Need Home Theatre in Chandigarh for Around 15k

tamaskara2

I am looking for a new Home Theatre in Chandigarh, My budget is around 15k, can be extended if required.

Please suggest me the best options available. My hall size is normal, I would listen to music mostly (I prefer alternative rock and sometimes heavy metal).

Please help people. I love you all!

I am looking for a new Home Theatre in Chandigarh, My budget is around 15k, can be extended if required.

Please suggest me the best options available. My hall size is normal, I would listen to music mostly (I prefer alternative rock and sometimes heavy metal).

Please help people. I love you all!

If you listen to music mostly then a stereo setup with a DAC will sound better than any Home theater. Other wise you can buy Onkyo Home Theater 3400 around 23-24k. But its musical capabilities are limited.

Whats your priority? Music or Movies?

Thanks for your reply Rupam,

I don't know anything about 'a stereo setup with a DAC'.

To answer your question, My preference is music, with more preference to Music videos (and concert videos) than movies. Actually, I don't give a darn to movies (I always prefer them on my laptop). So, please suggest me setup for high quality music and music videos only.

Thanks

Since your preference is music, it is better to invest in a stereo amplifier and a pair of book shelf speakers. A DAC or Digital to Analog Converter is needed if you want to get better audio quality from laptop. The built-in sound cards of laptops are of average quality. A DAC will enhance the sound quality by leaps and bounds.

Hi Naveen

Can offer an absolutely brand new unopened Pioneer HTP 071 bought in Dec 2012 from Reliance Digital, priced at Rs 21k for 17k+shipping at actuals or 17 k for self pickup at Delhi. As you can see the model ticks all your specific requirements , but I guess you have already done your research whilst shortlisting the particular model ?. Best of luck for your search and let me know if this interests you. Appending the URL of the model at reliacedigital for reference.

Shop for Pioneer HTP 71 5.1 Channels 150W Home Theatre System at Reliance Digital

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Baiju 'the' Xavier

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, my preference is absolutely music only, but will a "stereo amplifier and a pair of book shelf speakers" can be used for playing videos too? Will I able to connect that to my LCD tv?

Thanks for telling me the importance of a DAC or Digital to Analog Converter, it definitely suits my requirement, as I want to get better audio quality from laptop (will my mobile also work with it?).

Please suggest me how to get started with this setup, how much a good amplifier will cost, and which ones are bookshelf speakers, also what about bass?, will there be any bass without a sub-woofer?

Anyone please guide me through.

Thanks

I am getting inclined towards a 2.1 system, as I want pure music only.

Klipsch Pro Media is available at flipart, but Swans M50W is not available at hifinage

I read somewhere to 'get a DNM AV499 Stereo Amplifier for Rs 4950 and a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.0/Cambridge Audio S30 For Rs 9500! It will blow any 2.1 or 2.0 system out of the blue waters.'

Whats your advice?

Please, I can't go beyond 20k at any cost.

Looking forward to your precious suggestions.

When it comes to stereo systems, there are lots of experienced members here who can help you. I don't have a stereo setup. But as per this forum discussions, a Norge stereo amp and a pair of Sonodyne book shelf speakers will cost you just around 20K. These book shelves can provide adequate bass. If you want more bass then you can add a subwoofer later. Speaker and amp matching is very important and users say Norge goes well with Wharfedale speakers. For pricing you can visit hifimart.com and technoguru.in.

Baiju,

Thanks again for your reply.

The senior members, please help me in getting a stereo setup built.

I also liked the idea of adding thing later (like a subwoofer).

I am really confused among amps.

I am being suggested with 'Topping TP20', 'DNM AV499 Stereo Amplifier' and 'Norge stereo amp'.

And in bookshelves, 'Cambridge audio S30', 'Wharfedale Diamond 10.0' and 'Sonodyne book shelf speakers'

People, I would like to get started with a basic setup, and then add things gradually.

Please, help me in making a decision.

Since you are new in stereo world, I would advise you to first go to a good shop in Chandigarh where you can demo good speakers like Wharfedale, Sonodyne, Usher, Boston Acoustics. Demo the systems which comes under your budget. Note down your preference and model number accordingly. Then based on your choice and taste of music give us names of shortlisted speakers. We can surely help you.

Hi Naveen

Can offer an absolutely brand new unopened Pioneer HTP 071 bought in Dec 2012 from Reliance Digital, priced at Rs 21k for 17k+shipping at actuals or 17 k for self pickup at Delhi. As you can see the model ticks all your specific requirements , but I guess you have already done your research whilst shortlisting the particular model ?. Best of luck for your search and let me know if this interests you. Appending the URL of the model at reliacedigital for reference.

Shop for Pioneer HTP 71 5.1 Channels 150W Home Theatre System at Reliance Digital

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2
Ashish-

Why you want to sell your Pioneer HTP 071 which is not even month old..? are you not satisfied with the model ? Honest reason pls..

Thanks

Hello tamaskara2,
As many said, for your budget and purpose, I would suggest you to go for a decent 2.1 or 2.0 speakers.

I believe they produce better sound quality compared to a 5.1 system. You can look at Audio Engine, Polk Audio, Boston for decent bookshelf speakers.

I would also suggest you to audition Edifier S530 and Klipsch Pro Media if you have any feasibility.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back