need help/ suggestion for setting up 7.1 HTS

jpmlore

hi,

i am new member to HFV and have benefited a lot from various discussions in the various forums. i have recently bought panasonic 50ST30D (thanks to discussion on television threads). i am now in process of choosing a good 7.1 HTS.
i need your valuable suggestions. my viewing habits are movies and music in almost equal proportions.
i watch hollywood movies and listen to hard rock/death metal music. i also like old hindi/kannada songs.i play FPS and planning to connect my comp to TV shortly.
currently room size is 20 X 12 (wall open to dining room on the 20feet side after 10 feet of distance from edge. TV placed at end of 20 feet.)
my budget is 1 Lakh (maybe extended to 1.2Lakh) but wouldd like to restrict to 1 Lakh including AVR and speaker.
i am willing to risk it and get AVR from Germany either couriered by a buddy or from amazon.de. please help me in this regard to select a good set.
i am willing to set up 5.1 now and add surrounds later on (budget for 5.1 remains same). if it is 5.1, the AVR should be scalable to 7.1

For 1l you would have to get the AVR from germany, otherwise its about 45 k for a decnet avr that will future proof you. i think the onkyo nr 609 is the way to go.. gives you everything but airplay.. but you can connect ipod to usb.. that should be around 400 euros with shipping and customs.. otherwise denon 1912 is also a strong contender.. this is considering that you will get the avr form ebay.de.. otherwise you can get a denon 1612 in india which is a decnet avr, but without any networking ..hence limited possibilities.. for speakers get 2 good florr standing speakers now.. and wait till your budget permits to upgrade.. energy take classic, jbl cine system 300, and boston acoustics are alll very valid choices for movies only.. sadly music requires a higher budget it seems.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back