One for all -universal Remote

hi experts,
I am unable to synchronize ONE FOR ALL universal remote (URC 7940) with My following gadgets need your help.
DVD Player Onida DFX 5959,
Satellite Receiver - Videocon D2H,
Home Theater F&D 5.1 F6000.

Regards,
Shailesh

Please try the following options -

You have to search for the codes online and enter them.
You can manually try the inbuilt codes the steps are given in the manual.
Last if nothing works you can use the memory function to learn the basic commands to get it to work.

hi experts,
I am unable to synchronize ONE FOR ALL universal remote (URC 7940) with My following gadgets need your help.
DVD Player Onida DFX 5959,
Satellite Receiver - Videocon D2H,
Home Theater F&D 5.1 F6000.

Regards,
Shailesh

very odd brands - so codes are difficult to get.
Onida used to source DVDs from Desay
DESAY CORPORATION
see if this info helps.

F& D home page
SHENZHEN BAOAN FENDA INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.
Try your luck

Dear Friends,

I have bought a One-for-all 7950 URC, however, am not able to set it up for the following:-

1) Reliance Big TV HD-DVR Settop box
2) Yamaha RX-V465 (partially working though...)

Please help me with the setup codes for the above devices. Apparently Reliance HD-DVR is Hyundai HD-DVR, however, the suggested codes for Hyundai have not helped. Has anyone set it up successfully?

Thanks & Regards http://www.hifivision.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hi Guys,

I've a URC 8305 (Kameleon 5) touchscreen remote and it connects beautifully with my set top box (tata sky), speakers (sony), dvd player (philips). It does not connect to my LCD Tv (Croma 32'' CREL2293) Tv.

I called up the customer care and executive mailed me a link to upgrade the remote which I had just bought 2 days back. They sent me some codes as well but it still didn't work. Have you had any experience with a croma tv and kameleon 5 remote?

Is anyone else using the same remote with Airtel IPTv (set top box but without satellite)? Any ideas or further help would be great!

The Harmony line of remotes from Logitech is obviously the better choice for the Universal Remote. Most of them are programable if you have PC and have a vast database of devices that can be added to remote over the net.. You can customize these remotes in whatever way you want and control multiple devices with sinlge button.. adding activities, macros, sequences are the other features that is supported... In general these line of remotes has everything you want and can be programmed in many many many many ways...

Infact i am using Logitech 720 which i purchased in US and i am really satisfied for the buy. This has a rechargable base and no need of changing battries.. controls upto 15 devices, even it has learn't my AC controls.. The customer support is also very good...

Logitech Harmony WOW!!!!

@ Petes

What is the model number of Logitech Harmony remote you are using ? and could you advise as to which one is going to be the cheapest / VFM Logitech remote and how much it might cost :)

@ Petes

What is the model number of Logitech Harmony remote you are using ? and could you advise as to which one is going to be the cheapest / VFM Logitech remote and how much it might cost :)

Harmony 520 or 525 shld be the cheapest ... 2700/-

Like Kittu said, Harmony 520 & 525 is cheaper and priced around 3K... I am not sure why they have removed these models in their website... i saw it few months back

I am using Harmony 720 which i purchased in US and cost me $90... i don't think you will get this model here.. anyways check this link for the model

Amazon.com: Logitech Harmony 720 Universal Remote: Johnny Mathis: Electronics

I have the following devices (at present) that I want to use with a Universal remote..

-- Toshiba 42" LCD Regza series
-- Sony BDP S370
-- Onkyo S3300 HTiB
-- Tata Sky + HD STB

A media player and game station are on the wish list.. so around 6-8 device control to be future proof ..

I can get a universal remote from US as one of my cousin is visiting India next month and he is insisting me to tell him something that he can bring for me from there..

Which remote will you guys suggest.. should not be very expensive.. but something falling in the middle range ..around 100-150 $ ??

Suggestion guys..

Cheers

Logitech 525 consumes more power & you cannot turn it off like mobile.So get a better one with rechargable & power option if available.

I have the following devices (at present) that I want to use with a Universal remote..

-- Toshiba 42" LCD Regza series
-- Sony BDP S370
-- Onkyo S3300 HTiB
-- Tata Sky + HD STB

A media player and game station are on the wish list.. so around 6-8 device control to be future proof ..

I can get a universal remote from US as one of my cousin is visiting India next month and he is insisting me to tell him something that he can bring for me from there..

Which remote will you guys suggest.. should not be very expensive.. but something falling in the middle range ..around 100-150 $ ??

Suggestion guys..

Cheers

You may go for Harmony 700. I am using it and I think it will come within 120 USD with shipping. It has color screen and runs on ordinary pencil batteries which you can either charge through given adapter or externally if you have a separate charger.

i'm contemplating between Harmony 700 vs. ONE

i looked up and read bout 700 and ONE last night. It seems that the 700 is as good as the ONE and also a lot of people prefer to be able to press the hard button in the dark rather than having to look at the touch screen of the One and having to use the other hand to make taps/selections.

Seems the only con of the 700 is the limit of 6 devices.

guys here's what i need to control.

HT Room

1. Projector
2. AVR
3. DVD Player
4. Air Conditioner

Bed Room

1. TV
2. AVR
3. Tata Sky HD Set-top Box
4. Air Conditioner

As you can see i have only one source in my HT Room. My DVD player is connected to my avr and from avr to projector. So basically when i switch everything ON the mode on the avr is already preset to DVD and the output is already going to the Projector.

So mostly i'll be using the eventual harmony remote to control the volume/menu options on the AVR/Projector/DVD player.

In my Bed-Room same scenario. When i switch all ON it's already set to work so again the eventual harmony remote will only control channels on set-top cable box and volume on the avr.

I want to control the 2 air conditioners in both rooms with the harmony but i guess if i go with the 700 then i'll run out at 6 devices and need to control the Air-conditioners with their own remotes.

If i get ONE then i guess i can control all 8 devices with one remote and be able to add another 7 in future if need be.... though it seems highly unlikely.

My Options.

1. Buy 2 individual 700's for my 2 separate rooms. ( all devices in both rooms are covered including the air conditioners )

2. Buy a single 700 and share it between my 2 rooms and use the air conditioner's own remotes. ( will have to physically carry the remote from one room to another every time )

3. Buy a single ONE and share it between my 2 rooms ( will have to physically carry the remote from one room to another every time )

So guys... which option should i take ?

spirivious,
Harmoy 700 supports 8 devices at a time and not 6. so it should support your present 8 devices at one go. However if you want to expand in future then you will need to buy higher version but i guess it is more costly.

spirivious,
Harmoy 700 supports 8 devices at a time and not 6. so it should support your present 8 devices at one go. However if you want to expand in future then you will need to buy higher version but i guess it is more costly.

Posted with wrong name & wrong member :).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back