Need HDMI output from 3 yrs old PC - Possible ?

If you are able to post on this forum by yourself flipkart should not be your problem. They do offer Cash on Delivery option and hence you may even place the order without online payment hasstles.

Sorry buddy..I didn't understand... Were you trying to tell me that fixing the GPU myself is as simple as posting on this forum :) .. (or) did you try telling me something else...

Flipkart delivers in my area..So not a problem...

Sorry buddy..I didn't understand... Were you trying to tell me that fixing the GPU myself is as simple as posting on this forum :) .. (or) did you try telling me something else...

Flipkart delivers in my area..So not a problem...

My direction was towards flipkart, but nevertheless to your problem of installing, whatever GPU you are buying search in youtube on "How to install <your GPU>" and that will give you enough informative videos for you to do your own.

Got Zotac Nvidia GeForce GT610 2GB DDR3 RAM for 2.7K as the 1GB version was not aval...

Was able to add it successfully & configure the HDMI output to the receiver....

Will be getting an other 2GB of DDR2 RAM from an other forum member...

Congratulations. If this is a dedicated htpc then use xbmc as the media center application. For remote control buy mce remote or FLIRC. Somebody has recently posted a link to hp mce remote control for Rs.750/-. Since you already have harmony urc, you can buy mce ir receiver alone instead of receiver+remote combo. FLIRC is highly recommended, but will cost you around 1.6K. You can use any of your existing remote control with FLIRC.

Thanx Baijo & Spiro.... I have already installed XBMC on my CPU....I believe it requires more RAM... My system @ the moment has only 2GB DDR2 RAM..When i load XBMC & get in to the system settings tab there, it displays the aval memory as 1000 odd MB only :eek:hyeah:..Not sure what happ to the remaining...

So am i in the verge of making my CPU as HTPC ? :clapping: Can this replace my WDTV live Hub if i add an other 1 TB to my existing setup ?

Also am having some issues config the video settings in XBMC ...The video loads very slowly (Around 10GB movie files)..Any insights on that...

Also there is a screen flicker when played thru XBMC...Please let me know what needs to be tweaked...

You can consider the pc as htpc and can completely replace the WD media player. This htpc will even play 3d blu-rays if you install a bd rom or writer.

Regarding xbmc which version are you using? The current stable is Frodo 12.2. In xbmc, audio settings should be done carefully otherwise movies will stutter. Set the playback and passthrough devices to wasapi if you want to passthrough hd-audio. Also remember to power on avr before starting xbmc, because if avr is off the hdmi audio device is removed and xbmc will use the next available sound devices like analog speakers or optical out. Also enable DXVA in Settings > Video > Playback.

2GB ram, is enough as I have similar.You have to turn on DXVA so GPU will be handling.Still get latest drivers.Also install codecs if needed.

You can consider the pc as htpc and can completely replace the WD media player. This htpc will even play 3d blu-rays if you install a bd rom or writer.

Regarding xbmc which version are you using? The current stable is Frodo 12.2. In xbmc, audio settings should be done carefully otherwise movies will stutter. Set the playback and passthrough devices to wasapi if you want to passthrough hd-audio. Also remember to power on avr before starting xbmc, because if avr is off the hdmi audio device is removed and xbmc will use the next available sound devices like analog speakers or optical out. Also enable DXVA in Settings > Video > Playback.

Replacing the WDTV media player is a nice idea...Glad to know that...

Yes am using v12.2 Frodo... In the video settings->playback, i have set the render method as DXVA & disabled allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)..Hope these are correct settings...

BTW i have set the HDMI output as WASAPI..Earlier it was only HDMI followed by receiver name...

Will XBMC output 1080p/24 fps thru HDMI to my receiver ? Earlier when i used to play movies from WDTV HUb, it would display 1080p/24 on the screen.. Even my tv is capable of displaying that...

Does XBMC natively play 1080p/24 or does it output 1080p/50-60fps based on graphics card...

2GB ram, is enough as I have similar.You have to turn on DXVA so GPU will be handling.Still get latest drivers.Also install codecs if needed.

Thanx..I got an installation CD with the GPU..installed the entire reqd files from the CD....Hope i had done that correctly...

Well,I upgraded my drivers & performance improved then.New drivers may come with low latency & better results.

Again driver can be the issue.Also check the system requirements of graphic card.You may need atleast 400w SMPS.

Could you please share with me the name of the codec that need to be installed on my system?

For drivers should i check the Nvidia site...

System req is a minimum of 2GB of RAM & a reqd power supply is 300W...

Juz recollected that there were some 3D settings in the Nvivida control panel...Should i tweak any settings there ?

I had iball SMPS earlier which was I thing duplicate.It was under powered & burnt my HDD.

thanx for the info..Juz in case if i wish to add an other 1 TB HDD to the existing CPU, should i consider upgrading my power supply ?

If so which one should i consider...

Back