OLED TV's price/best quote thread

All these carry additional CC cash back of 7.5k or emi cash back of 15k if you have a credit card.

If you want reference, please PM me.

LG :
(2k discount is by lucky draw. You get either of fridge, washing machine, AC or 2k discount. Mostly 2k discount for mortals.)
Any cash back is above this.
55BX - 1.12L - 2k
55CX - 1.22L - 2k
65BX - 1.58L - 2k
65CX - 1.69L - 2k

Sony: (Free headphones)
Any cash back is above this.
55A8G - 1.32L
65A8G - 1.92L
65A8H - 2.18L

Update:
Got call from the store manager.

Today seem to be officially the last day for the above mentioned prices.
If anyone is interested and are in contact with the store manager, please sync with him again and pay token amount and block a tv today so that the offer can be extended to next week. (Even then billing will be made in today's date only)
The 3 year extended warranty ends by 20th, so there is no use of extending the offer further than that anyways.
Store is open till 10PM today and token amount can be paid till that.
Contact the store manager for the mode of payment if you are interested.

Backtracking this thread to last 2 years, it seems the extended warranty offer comes only during diwali. So make use of that.

Hi Guys! Happy Diwali to everyone!
Finally took the plunge and bought the CX 65 today for 1.73L including cashback from Vijay sales. The actual calculation was 1.85- 10k(cashback from Bajaj finance)- 2k (points from VS). Didn't opt for any other offers, but might go for the 2 years extended warranty after confirming whether the panel is covered. They quoted me 26k for the warranty. If anyone in Mumbai is looking for this particular model, then please bargain as the original first price quoted to me was 2.13L.

Got an offer of 1.71L excluding cashbacks in Bangalore today. Booked it, will make full payment tomorrow.
Bajaj Finance + LG are offering 1 EMI free. But I am not sure if this and credit card offer both can be combined together, if so, that would be amazing.

If anybody wants to join let me know.

Off Topic: My primary use is as a PC Monitor, I checked Samsung Q80T and LGCX65, the Q80T was a lot more responsive from the word get go. Was able to switch to both 4K 60hz and FullHD 120Hz easily. But on CX65 despite trying my best I could not do either. Tried all settings. Used the same HDMI cable on both. So, I am still confused if I should go with the Samsung or LG.

Last edited:
Backtracking this thread to last 2 years, it seems the extended warranty offer comes only during diwali. So make use of that.

I am interested in the extended warranty as well, but the LG festive offers page clearly says 4th and 5th year are AMC and not comprehensive warranty, so panel burn in may not get covered in it. Have you checked about this with any LG company person ?

I am getting PMs from most metros with around the price within 5k difference of the prices I mentioned before.

I request those who got best prices, please share the details and take some time answering PMs. Will help someone get the best offer. That's one best use of the forum.

Offers end by 20th which is friday. Please share details before that.

Having used CX for 2 days, I would say get it in place of sony. Far better usability with BT remote, very good looking stand mounts, optimised and fast OS and apps specifically made of OLEDs (projecting black) makes it a worthy buy in place of sony. Generic android 8 looks old and sluggish in comparison.

Dolby vision content in LG also looks more bright and generally rich compared to sony. Need to check what's with the sony settings, looked good till last week.

A8H has better BT remote and android pie so better but is only available in 65" costing 50k more than CX, really not worth it.

I am interested in the extended warranty as well, but the LG festive offers page clearly says 4th and 5th year are AMC and not comprehensive warranty, so panel burn in may not get covered in it. Have you checked about this with any LG company person ?
Iam just talking about 3 year warrenty itself. After 20th, you will get only 1 year warranty.

Having used CX for 2 days, I would say get it in place of sony. Far better usability with BT remote, very good looking stand mounts, optimised and fast OS and apps specifically made of OLEDs (projecting black) makes it a worthy buy in place of sony. Generic android 8 looks old and sluggish in comparison.

Dolby vision content in LG also looks more bright and generally rich compared to sony. Need to check what's with the sony settings, looked good till last week.

A8H has better BT remote and android pie so better but is only available in 65" costing 50k more than CX, really not worth it.
If possible make a detailed comparison thread in future when you have free time.it will be a nice change to get a review from member than from youtube.

I replaced 55C7 with a 65A8H. Look forward to your impressions on LG against the Sony.

