Need help on 5.1.2 setup for Denon AVR 2400

rainbowsong2000

Friends,

Finally I bought DENON AVR 2400H. Need your help in selecting 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup.

Room size: 12 x 13
Sources: Tata Sky HD and PS 4 and Mobile
Movies 50%, Gaming 25% and Music 25%

I cant have the Atmos up firing speakers due to high roof, kind of dulplex hall, so option is to have down firing atmos speakers.Alreadyi was having Yamaha NSP 100 speakers

Thanks
Dina

Last edited:
No , i sold the yamaha speakers and budget is around 50k. But please suggest based on my usage as said movies 60 , music n games remaining

Thanks

That's a tight budget for 5.1.2
I strongly recommend going stepwise, eg a pair of bookshelves and subwoofer to start with and get the rest later as and when budget peemits.
If you still want to have everything at once, you can look at taga harmony 5.0 pack with polk owm3 ceiling speakers and bic f12 subwoofer.

Thanks, i can relax 50k budget. Is it worth to go for tower speakers? What could be the advantage of watching movies than music. Pks suggest

i can relax 50k budget.

For a budget of 50K, consider Taga harmony TAV series speakers.. Easy on the pocket..

I cant have the Atmos up firing speakers due to high roof, kind of dulplex hall, so option is to have down firing atmos speakers.Alreadyi was having Yamaha NSP 100 speakers

Could you reconfirm the model #.. Share pics if you can.. If the speakers have mounting threads (hole) at the back of the speaker, you can consider MX ceiling/ wall mount brackets.. You can fix it at a place / location convenient at a height on your side walls..

Is it worth to go for tower speakers? What could be the advantage of watching movies than music.

If you will be buying a subwoofer, then you can settle for BS speaker.. Sub will take care of the low bass..

Within the limited budget of 50k, it is advisable to go by step by step method so that you can have quantity components in your HT setup so there is no need of upgradation soon. Within your budget and room size you are advise to consider 5.0 bookshelf speakers setup with subwoofer. Sensitivity of speakers is one of the consideration factor in this regards as one of the member mentioned that his Denon AVR 2400 struggled to power Elac 5.0 bookshelf speakers set up. In your case case you can either have good quality 5.0 speakers set or Subwoofer and one pair of bookshelf speakers and can later on add remaining components as budget permit. In your case I will suggest to have Polk RTiA 3, 1 and CSiA 4 as
1. Polk matches very well with Denon AVR. Many happy FM have said combination.
2. Polk RTiA series are one of good sounding speakers within your budget.
3. Can be easily wall mounted on a single screw without any additional mounting accessories.
4. Due to front port design can be place close to wall.
5. May get good discount from dealer if all purchase together like ProFx give 15 to 18 % discount.
There are other speakers in this range like WD 225/220/220c, BA A2 6/A25/225c but they are either heavy or rear ported so can't be mounted easily as RTiA are and need additional mounting accessories.

Thanks Elango and RP

To be precise i have the Denon AVR-X2400H not any speakers. i have attached the room pics and 50k is the indicative budget and i can go further no issues.

1. Now the questions are can i go for tower speakers for my reuiqrements on movies and music or book shelf is fine.
2. Is 2 subwoofers makes the difference for this room setup or one is fine.
3. Mostly i will use for watching Movies, TV,PS 4 Gaming, Netflix and music is very minimal. So, is tower speakers required or book shelves is sufficient ?

Attachments

• hall 2.jpeg
    hall 2.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 42
  • view from TV.jpeg
    view from TV.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Right side.jpeg
    Right side.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 40
  • left side.jpeg
    left side.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 40
To be precise i have the Denon AVR-X2400H not any speakers. i have attached the room pics and 50k is the indicative budget and i can go further no issues.

1. Now the questions are can i go for tower speakers for my reuiqrements on movies and music or book shelf is fine.
3. Mostly i will use for watching Movies, TV,PS 4 Gaming, Netflix and music is very minimal. So, is tower speakers required or book shelves is sufficient ?

Tower speakers are a substitute when you don't have a subwoofer.. So yes, a tower is not reqd.. You can settle for bookshelf speakers..

