Need suggestion regarding 5.1 Home theatre

raghushining

Hello Guys,
I m planning to buy my first home theater. To be frank, I did not had much idea about it, and I read lot of threads from this forum, also attended lot of live demos. Now, the best one, I should say is Bose, but wont fit to my budget. I have a budget of 20k. I saw one model from Sony(Around 16K0 and sorry to say that it sucks. I got headache after the demo. The same experience with Samsung and LG I guess. I was amazed with Philips HTS 5530. Check out this link Philips - Home theater 3D Angled Speakers HDMI 1080p - HTS5530/94 - 5.1/7.1 Home theatres - Home theatre - Sound and vision.

They have 3D speakers, and the quality of the sound was amazing. I need your valuable suggestions on this product. I have never thought that Philips could sound so better. Under this price, this is the best one I have seen.

In the forum, I have also read about Onkyo, YAMAHA and a lot of other brands. I am not familiar with them. Where can I get a demo of these brands in Bangalore? Will it come under my budget? Do they come with DVD players?

After all I am not a geek, I just want to see my favorite movies and listen to Hotel California peacefully. So, kindly let me know your suggestions.

well as u stated that u have already read a lots of forums here.. however as i suggested to others wil a lil knowledge i gathered here.. i wud suggest u to look forward of ( bose)
as same price point of bose u can have a hell of a system..

also as per ur budget of 20 k philips 3571 comes in the list
onkyo 3100 for 18k
onkyo 3300 for 24k (not sure) can be less..

also plz specify u requirements of usage .. bass haeavy system and kind of music

room size and if the is budget is tweakabe to a lil extent.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a 50-50 requirement for movies and music. I dont need a heavy bass. The Philips one I saw, has very nice bass . The thing is it is crystal clear. The ONKYO one you have suggested, is it coming with a DVD player?

Sorry, I have one more question. When I searched in the forum, almost all the guys are suggesting ONKYO. To be frank, I have not listened to it so far. Is it that good?

Sorry, I have one more question. When I searched in the forum, almost all the guys are suggesting ONKYO. To be frank, I have not listened to it so far. Is it that good?

Onkyo sure has its advantages over philips . It works as an AVR with multiple hdmi inputs and one output... Philips can only out hdmi . You can connect multiple devices to Onkyo and lot of input options.. Philips limits it to DVD/USB (only few formats can be played) ... When it comes to the sound quality I do rate philips much better than Onkyo entry level htib.

Onkyo gives you the option to have your choice of speakers incase you want to upgrade in future. So please do spend some more time in researching what you want to buy.

Sound is very subjective! you might like philips your friend might like Lg. I suggest you listen to the Onkyo 3300, it is 22k+ and you'll have to buy a DVD player with it as well but listening to it will answer all your questions. Philips is known for good products, they are reliable as well and the cost of the model you mentioned is half the price so weigh all pros and cons.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back