The advantages of Sony OLEDs are 1) less reported cases of burn ins 2) According to Vincent(famous YouTube TV reviewer) Sony has the better motion smoothening algo while LG has the better black levels 3) less black crushing than LG 4) Smooth gradation.
By the way since you have both, is Sony oled in factory settings warmer?

I replaced 55C7 with a 65A8H. Look forward to your impressions on LG against the Sony.

Well, I have the 65A8F which is like 3 years old now. So any comparison do not apply to the current A8H.
The A8H is more close to the A9G master series than the A8G. Has the X1 Ultra processor which I would imagine will be far better.
A8G is literally A8F with a name change though and the pricing is same as CX. So the comparison is valid if you are looking for A8G.

Please also note that the LG is very new and I have not settled with the settings (Though very limited tweaking made the picture good enough to stop tweaking and enjoying the content). A8F is perfectly tunes to my dark room viewing preferences.

Add to that I am generally biased against LG. I would not touch any IPS tvs of the LG lineup because of their inherent flaws and also their OLEDs if not significantly cheaper than the competition due to my past bias. LG usually sells tvs based on features and NOT on picture quality and are fit to people looking for maximum features for the price and are ready to compromise on picture. In fact the main reason I got the LG OLED itself was because, it was cheaper with more warranty and for the fact that it will NOT be my main tv. It was selling in the samsung Frame ballpark with bigger warranty and looked good. Also, I had the only other OLED sold in india which is sony, so a bit of variety will help.

Inspite of the above biases, the LG did excellent and looked awesome from the get go. To start with the OS seem purpose built for an OLED tv. The OS and apps projects black and generally have a dark appeal and gets bright only when playing content and when the content demands it. The OS is also much faster and very responsive to the bluetooth remote. (the on screen pointer is a torture though and I generally am not using it). The UI is full of components with adjustable transparency which adds to the appeal. Static content both in OS UI and during paused scenes get over written by a purpose built screen saver projecting black again. Coming out of screen saver is also single click and even the click is consumed. Meaning, you dont have to press play 2 times, one for coming out of screen saver and one for playing, a single press would do. The picture frame app also does a good job to ensure no static content is displayed in the screen for long.

Sony's OS on the other hand is a direct lift from generic android tv 8.0 and is slow to the core in comparison. Adding to that the remote is unergonomic and IR based and needs line of sight. Looks ancient in comparison. The menus are generally gray and lifeless and setting picture is a chore with lot of screen real estate taken by the menu system itself leaving lesser area for the content that needs tuning. The android tv is also not built for OLEDs and on side by side is clear that the static content wastes lof of power and panel life and increases burn in susceptibility (although there is none in 3 years). LG makes you feel safer from burn in issues in case you are the worrying type. In short the OS between LG and Sony is like iPhone ios vs android. One is purpose built for showing the device's strengths and hiding the weaknesses and the other is just generic OS focussed on compatibility with as many devices as possible, not shining on any of the devices as a result. The remote is the fly in the ointment.

Between LG and A8F, the picture quality is in the same ball park. LG has richer overall picture and sony is more natural and lifelike.
I don't see difference in details at all like I read from reviews, rather colour and presentation differences jumps out.
Also LG is sharper in every scene, maybe due to high pixel density due to smaller size but not sure.. Even with 0 sharpness the picture is sharper than the 65A8F. Does not look artificially sharpened though.

Movies look a bit better in sony but I guess there is a setting which can make the tvs look alike if we spend the time. But that would make constant switching of settings based on content which is chore in long run. Better to leave the tvs to their strengths as it gives 2 different comparable pics both watchable.

Sony can go more warm than the warmest LG setting and still look natural. This is the biggest difference. Any tweaked setting in the LG looks cooler than the setting I have on the sony in dark room.
But LG can go cooler than the coolest sony setting but it affects skin tone unnaturally and no one would use that.

DV is definitely better in LG after multiple checks of different content spread over 3-4 days without prejudice. Earlier I have seen gray blocks in dark content sometimes in sony, never saw in LG. Generally more brighter and rich picture in LG with better shadow details. Dolby vision is one area where the difference is totally visible with a darker and generally not comparable picture with the sony. Current sonys could be better or maybe not depends on sony processing.

Our planet in netflix differentiates the tvs better, slightly real and lifelike picture in sony, slightly amped up and rich enjoyable picture in LG.

Motion I feel is better in LG which is surprising, maybe due to various reasons.
Being smaller, viewing distance longer, 3 year worth of processing difference, 120 hz panels etc all might contribute.
But generally sony has better motion. A8H with 120 hz panel is the correct competitor but no 55" released in india.

