new to forum

alok

Hi friends, just joined after going thru your well researched advices. I need your suggestions as I intend buying a versatile Home Theatre, both, for movies and good music. My budget is 60k(sans SCREEN), room size is 500sq ft.I can get Jamo directly from Denmark.
How does Yamaha AX863SE gel with Jamo s606, which cables to procure.
Thanks.
alok:licklips:

hi alok
whats the price difference between you getting the speakers from denmark vis a vis india. if its not much just buy it in india. you;ve got other options in that price range

do you want to go for floorstanders or bookshelves. imo at that price range, you get better sound quality from a bookshelf than a floorstander. check out monitor audio (bronze and silver), kefs, dali ikon, wharfedale diamond series for speakers

for amps theres the nad, cambridge and marantz to look at

Thanks afj, but i find the floorstanders more apealing to my ears.
I went through some gud reviews about Yam amp, sm compared it with denon and onkyo.Wud also go for an audition of marantz.
Thanks

I heard Yam with Jamo flrstands yr back & yes they sound sweat with Yam.
Even mov sound is better too.
Yam 863 is crowned as best AVR by whatshifi & really its powerful.

Last edited:
Thanks afj, but i find the floorstanders more apealing to my ears.
I went through some gud reviews about Yam amp, sm compared it with denon and onkyo.Wud also go for an audition of marantz.
Thanks

i havent listened to too many yam amps but what i;ve listened to, i dont find them dynamic. its like the music is pass through a shield, albiet a very thin one. audition the cambridge, nad and marantz. they're definitely better esp for a stereo set up. for floorstanders look at the monitor audio bronze br5, kef iq series apart from the jamos. wharfedale diamonds is an option too

Sorry if i cud nt make things clear, 50k budget is besides the amp budget.:)

One of the easiest solutions is the Q-Acoustics 1010i at around 40K. That is if you not very finicky about music. Otherwise you can assemble a set from one of the may companies such as Mordaunt Short, Mission, Wharfedale, etc.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat, i have auditioned jamo 606, how much wud a wharfedale assembly(9.5/9.6) cost me, i wud like my music to be as realistic as possible, i prefer indian and western , both.

Thanks Venkat, i have auditioned jamo 606, how much wud a wharfedale assembly(9.5/9.6) cost me, i wud like my music to be as realistic as possible, i prefer indian and western , both.

A Wharfedale 5.1 set with 9.5 fronts will cost your around 60,000. This is a 2 x 9.5, 1 x CS, 2 x 9 DFS, and 1 x SW 150.

Cheers

Hi , why dont u audition the jamo speakers with the Yamaha amplifier . No doubt the 863 is a brilliant amplifier. It builds up a very good soundstage , it is powerful and it even does a very good upscaling , in short it is a fully loaded amp. In terms of compatibility 606 will gell up verywell with the amp.But do audition it.

Re:Hi all

Hi alok, I have jus started in the forum . Tryin to get along with u guys. There is adealer for wharfedale in delhi ie bass n treble 9999016124. U can even have a demo over there.

Hi Venkat i am getting a rx-663 from singapore for $752(SD), is the price ok?Which cables and plugs do i buy for connecting speakers.
Thanks in advance.:licklips:

Hi Venkat i am getting a rx-663 from singapore for $752(SD), is the price ok?Which cables and plugs do i buy for connecting speakers. Thanks in advance.:licklips:

At thirty Rupees a Singapore Dollar, that comes to roughly 22,000. That is an excellent price.

For details on connectors and speakers cables, please visit my 'An Installation' thread (http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/4141-installation.html). I have a detailed explanation on ways to set up the Yamaha 663 and use it.

If you need more details, do not hesitate to holler.

Cheers

Hi Venkat, i had gone for auditioning of wharf Diamond 9.5/9.6, AS 9.6 was nt available with the dealer , we tried on 10.5 with sw150.I found 10.5 more detailed and warm, have you any opinion on it. Is it better than 9.6(which I cud nt audition). The dealer suggested to wait for 10.7??
Cud u opine on this.
THANKS.

Hi Venkat, i had gone for auditioning of wharf Diamond 9.5/9.6, AS 9.6 was nt available with the dealer , we tried on 10.5 with sw150.I found 10.5 more detailed and warm, have you any opinion on it. Is it better than 9.6(which I cud nt audition). The dealer suggested to wait for 10.7??
Cud u opine on this. THANKS.

The only place I could find some details on the 10 series was a Chinese site (????????????). I had to browse through it like a blind man, and could find some details. Here they are:

Bass Drivers - 2x165mm
Midrange - ?
Tweeter - 25mm
Impedance - 6 ohm
Sensitivity - 90db
Frequency Range - 30-24khz
Crossover - 150hz /850hz/ 4.5khz
HF Limit at -10dB - 35Khz
Size - 965x 223x301

Bass Drivers - 2x165mm
Midrange - none
Tweeter - 25mm
Impedance - 6 ohm
Sensitivity - 88db
Frequency Range - 35-24khz
Crossover - 100hz / 2.5khz
HF Limit at -10dB - 38Khz
Size - 900x 223x301

Bass Drivers - 2x165mm
Midrange - None
Tweeter - 25mm
Impedance - 6 ohm
Sensitivity - 86db
Frequency Range - 35-24khz
Crossover - 600hz / 3.8khz
HF Limit at -10dB - 40Khz
Size - 850x 223x301

Bass Drivers - 2x204mm
Midrange - 50mm
Tweeter - 25mm
Impedance - 6 ohm
Sensitivity - 88db
Frequency Range - 28-24khz
Crossover - 150hz/1.0KHz/6.0Khz
HF Limit at -10dB - 44Khz
Size - 1080x247x331

Frankly, I like the specs of the 9.6 better, and I feel it will perform even better than the 10.7, the highest in the new series. It is bigger, has larger woofers, better crossover......

I think Wharfedale, like all other companies, seems to be playing frugal and designing new products with lesser specs.

If you can get a 9.6 at good prices, go for it. Try to beat the dealer into selling 'old' stock and laugh all the way home.

Also see http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/4113-wharfedale-10-series-being-launched.html for some more discussions.

Cheers

THANKS VENKAT, iam going for a wharf 9.6 front and a 5.1 set up, initially , to team up with Yam 663. I have gone through your installation thread thoroughly, as i have shifted to lucknow and i am getting my speakers from delhi, cud u pls suggest the specs of cables for the system. I willbe doing the set up on my own.
Thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back