One for all -universal Remote

Charging unit?
I dont have that,but now started using rechargeable uniross batteries.

Harmony 525 does not come with charging cradle.
880/885 etc have charging cradle. The remote has a built in (replaceable) lithium ion battery.

So I can understand your need to power it off. :sad:

Hi,
I am new to this forum and this is my very first post. Shall introduce myself shortly in the right section.
Am currently on a vacation in Australia and am getting the Logitech Harmony 525 in an offer for 50AUD which converts to approx 2100 INR.
Checked in this post and found that this model is available in India for around 3k upwards.
Please advise whether it is a good buy at that price.

i have this intertronic remote control....of which i have lost the manual....

i tried to program it with my Tv on auto mode( setup + power button)

my Tv switched off suddenly...but the programmin still contd...but i cud not switch on the tv with that remote..

i retried ...again the tv switched off.....i want to know how to stop the remote from going on further and save the settings...

i tried searching the manual on the net...but no help....

please help me guys if u can

the remote is an intertronic RC PRo

I was looking for a remote that can be used to control my TV (42LH90), HTiB (Sony DHC-AZ5D) & the PS3 slim. I thought Logitech Harmony 525 would serve my purpose. When I checked the compatibility link for this model (525), I see that it will work with my TV & the HTiB, but not with the PS3. While clicking on the information link on the search result page, I see the below details:
The Sony PLAYSTATION3 is not directly compatible with your Harmony Remote. The Logitech Harmony Adapter for PS3 (sold separately) will allow you to control your PS3 with your Harmony Remote, including turning it on and off.

I surely wanted to use the universal remote to control the PS3 (along with my TV & the HTiB) especially while playing discs (CDs/DVDs/BDs) on it.
What is this adapter? How much does it cost?
Has anyone used the Harmony 525 (with the adapter) with PS3?

I was looking for a remote that can be used to control my TV (42LH90), HTiB (Sony DHC-AZ5D) & the PS3 slim. I thought Logitech Harmony 525 would serve my purpose. When I checked the compatibility link for this model (525), I see that it will work with my TV & the HTiB, but not with the PS3. While clicking on the information link on the search result page, I see the below details:
The Sony PLAYSTATION3 is not directly compatible with your Harmony Remote. The Logitech Harmony Adapter for PS3 (sold separately) will allow you to control your PS3 with your Harmony Remote, including turning it on and off.

I surely wanted to use the universal remote to control the PS3 (along with my TV & the HTiB) especially while playing discs (CDs/DVDs/BDs) on it.

Can someone respond to my above queries?

See few commands may not be accepted by 525,but it can read common one.
When a device is not in Logitech list,it asks commands & which with original remote can be learned.

Harmony by default work with Infrared (IR) devices which PS3 unfortunately does not support. However the workaround that most people have employed is to purchase an accessory that provides IR input.

Nyko introduces BluWave PS3 remote, ships PS3 Charge Base -- Joystiq

With this, you can get the harmony to learn to work with the IR receiver for PS3. its very cheap and available on ebay.

I am using the Logitech PS3 Adapter with a Harmony 900 remote and it works like a charm. You just have to add the adapter as an additional device using the Harmony interface.

Dear All,

I have purchased URC 7556 yesterday from Vijay Sales, Thane at Rs. 1995/ and in this regard I would like to thank spirovious and Hemant Waghe for their valuable advise, which helped me a lot while selecting right kind of product according to my needs. I will soon post my feedback in detail.

Can the Logitech Harmony IR Extender System be added to the existing india model 885.

has anyone used the Logitech Harmony IR Extender System, your feedback will be helpful.

Can the Logitech Harmony IR Extender System be added to the existing india model 885.

has anyone used the Logitech Harmony IR Extender System, your feedback will be helpful.

For moment I thought RF extender!
Yeah, it should work with 885, though I have not tried.

Last edited:
Dear All,

I have purchased URC 7556 yesterday from Vijay Sales, Thane at Rs. 1995/ and in this regard I would like to thank spirovious and Hemant Waghe for their valuable advise, which helped me a lot while selecting right kind of product according to my needs. I will soon post my feedback in detail.

Thats good,congrats & my pleasure.

I am using the Logitech PS3 Adapter with a Harmony 900 remote and it works like a charm. You just have to add the adapter as an additional device using the Harmony interface.

Are you based in india? If so where did you buy this adapter ?

Are you based in india? If so where did you buy this adapter ?

Yes I live in Delhi - I purchased the remote and adapter via 20North. It is a little bit expensive, for sure, but quite worth it. My PS3 is Region A and I use it regularly to watch BDs and listen to music, don't need to get up and use the PS3 controller.

If you search on the net, you will find other solutions for using the PS3 with an IR remote as well; the only problem is these solutions use-up one of the USB ports on the console, and in addition, when the console is switched off, the USB port does not have any power and the remote will not be able to power-up the PS3 when in standby mode.

I would highly recommend this if you use the PS3 regularly for non-gaming applications.

Re: One for all - universal Remote - Harmony 650

I got a Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote yesterday through a friend who got it for me from US. I have the below equipments that I want to control with this remote:
1. LCD TV : LG 42LH90
2. Sony HTiB: DHC-AZ5D
3. TataSky STB (regular one, not the TS+)
4. PS3 Slim

I followed the instructions given in the quick-reference guide, installed the harmony software (version 7.7.0) using the USB connector and added the 1st three devices (left the PS3 as I dont have the PS3 adapter) and then started setting up activities. The setup process was nice and the wizard was guiding the whole process smoothly. I faced some issues - like some of the commands from the STB remote (e.g. Guide, Back) were not working in the Harmony (resolved, using the learn command steps), power on-off sequencing not proper for TV & the STB (resolved), Sony HTiB turning on but not selecting the right input (DVD) to start playing (to be resolved) - while setting up the activities.
In general, though it was time-consuming, it was fun going through this setup process. The harmony SW and the user interface are really nice. And the remote itself is a great piece of hardware with a nice little screen and easy-to-use buttons. It doesnt appear all that solid though and in the absence of recharge option may be a little painful if the battery drains out frequently. But overall it is really nice to use this I am (almost) able to replace three remotes with this one and set up activities that perform multiple tasks in a pre-defined sequence. The learn command feature is a gem & so far worked for everything that I tried.

I read through this thread and it helped a lot in selecting the brand/model and setting it up. This post is just to say Thank You to all of you for sharing all the details on harmony remotes. I may have to come back with another post asking for help if I get stuck, but for now I am happy to be trying it out all by myself.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back