Need suggestion

titlingkm

Hi to all,

Recently I purchased a Marantz SR5013 AVR and Q acoustics 3050i floor standing speakers. I have least possibility to go for an audition, but planning to add some new elements for my set up, now the confusion grows between 2.1 or 3.0...

I planned to built slowly due to budget constraints. Kindly advise.

If subwoofer as the next, I have choices in my mind based on reviews.
For subwoofer :
1.) Q acoustics QB12
2.) XTZ 8.17 (2)- <..will add one by one..>
3.) XTZ 10.17

Preference : Music - 50% Movies - 50%

Kindly suggest in all possible aspects.
Thank You.

Regards,
Magesh Babu K

Hi to all,

Recently I purchased a Marantz SR5013 AVR and Q acoustics 3050i floor standing speakers. I have least possibility to go for an audition, but planning to add some new elements for my set up, now the confusion grows between 2.1 or 3.0...

For subwoofer :
1.) Q acoustics QB12
3.) XTZ 10.17

Thank You.

Regards,
Magesh Babu K
If you are interested in an used xtz 10.17 let me know. Since you are in Chennai you can check the condition in person and take a call. Start with a 2.1 and not 3.0.

Hi to all,

For subwoofer :
1.) Q acoustics QB12
3.) XTZ 10.17

Thank You.

Regards,
Magesh Babu K
Let’s address the query of - 2.1 or 3.0 first.

I believe you have set the system to optimal 2.0 configuration.

Follow-up Quick question - Are you satisfied/happy with the Bass/Low frequency response of current setup Marantz SR5013 + Q acoustics 3050i ? Or do you feel something is missing while watching movies or listening to music?

If you are interested in an used xtz 10.17 let me know. Since you are in Chennai you can check the condition in person and take a call. Start with a 2.1 and not 3.0.

+1 with Love4sound, start with 2.1. Get Q Acoustics 3090i center channel speaker since for the time being your floor standers can do the duty of subwoofer. Center channel is important for movie watching for dialogues. Then, you can move to subwoofer and surrounds. All the best.

@apbin
Receiving muddy bass while listening to music and for movies it is okay. But sometimes for movies due to position i feel low in vocals.

Thank You @Love4sound @Srinivasa Rao
For music try pure direct mode it should sound good. What is your source for music? The marantz 5013 and q acoustic towers should be good enough for music

@apbin
Receiving muddy bass while listening to music and for movies it is okay. But sometimes for movies due to position i feel low in vocals.

Thank You @Love4sound @Srinivasa Rao

Muddy bass response could be becoz of various factors like FM mentioned source quality, speaker config, room acoustics and spk positioning which can be corrected with multiple hit and trial methods. FM using 3050i can comment what worked for them to get max out of it.

Specific to get clear vocals during movie experience you need to invest in good center channel.... as you have mentioned that’s what is missing in your setup then you should consider q-acous 3090ci and complete 3.0 setup for now.

Go ahead and buy q acoustics 3090ci and finish 3.0 setup, which will clear the lack in vocal clarity. You can check in the pre-owned route for a sub, which may help to finish 3.1 in little extended budget.

Rs.60000 that I can spend at the maximum but preferring to go best at economy.
Ok a decent budget for subwoofer. If you are ok going for used subwoofer you can check my xtz 10.17 which is in showroom condition. In the first post details including price are given. If not interested in used then check if you can get a new 10.17 within your budget. Also the rythmik sealed sub L12 should be available for 60k which has good reviews as well.

Ok a decent budget for subwoofer. If you are ok going for used subwoofer you can check my xtz 10.17 which is in showroom condition. In the first post details including price are given. If not interested in used then check if you can get a new 10.17 within your budget. Also the rythmik sealed sub L12 should be available for 60k which has good reviews as well.

Thank you bro. I will check.

+1 with Love4sound, start with 2.1. Get Q Acoustics 3090i center channel speaker since for the time being your floor standers can do the duty of subwoofer. Center channel is important for movie watching for dialogues. Then, you can move to subwoofer and surrounds. All the best.
2.1 means LR and sub. Center would be 3.0, if I am not wrong.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back