Look for speakers that have key hole mounts, so that it is easier to mount on wall..

2. Is 2 subwoofers makes the difference for this room setup or one is fine.

Two (identical ones) is always better than one, as it has some advantages.. If you can accommodate dual subs in your budget, you can consider..

you can consider Polk Rti series bookshelf , matching centre and a sub. Look at bic pl 200/ f12 subs. You may have to increase your budget

Initially you go for four bookshelf speakers and center speaker. Later on add floor standing speaker as front and use rear speakers as front Atmos speakers else add active subwoofer to the existing setup. If movies are your priority then instead of floor standing speaker consider dual subwoofer setup

Thanks Every one. So, i made 4 options. Whats your opinion. Please let me know if there is any proven or experienced better combinations.
1522763704841.png

Hi,
Mostly i will finalize with Elac Debut F5, Center C5, Surround B5 and S10 Sub. Later will go for additional speakers for Atmos.

Any thoughts ? and Can i use my existing MX 889 cables which is 16 AWG ?

Cheers
Dina

Hi,
Mostly i will finalize with Elac Debut F5, Center C5, Surround B5 and S10 Sub. Later will go for additional speakers for Atmos.

Any thoughts ? and Can i use my existing MX 889 cables which is 16 AWG ?

Cheers
Dina
I have the exact same setup with the Denon AVR-X2400H.
Very happy with it.

Friends,

Finally I bought DENON AVR 2400H. Need your help in selecting 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos setup.

Room size: 12 x 13
Sources: Tata Sky HD and PS 4 and Mobile

Thanks
Dina
Hi
Swapnil here. If you have not finalized , pl chk my sale post. Have wharfedale 5.1 for sale at 38k black colour. Ask anybody they are dream to own. Highly stylish and warm sound overall for movies music rock etc. If interested please share number or ping me. Mumbai based.

Hi
Swapnil here. If you have not finalized , pl chk my sale post. Have wharfedale 5.1 for sale at 38k black colour. Ask anybody they are dream to own. Highly stylish and warm sound overall for movies music rock etc. If interested please share number or ping me. Mumbai based.
Share your for sale post link here.
I dont see your post.May be it is not eligible with pre requisite!!!!????

Thanks Shah... But i purchased.

Friends finally purchased Boston Acoustics CS 260, A225C, CS 26, bic america dv-32b atmos and BIC f12 (5.2.2 Setup). I have auditioned many and this combination is awesome and worth for the price (Audtioned exactly like my room setup and the sound is impressive for movies, music and TV). Mostly will be installing in next coming days and will post the feedback.

Meanwhile, could some one please advise on where to fix the dv-32b for atmos ? while auditioning it was fixed as Top Height Right and left. But, Dolby suggest to have rear top right and left. Which is better ?

Also, needs to have wall hanging bracket for CS26 and brackets capable of holding the Dv-32b upside down as Atmos (Is it ok ...?

Thanks

Congrats on your purchase.
Ceiling mounted Speaker location it depends on your seating area.!!!
Is it 2 sub?

Thanks Shah... But i purchased.

Friends finally purchased Boston Acoustics CS 260, A225C, CS 26, bic america dv-32b atmos and BIC f12 (5.2.2 Setup). I have auditioned many and this combination is awesome and worth for the price (Audtioned exactly like my room setup and the sound is impressive for movies, music and TV). Mostly will be installing in next coming days and will post the feedback.

Meanwhile, could some one please advise on where to fix the dv-32b for atmos ? while auditioning it was fixed as Top Height Right and left. But, Dolby suggest to have rear top right and left. Which is better ?

Also, needs to have wall hanging bracket for CS26 and brackets capable of holding the Dv-32b upside down as Atmos (Is it ok ...?

Thanks

I briefly owned the DV 32b and it has multiple key hole mounting options...I used to use them inverted so they face inwards to listening area 45 degrees type....

CS26s....Look at CRT TV mounting metal stands which are available on Amazon...these come with a belt to tie....there are also other stands...depends on your choice of mounting

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back