One for all -universal Remote

Blasto, did you get the remote for your nad 320, if so pl let me know what model you got. Also, can any universal remote be used to get the nad working with just the code without in learning mode?

Blasto, did you get the remote for your nad 320, if so pl let me know what model you got. Also, can any universal remote be used to get the nad working with just the code without in learning mode?

I have ordered a logitech harmony 520 (similar to 525 in india) from the US through my friend. Did not get it in hand as of now.

I checked the website and it has support for the Nad 320. Did not have a chance to check if it is working yet.

Blasto/Psycho or any other Nad c320users, is there a way to automatically select the last used input source with 320? it is very annoying to have to manually select even the last used source every time.

Blasto/Psycho or any other Nad c320users, is there a way to automatically select the last used input source with 320? it is very annoying to have to manually select even the last used source every time.

Nope!
The workaround is to set the most frequent input to the default (which is DVD I think). But it only helps so much.

For me, the most bothersome is the sound volume more than anything else. :(

Got the logitech 525 for 3.3k. Yet to fully learn how to customize it.
My dvdp has no volume/mute, so have to go back and forth from amp to dvdp for volume/mute and track. Is there any solution to this problem.

Got the logitech 525 for 3.3k. Yet to fully learn how to customize it.
My dvdp has no volume/mute, so have to go back and forth from amp to dvdp for volume/mute and track. Is there any solution to this problem.

Wow Great.. Does the volume work on the C320 Amp? :D

Are you using the 'activities' correctly?
I mean, when you setup the activities correctly, you don't have to move back and forth atall.

Set the "Watch A DVD" activity and assign FF/Rev etc keys to the dvdp and vol/mute keys to the amp. Then when you select this activity, the keys are automatically mapped and no change in device is needed. Good luck.

To do this, When setting up the "Watch A DVD" activity, You have to select the amp as the volume control device (The software asks you this question).
I think you have selected a wrong device at this stage.

Last edited:
Has any of the forum members used the Chinese URC Chunghop model no. RM-L968E ? The local Reliance Digital is selling this.

Guys, quick update, bought Harmony 688 remote at eBay for 33$ (including shipping), was charged 1459 rs on my credit card.

Logitech Harmony 688 Lcd Universal Remote Control - eBay (item 320459922158 end time Jan-07-10 00:22:42 PST)

The remote came today via Registered Post with no customs or anything. It was well packed and I received it without any hazzles. Yet to check on it. Will post a detailed review soon.

The seller sent it via China Mail with tracking facility and his communication was top notch and always replied within 1 hr of me asking him a question.

Guys, I am new member and have not read this entire thread. Logitech Harmony series is indeed very good. I, myself, own Harmony One and this remote is simply superb.

Harmony_One_angled_540x556.jpg

Does the 688 control 5 devices or more? I dont understand the logitech language but I guess activities translate to devices.

Is the layout a hindrance, it looks a tad intimidating? I was debating between this and the 659, but I have a DVR so was tending towards the 688.

I dont understand the logitech language but I guess activities translate to devices.

No. It is not.
An activity controls multiple devices according to how you setup the remote.

Eg: Watch a Movie activity
Power button controls TV + DVD player + receiver in sequence
Vol +/- keys control the amp
FF/Rew keys control the DVD player etc..

Watch DTH activity
Power button controls TV + STB + receiver in sequence
Vol +/- keys control the amp
Channel keys control the STB
Menu key control TV or STB depending on setting etc...

Hope you got the jist.. No need to control the device you want to control.. It is taken care of..

Hi everybody, I was interested in buying Harmony 880/885. It can control about 15 devices but i was worried will it control our Indian devices like Tata Sky, Panasonic music system, DVD Player etc?

Hi everybody, I was interested in buying Harmony 880/885. It can control about 15 devices but i was worried will it control our Indian devices like Tata Sky, Panasonic music system, DVD Player etc?
Normally works with almost everything out of the box. If not, you can always make the remote 'learn' commands.

