New Entrant need help with RX - V567BL

sundarraju

Hi All,

I am Sundar from Chennai, browsing this fabulous forum for many months and ordered a Yamaha RX-V567BL via Global E-bay on 10/09/2010 which got delivered to me yesterday. I have a few questions and need suggestions abut items to purchase, appreciate valuable response from the forum members.

1) Maxine Stepdown Transformer from Shah Electronics - Power Specs from the receiver displays 120V - 60 Hz - 270W - 320VA. I am wondering which one to buy to feed the receiver.

2) Eventhough the pacakge and AMP looks new but I noticed a D in Red Circle printed in the carton next to the serial no - I am wondering if this could be a refurbished or damaged stock item.

3) As suggested in many threads - I will be either going for a FS - Sub - and then the remaining speakers to complete the 5.1 setup. Need help in choosing the right speakers or complete 5.1 speaker package which should not exceed 30,000. I have seen the clearance sale from Savoy for Mission but somehow not interested.

4) HDMI inputs for the AVR will be Sundirect HD - Latest Onida DVD player and the video output will be fed to Sony KLV-32EX500.

Last but not the least - I paid 21,617 in easy EMI for this AVR.

Cheers:),
Sundar

Hi All,

I am Sundar from Chennai, browsing this fabulous forum for many months and ordered a Yamaha RX-V567BL via Global E-bay on 10/09/2010 which got delivered to me yesterday. I have a few questions and need suggestions abut items to purchase, appreciate valuable response from the forum members.

1) Maxine Stepdown Transformer from Shah Electronics - Power Specs from the receiver displays 120V - 60 Hz - 270W - 320VA. I am wondering which one to buy to feed the receiver.

2) Eventhough the pacakge and AMP looks new but I noticed a D in Red Circle printed in the carton next to the serial no - I am wondering if this could be a refurbished or damaged stock item.

3) As suggested in many threads - I will be either going for a FS - Sub - and then the remaining speakers to complete the 5.1 setup. Need help in choosing the right speakers or complete 5.1 speaker package which should not exceed 30,000. I have seen the clearance sale from Savoy for Mission but somehow not interested.

4) HDMI inputs for the AVR will be Sundirect HD - Latest Onida DVD player and the video output will be fed to Sony KLV-32EX500.

Last but not the least - I paid 21,617 in easy EMI for this AVR.

Cheers:),
Sundar

Congratulations.

1) The max power consumption of this AVR is 630 watts.. So I think you shld be getting some thing above 630..

2) You can try register this product online and write to yamaha support asking for the D-circle clarification..

3) I think you shld start with FS and Sub first and later add on centre and rear speakers.. The suggestions are tons so first spend some time searching in this forum and write back on this thread if you have specific questions on speaker package. (You can check craftel 5.1 , Telome BT , Sonodyne in chennai)

4) Good inputs :lol: (not sure if it was a question)

Kittu

Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure it is marked as D?.
The following link explains what A, B, C is.
FAQ
You need to check with Yamaha directly or your seller.

I see you have mentioned you are not interested in the MV8 mission
package, however since you have also mentioned your budget, I would
suggest you audition the missions before concluding. For an entry level
HT setup, the mission package at 24k is a very good deal. If it comes
any less than 24k should make it even more VFM and killer deal.

Thats purely my opinion, you must look around, audition and make
any decision/conclusion.

The D marking is not a good sign. I remember reading something similar on avsforum. Clearly it is damaged or refurbished. Please go through the RX-V567 owners thread in avsforum and you will understand.

If you ascertain that it is not first quality, then you must ask for a refund and a apology.

You need AT LEAST 1 kva transformer. I got Yamaha 665 couple of weeks back.

I got 1 KVA stepdown transformer for 1.5k.