Colours are better in sony but only if you pause and see the scenes side by side. The sony differentiates small differences in colour changes very well without looking for it specifially. This also adds to realism and natural images. Watching different contents in isolation, one does not feel superior to another though. Sony has an unexplainable preference to colour which they have perfected over the years though.

Main thing is the flawlessness which you see in every frame on both tvs. None of the LEDs I saw have this sort of inherent flawlessness in the picture. With LEDs we need to struggle with the imperfections showing up more in some places vs others. Having every frame showing flawlessness is very good independent of brand. Looks like a good platform for various companies to showcase their picture processing without worrying about overcoming inherent LED problems.

If the decision is between LG and Sony, it is a toss up based on current offers though LG looks better optimised for usability and sony has that last bit of finesse to the picture.
If the decision is between LED and OLED, definitely the OLED. With OLEDs coming down in price the high end LEDs like X9500g will cease to exist imo from next year. But if they exist and costs around the same, definitely the OLED is prefereble.

Well, I have the 65A8F which is like 3 years old now. So any comparison do not apply to the current A8H.
The A8H is more close to the A9G master series than the A8G. Has the X1 Ultra processor which I would imagine will be far better.
A8G is literally A8F with a name change though and the pricing is same as CX. So the comparison is valid if you are looking for A8G.

Please also note that the LG is very new and I have not settled with the settings (Though very limited tweaking made the picture good enough to stop tweaking and enjoying the content). A8F is perfectly tunes to my dark room viewing preferences.

Add to that I am generally biased against LG. I would not touch any IPS tvs of the LG lineup because of their inherent flaws and also their OLEDs if not significantly cheaper than the competition due to my past bias. LG usually sells tvs based on features and NOT on picture quality and are fit to people looking for maximum features for the price and are ready to compromise on picture. In fact the main reason I got the LG OLED itself was because, it was cheaper with more warranty and for the fact that it will NOT be my main tv. It was selling in the samsung Frame ballpark with bigger warranty and looked good. Also, I had the only other OLED sold in india which is sony, so a bit of variety will help.

Inspite of the above biases, the LG did excellent and looked awesome from the get go. To start with the OS seem purpose built for an OLED tv. The OS and apps projects black and generally have a dark appeal and gets bright only when playing content and when the content demands it. The OS is also much faster and very responsive to the bluetooth remote. (the on screen pointer is a torture though and I generally am not using it). The UI is full of components with adjustable transparency which adds to the appeal. Static content both in OS UI and during paused scenes get over written by a purpose built screen saver projecting black again. Coming out of screen saver is also single click and even the click is consumed. Meaning, you dont have to press play 2 times, one for coming out of screen saver and one for playing, a single press would do. The picture frame app also does a good job to ensure no static content is displayed in the screen for long.

Sony's OS on the other hand is a direct lift from generic android tv 8.0 and is slow to the core in comparison. Adding to that the remote is unergonomic and IR based and needs line of sight. Looks ancient in comparison. The menus are generally gray and lifeless and setting picture is a chore with lot of screen real estate taken by the menu system itself leaving lesser area for the content that needs tuning. The android tv is also not built for OLEDs and on side by side is clear that the static content wastes lof of power and panel life and increases burn in susceptibility (although there is none in 3 years). LG makes you feel safer from burn in issues in case you are the worrying type. In short the OS between LG and Sony is like iPhone ios vs android. One is purpose built for showing the device's strengths and hiding the weaknesses and the other is just generic OS focussed on compatibility with as many devices as possible, not shining on any of the devices as a result. The remote is the fly in the ointment.

Between LG and A8F, the picture quality is in the same ball park. LG has richer overall picture and sony is more natural and lifelike.
I don't see difference in details at all like I read from reviews, rather colour and presentation differences jumps out.
Also LG is sharper in every scene, maybe due to high pixel density due to smaller size but not sure.. Even with 0 sharpness the picture is sharper than the 65A8F. Does not look artificially sharpened though.

Movies look a bit better in sony but I guess there is a setting which can make the tvs look alike if we spend the time. But that would make constant switching of settings based on content which is chore in long run. Better to leave the tvs to their strengths as it gives 2 different comparable pics both watchable.

Sony can go more warm than the warmest LG setting and still look natural. This is the biggest difference. Any tweaked setting in the LG looks cooler than the setting I have on the sony in dark room.
But LG can go cooler than the coolest sony setting but it affects skin tone unnaturally and no one would use that.