I use it with all the equipment mentioned in my signature - out of the box .. with no issues.

Let me tell you it can work practically with any remote.
I have also config it with my assembled TV remote to.

You have to use internet & windows opens(after connecting usb to Harmony),
it ask you what you want to config,write model no ,it checks it & if model is not available they asks few Q.
You simply select the options ie.Display,TV,DVD,PC,AVR
then asks to select the key in window,then one by one keys are shown(power,volume ,menu etc)then you have to press the same key on Original remote towards learning port of Harmony.

Simply learns the command & any remote can be config this way.
My TV has local circuit & remote ,which has been configed by me.

You can config 11 devices at a time.

Hey spirovious can you practically guide me how to configure the remore in detail. I mean I can configure it to select the AVR TV and BR to be switched on and thats it, how am I suppose to configure intrinsic details like changing the bass volume etc. Also how I am I suppost to configure multiple combinations like "AVR TV plus BR " OR "AVR , TV plus WD player."
Also I was not able to Configure TataSky +, and my WD TV. Are you using TataSky + with this remote....or WD TV.

I am running around like circles to correctly get this crap work......and in the end I land up picking up the original remote and do the stuff.........I dont know may be its just me but I am not completely satisfied by this product.....or vice versa.... as I might not be doing things right...........any help would be greatly appriciated...

Regards
Sammy

Last edited:
Hey spirovious can you practically guide me how to configure the remore in detail. I mean I can configure it to select the AVR TV and BR to be switched on and thats it, how am I suppose to configure intrinsic details like changing the bass volume etc. Also how I am I suppost to configure multiple combinations like "AVR TV plus BR " OR "AVR , TV plus WD player."
Also I was not able to Configure TataSky +, and my WD TV. Are you using TataSky + with this remote....or WD TV.

I am running around like circles to correctly get this crap work......and in the end I land up picking up the original remote and do the stuff.........I dont know may be its just me but I am not completely satisfied by this product.....or vice versa.... as I might not be doing things right...........any help would be greatly appriciated...

Regards
Sammy

Step 1 - You connect your PC/Laptop to the internet. Connect the remote to the machine through the supplied USB cable. And open the Logitech remote software

Step 2 - Add each of the devices you want to control one by one. I am using WDTV and TataSky (TataSky+ am not sure). Device names are
WDTV = WD TV HD Media Player
TataSky = DSI-3207C

Step 3
Create Activities using the devices you have added.

Step 4
After switching on an Activity the basic controls of 'arrow/navigation' keys, volume, channels, menus should be controllable from the hard keys on the remote. Further adjustments like bass level, should be doable by selecting the relevant device and following the menu options in the remote screen.

There could still be some controls in the original remote that does not show up in the additional device controls in the screen. You can make the remote learn these.

After a long debate over Harmony 885, Harmony 525 and OFA URC7781 i decided for Harmony 525 and today ordered Logitech Harmony 525 for about Rs.3100/- (inclusive shipping and after discount) on ebay. Standard Chartered credit card has one time 20% discount on ebay.in till 28th Feb (ebay users should be registered after 1st Jan 2010). Also there are a couple of Logitech Harmony 885 available for 50% discount in EZone, Koramangala, Bangalore. This will cost around Rs. 8000/- after discount.

Let see how my experience is with 525.

After a long debate over Harmony 885, Harmony 525 and OFA URC7781 i decided for Harmony 525 and today ordered Logitech Harmony 525 for about Rs.3100/- (inclusive shipping and after discount) on ebay. Standard Chartered credit card has one time 20% discount on ebay.in till 28th Feb (ebay users should be registered after 1st Jan 2010). Also there are a couple of Logitech Harmony 885 available for 50% discount in EZone, Koramangala, Bangalore. This will cost around Rs. 8000/- after discount.

Let see how my experience is with 525.

Congrats! Enjoy your remote. It's a wonderful technology.
If you are little creative you can get this remote to do wonders for you:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back