Thanks for the responses,

1) I am thinking of getting 1KVA.
2) I registered the product today (only for US customers) and aware of the stocks category A,B and C but not sure what is "D".
3) I spent sleepless days (I work as per US Time Zone) searching the forums and could not figure out something which will match this AVR. Plannig to try out with some used FS and Sub in Ritchie Street through reliable source and may end up buying it. Siva I am having budget constraint of 30K now for the entire 5.1 speaker package, that is why going in for some medium range FS and Sub, my ultimate intention is to make the speakers compatible enough for any other AVR which I may upgrade at a later point of time.

4) Nice catch Kittu - I was about convert that into a question but somehow missed out as I am posting for the first time. I was about to mention - "thought of including AC Ryan Play on HD and wanted to know, "Is it worth waiting for some more time for the reviews from the recent group buy?" , honestly I feel that not many positive comments so far.

Planning to take the AVR tomorrow and audition with speakers after getting the stab - as of now it is just a "Sitting Duck"

Sundar

Thanks for the responses,

1) I am thinking of getting 1KVA.
2) I registered the product today (only for US customers) and aware of the stocks category A,B and C but not sure what is "D".
3) I spent sleepless days (I work as per US Time Zone) searching the forums and could not figure out something which will match this AVR. Plannig to try out with some used FS and Sub in Ritchie Street through reliable source and may end up buying it. Siva I am having budget constraint of 30K now for the entire 5.1 speaker package, that is why going in for some medium range FS and Sub, my ultimate intention is to make the speakers compatible enough for any other AVR which I may upgrade at a later point of time.

4) Nice catch Kittu - I was about convert that into a question but somehow missed out as I am posting for the first time. I was about to mention - "thought of including AC Ryan Play on HD and wanted to know, "Is it worth waiting for some more time for the reviews from the recent group buy?" , honestly I feel that not many positive comments so far.

Planning to take the AVR tomorrow and audition with speakers after getting the stab - as of now it is just a "Sitting Duck"

Sundar

Good that you are carrying your AVR for auditions.... :clapping:

POHD/Xtreamer problems can be fixed with firmware. Only advantage groupbuy gets you a better rate... So you can wait and pay 500 more and get a problem free media player .. no rush right... Sure you would be occupied with auditions near future............ :)

RX-V567BL paired with used speakers.

Hi All,

I did a couple of things in the last two days which was kind of hectic and just wanted to provide the updates to the forum members.

Called up e-bay and got the procedure for raising claims if the package delivered is not the same as the ordered.
Emailed the international re-seller and no one was answering the phone given by ebay.
Called the international re-seller again and was told that they are working on my claim and will communicate via email.
Called up the US Yamaha customer support and came to know that they do not label their products the way I described D printed in Red inside a circle !!!
I wanted to make sure that the unit not DOA so went ahead on Tuesday to buy things.
Started in the afternoon with the AVR and DVD player.

1) Purchased Maxine 1KW Stabilizer with 2 outputs with 1 Year warranty (Rs. 2350).
2) Demoed new speakers from a known person and cannot afford the price range.
3) Connected the AVR and auditioned with many combinations of used Denon/Kenwood FS and BS - not satisfied,
4) Auditioned AVR and DVD player with optical output and it sounded better so bought them (refer to attachments).
5) Came home very tired but cannot resist the temptation so hooked up 2.1 setup.

It sounded great to me and I am very happy about the fact that the AVR is not dead atleast :).

It costed me 21,000 for the 5.1 package along with a monster cable for the sub, I only have one unit of the Technics TW50 sub which pumps out 100W.

There are some minor cosmetic damages in the speakers which I can live with for the sake of the price I paid for. I am not sure if this is a good deal or not, but I am not left with many other options and this can be exchanged if I wish to do so in future.

Note :
Unable to upload attachments so including the links alone.
Warranty status for the registered AVR is still not updated in Yamaha Website.
No response from the International reseller for my queries.

Regards,
Sundar

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5858/connected.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/184/jamostudio180fs.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1431/subtechnicstw50.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7349/jblflix2surrandcenter.jpg

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back