DV is definitely better in LG after multiple checks of different content spread over 3-4 days without prejudice. Earlier I have seen gray blocks in dark content sometimes in sony, never saw in LG. Generally more brighter and rich picture in LG with better shadow details. Dolby vision is one area where the difference is totally visible with a darker and generally not comparable picture with the sony. Current sonys could be better or maybe not depends on sony processing.

Our planet in netflix differentiates the tvs better, slightly real and lifelike picture in sony, slightly amped up and rich enjoyable picture in LG.

Motion I feel is better in LG which is surprising, maybe due to various reasons.
Being smaller, viewing distance longer, 3 year worth of processing difference, 120 hz panels etc all might contribute.
But generally sony has better motion. A8H with 120 hz panel is the correct competitor but no 55" released in india.

Colours are better in sony but only if you pause and see the scenes side by side. The sony differentiates small differences in colour changes very well without looking for it specifially. This also adds to realism and natural images. Watching different contents in isolation, one does not feel superior to another though. Sony has an unexplainable preference to colour which they have perfected over the years though.

Main thing is the flawlessness which you see in every frame on both tvs. None of the LEDs I saw have this sort of inherent flawlessness in the picture. With LEDs we need to struggle with the imperfections showing up more in some places vs others. Having every frame showing flawlessness is very good independent of brand. Looks like a good platform for various companies to showcase their picture processing without worrying about overcoming inherent LED problems.

If the decision is between LG and Sony, it is a toss up based on current offers though LG looks better optimised for usability and sony has that last bit of finesse to the picture.
If the decision is between LED and OLED, definitely the OLED. With OLEDs coming down in price the high end LEDs like X9500g will cease to exist imo from next year. But if they exist and costs around the same, definitely the OLED is prefereble.
I have the LG CX55 and I have stopped using the Nvidia shield TV Pro 2019 for watching Netflix, the WebOs app on the LG is superbly calibrated and watching DV content on it is such a beautiful experience. Just watching Crown Season 4 on Netflix, it has so many dark scenes in the Queens Palace and DV PQ on LG WebOs looks flawless. I hope LG updates the Hotstar app on the WebOs which still doesn't play DV content on The Mandalorian series.

Looks like burn in is not covered under extended or standard warranty officially. Its only covered for the 1st year.

Attachments

• BurnInTterms.JPG
    BurnInTterms.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 36
It has been about 5 days with Sony 65A8H. Compared to LG 55C7 I noticed that Sony can't get as overall bright in both SDR and HDR. I had LG for almost 2.5 years so light output is something I missed immediately.

In almost all other picture parameters the LG and Sony are equal with Sony being superior for movies.
1 LG appears more colorful but Sony is more saturated in that it can do more shades of colours. Particularly noticeable are dark (night) scenes where Sony has more depth.

2. LG has higher light output but also less shadow detail as it has minor black crush. So it appears more contrast-y. Sony is balanced and, in fact, has more details in both bright and dark areas.

3. Being OLED both have "wow" factor but Sony has more depth and in many scenes. The latest Dora on Prime is a very good example. When Dora gets lost in field of flowers, the depth and colour that scene has is not matched by LG. Blade Runner 2049 has terrific cinematography and the casino hologram fight scene is a treat on the Sony with rich saturated colours.
Both scenes on Sony reminded me of watching in theatre.

4. Dolby Vision on LG is brighter but some scenes could be too bright for comfort. Sony is balanced but dark scenes are hard to watch in a well lit room.

5. Skin tones are better on Sony.

6. LG has little to no flashing in near black areas. Sony flashes (flickers, if you like) and can be irritating. Reducing gamma to -1 resolves to great extent.

I would say LG is absolute value for money and would work well even in decently lit room. Sony has a cinematic quality, has more detail and depth to pictures. Plus motion is great.

Buy either depending on your room conditions. Sony is recommended for cinema purists.

PXL_20201120_161542747-01.jpegPXL_20201120_165647033-01.jpegPXL_20201120_170015200-01.jpeg

Sony 65A8H. Compared to LG 55C7

First image is Gemini Man, second is Dora, what about the third?

Could you post the Gemini Man same scene pic from both the TVs with same camera and lighting settings? We could do this for other TVs as well, and get some benchmark going of how the TVs look. That Gemini Man scene is great display of HDR and black levels.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back