Oled C8 pixel damage started in under 1 year

tusharbiswas3

Hi guys,

Just completed 500 hours of watching last week on my C8 Oled bought in August 2019. Thought of running a screen test by running one of the solid colour test patterns on youtube to see if any pixels got burnt or not. No burn in was noticed but what I saw took me aback. Few of the pixels had been damaged and was not showing an response to any content being played. Anyone else faced this in a very short period of time?? Were you able to claim warranty??

Contact LG and get them to replace the panel. These are enough for a replacement. Did C8 have extended warranty on the panel? I think it was 1 comprehensive + 1 on panel only by default, right?

The lg guys came over and checked the issue. They told the panel will be replaced but there will be a delay because of lockdown as company transport is not available at the moment. But this will be eventually done. He was also suggesting regarding taking amc. Regarding this i have a few questions for which i would like your suggestions or experience if any one faced.

1) is amc and extended warranty the same thing??
2) my first year warranty is about to end in july end. Latest till when can i opt for this policy??
3) what is the approximate cost of the policy on a year on basis??
4) does this cover all possible panel issues??
5) will cost of repair during this amc period be totally free??
6) any other particular thing of the policy i need to be careful or watch out for??

It would be really helpful if you could share with me the details. Would like to know your suggestions before discussing this with the lg guy.

Thanks.

The lg guys came over and checked the issue. They told the panel will be replaced but there will be a delay because of lockdown as company transport is not available at the moment. But this will be eventually done. He was also suggesting regarding taking amc. Regarding this i have a few questions for which i would like your suggestions or experience if any one faced.

1) is amc and extended warranty the same thing??
2) my first year warranty is about to end in july end. Latest till when can i opt for this policy??
3) what is the approximate cost of the policy on a year on basis??
4) does this cover all possible panel issues??
5) will cost of repair during this amc period be totally free??
6) any other particular thing of the policy i need to be careful or watch out for??

It would be really helpful if you could share with me the details. Would like to know your suggestions before discussing this with the lg guy.

Thanks.

As per LG you can take the AMC even after the expiry of the manufacturer warranty. And I believe your C8 has 2nd year warranty for the screen.

Below is the clause mentioned in LG India website :

In case the service contract is to be entered into after the expiry of warranty period or of previous contract, the contract will be accepted subject to checking of the equipment by the company's representative and verifying that it is in working condition. In case set is found defective and any repair needs to be done, then it will be repaired first and then taken into contract and the cost (labor and parts) shall be borne by the customer.

Update : lg guys came over after raising the repair request to check the panel. Then took pics of all necessary information and the issue. Now after one month i can see the request got cancelled all of a sudden. I reached out to the officials and they said 1 to 2 dot damage is not considered as issue so company has declined the replacment request.

Can someone suggest on what to do now??

Bug them on Twitter and raise complaint on customer care. This isn't one or two dots. These are multiple pixels in a cluster. Tell them that. They'll escalate your complaint, voice of customer it's called I think, and that'll get senior execs work on it.

Update : lg guys came over after raising the repair request to check the panel. Then took pics of all necessary information and the issue. Now after one month i can see the request got cancelled all of a sudden. I reached out to the officials and they said 1 to 2 dot damage is not considered as issue so company has declined the replacment request.

Can someone suggest on what to do now??
Really shocked by this. I mean what kind of response is this and how dare they cancel the request without your consent. Even if it’s one dot they have to replace panel. LG after sales service is pathetic as per me previous experience. Escalate this issue to LG.

Really shocked by this. I mean what kind of response is this and how dare they cancel the request without your consent. Even if it’s one dot they have to replace panel. LG after sales service is pathetic as per me previous experience. Escalate this issue to LG.
The customer service is currently off due to covid. Anybother way to escalate this??

Those modes of contact are all off at the moment.
Oh ok. As far as I know email is the only way to escalate the issue but again they will connect you with the same service team. You can also contact the service engineer who attended and ask for his supervisor contact and through the supervisor the zone head. But in my experience LG India is known to be pathetic with after sales service.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back