed from external HDD casing or it is brand new came as internal.

Nope.. I didn't use external casing.. Just got it to serve as Internal HDD (Secondary)..

Are you hearing some tick ...tick sound at same frequency from HDD?

I think, it doesn't produce the tick..tick sound.. I understand what you are saying, in case of failed HDD, it might produce tick..tick sound.. correct?

Yes.. new SATA cables..Ok

Nope.. PC doesn't hang.....Positive sign

Nope.. I didn't use external casing.. Just got it to serve as Internal HDD (Secondary)..ok

I think, it doesn't produce the tick..tick sound.. I understand what you are saying, in case of failed HDD, it might produce tick..tick sound.. correct? yes u r

Try to create 2 partition in the same 2tb HDD select the volume for 500gb in one and other one is remaining volume.
Some times bad sector will be partitioned on to one of the partition.and the other will get formatted. Any ways you have to look for replacement.

if you have any known computer service techn pls check with them may be in bios something is disabled !!!
Possible for HDD replacement request?
If you don"t have any option try this in local market it will cost around Rs - 400 and repeat the same procedure again ( formatting and partition creating).

Share the results.
all the best

https://www.amazon.in/Smacc-Adapter...eywords=usb+to+sata+converter#customerReviews

Try to create 2 partition in the same 2tb HDD select the volume for 500gb in one and other one is remaining volume.
Some times bad sector will be partitioned on to one of the partition.and the other will get formatted. Any ways you have to look for replacement.

Haven't tried this.. But will try & update here.. Am really surprised on how the brand new internal HD is behaving..

Anyways before replacing, seagate tech support will suggest me some mandatory steps to confirm if the HD is dead..

if you have any known computer service techn pls check with them may be in bios something is disabled !!!

Is it something i can check in BIOS ?.. Am not skilled, but can navigate BIOS menu and change settings if reqd..

Possible for HDD replacement request?
If you don"t have any option try this in local market it will cost around Rs - 400 and repeat the same procedure again ( formatting and partition creating).

Yes.. Replacement seems to be the only option.. But yes, as you suggested, will try those steps before i call seagate technical support for replacement..

Share the results. all the best

Sure.. Thanks for your help..

Wasn't aware there were converters.. But do these work?..

Haven't tried this.. But will try & update here.. Am really surprised on how the brand new internal HD is behaving..

Anyways before replacing, seagate tech support will suggest me some mandatory steps to confirm if the HD is dead..

Is it something i can check in BIOS ?.. Am not skilled, but can navigate BIOS menu and change settings if reqd..

Yes.. Replacement seems to be the only option.. But yes, as you suggested, will try those steps before i call seagate technical support for replacement..

Sure.. Thanks for your help..

Wasn't aware there were converters.. But do these work?..
These converter work like charm with any "SATA" and "IDE"type hdd and can be converted as usb external hard-disk.If it is 2.5 inch model no external powersupply is required.If it is 3.5 inch model external powersupply is required.Main issue with this type of low cost converter is supplied with low quality powersupply.So if you go with some good brand it will be supplied with good quality power
adapter.Below model is good quality one

ORICO 3.5 inch USB3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure (7688U3) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0767HZ3WK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_70QGAb8MJPWMT

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back