Need Help deciding what amplifier to get for Wharfedale Diamond 121's

shade131290

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my amplifier, I have a Pace 2045 right now, with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 121's..I would really appreaciate it if you guys could share your thoughts on the following combos if you have heard them..

Wharfedale Diamond 121's with :

1) Marantz PM6004
2) Yamaha A-S500
3) Cambridge Audio Azur 351A
4) Onkyo A-9030

Any other suggestions ( in the same price range ) which go well with these speakers are also welcome :)

Thanks a lot guys!

Hi Shade,
My vote would go with the marantz but you can look at PM 6005, its a musical amp with an ability to be as subtle and refined as it can be energetic.. Mostly I think the bass on it would be more suited to your speaker design.. Just my 2Ps

Cheers
Ravi

Marantz and Wharfedales have been a popular combo.
I find Wharfedale sound (I heard the 10.1 not the 121) laidback and languid even, detailed but laidback. Cambridge audio in my opinion will be a good match as it is considered to be on the brighter side and brings a certain excitement to the music which the Wharfedales need.
Have not heard them with Yamaha or Onkyo so can not comment.

Cambridge audio in my opinion will be a good match as it is considered to be on the brighter side and brings a certain excitement to the music which the Wharfedales need.
Eb8NST

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back