Need Projector screen

prakasse

Hi Folks,

I am looking for projector screen of size anywhere between 100 inches to 120 inches. My room size if 16 feet [length] * 10 feet [width] * 9 feet. 6 inches [height].

Kindly request you to provide contacts in Bangalore form where i can source the screen. I am on a tight budget and look to spend 8k to 10k for this.

I will be pairing this with Optomo HD20.

Edit: I need 16:9 format screen

Thanks,
Senthil.

Last edited:
You guess can buy a Grandview Matt White manual pull down on your budget. Or you can go for fixed frame. Someone from Bangalore can fill you in with contact number. Or search for Grandview in the forum, maybe some contact number is already there in some post.

This is the quote I got from HT store Bangalore (end of Aug)

Grandview 106" CNV Series
It's Rs10,500/- for chemical fabric
Rs15000/- for fiberglass

Grandview 120"
Rs15000/- for Chemical fabric
Rs20500/- for fiber glass

Optoma Screens,
Manual 106' Rs11,000/-
Manual120" = 15000/-

Lokesh.C
AV Consultant.
(Control4 Certified installer)
The Home Theater Store,
#28,3rd Cross, Nrupathunga Nagar,
JP Nagar 7th Phase,
Bangalore-560076,
PH:080-26850866
M:+919845545429
The Home Theater Store
[email protected]
[email protected]

Do check other posts also. You will find plenty of info.

Cheers...

Quote from ARN Systems, Bangalore for Optoma/Liberty 120" diagonal, 16:9, manual pull down - Rs. 20394.60 including 14% VAT.
contact Raghuraman 09845251534 for the latest quote.

Cheers..

Rajan,

I see from the other thread that you got the screen shipped from Delhi for 10K. can you share the contact?

Thanks,
Senthil.

For the screen, I would go in for something like a 100 inch, considering your front wall size of 10ft. Remember that you will have to place speakers in front of the wall and you will need some space around the speakers to play around with placement.

You will get a Grandview screen in that price range. Check with Centrevision in Chamarajpet, IIRC they used to be the distributors for Grandview a few years ago.

Also, rajan has suggested Optoma at 11k. If you can stretch your budget a bit, you should go in for the Optoma. It is a far better screen and the difference is worth every penny. I use a 120" Optoma Panoview screen too for last 2 years and am very happy with it.

Prakasse

I have a manual Optoma screen 100 inch diagonal, very little used which is available for sale at a reasonable price. I am replacing it with a new Dalite screen, that I got from the US.

If you are interested,PM me.

George

Hi Rajan,

Optoma Screens,
Manual 106' Rs11,000/-

Is this quote for 16:9 format?

Thanks,
Senthil

Yes, the quote is for 16:9.
You can call Mr. Lokesh of HT and discuss freely with him about your requirements. He is a pucca gentleman and I'm sure he will be more than happy to help you.:)

Additional infos on Grandview screens can be found on:

Canadian website

Welcome to Grandview Crystal Screen Canada

Chinese website

www.grandviewscreen.com

Indian website (based at secunderabad)

AV-VISION EQUIPMENTS (INDIA) (P) Ltd.

Cheers..

I got the following quotes from a supplier in Goa,

Grandview manual self-lock with slow retract
92" ....4300
100"....5250

Grandview motorised:
92".... 17500
100".....18000

all are CNV series and 16:9 format, bill and warranty for 1yr (except fabric) and vat 12.5% extra.

was planning on getting the 100" motorised....

is this a good offer ???

For the same Grandview CNV 16:9 120" manual with "speed reducing" I got a quote of 18K here in Delhi.

That is a total rip off price for this screen. It is definately not worth more than 7-8k. Grandview is a cheapo chinese brand.
I was told that -
"Grandview has cheap screens (that would most probably be labeled 'Liberty Grandview') that cost 7-8 K. These are assembled in India with parts brought from China. The expensive Grandview screens are very high quality and come assembled from China. They have 'Grandview' engraved in fabric. The quote 18K is for that premium screen. Here is link
Products - Grandview
"

I am now so confused, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Hi,

I have got an offer for draper 207119 for 10K.
http://www.allcartstore.com/Projecto...119-41595.html

It is 4:3 format screen with diagonal size of 115". Can you let me know if i watch 16:9 content in this will there be any issues?

Also how it is compared to optoma 106" 16:9 screen for 11K. Which shd i opt for?

Thanks,
Senthil.
Its being offered for 10K because buyers want to get rid of outdated 4:3 ratio screens. If you use this, there will be black bars above and below picture when you see 16:9 stuff in 4:3 screen. If you don't have any problem with that , please go ahead.

anm is right... You could convert this 4:3 screen into a 16:9 one but you will loose size... I havent done the calculations, but I think the 115" screen when converted to 16:9 will become less than 100"(just a guess)...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back