One for all -universal Remote

As i told in some previous thread, gift option will be good if the total price comes in between ~ 7K to 10K

yes, but these are all included price. they charge is some shipping surcharge for gifts. in fact it is more than the custom which pay for w/o gift option.

so why should i opt for w/ gift option if it comes out to be costly.

I ordered Logitech Harmony 688 from ebay.com for around $29. It shipped from Singapore on Nov 3 and I received it yesterday. Since it was free shipping, it came by the cheapest carrier I guess. So, I picked it up from the local p.o. paying the customs duty of around 250 Rs. Overall, ~1650-1700, it was not a bad deal. I am still checking it out. So, don't have any specific feedback yet. My guess is it is very similar to 520/525 remotes.

I ordered Logitech Harmony 688 from ebay.com for around $29. It shipped from Singapore on Nov 3 and I received it yesterday. Since it was free shipping, it came by the cheapest carrier I guess. So, I picked it up from the local p.o. paying the customs duty of around 250 Rs. Overall, ~1650-1700, it was not a bad deal. I am still checking it out. So, don't have any specific feedback yet. My guess is it is very similar to 520/525 remotes.

Thats great.
Can you give the ebay seller name so that I can check out with him?

I guess it is a sealed one?

yes, but these are all included price. they charge is some shipping surcharge for gifts. in fact it is more than the custom which pay for w/o gift option.

so why should i opt for w/ gift option if it comes out to be costly.

I think you didnt get my point, gift option is not good if the cost is less than 7K.

Has anyone programmed Logitech Harmony for Airtel STB? I taught the Harmony 688 with a few buttons from Airtel remote but it does not seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Great find
Wow .. why to waste 3 -5k here :)

Guys,
Hows Harmony 688? A friend of mine is willing to part it for 2k (3 months used). I have no clue about it. Will it control my Nak, NAD etc and is it better than 525?

Guys,
Hows Harmony 688? A friend of mine is willing to part it for 2k (3 months used). I have no clue about it. Will it control my Nak, NAD etc and is it better than 525?

I have been using the 688 for a week now. It can control my Samsung 5 series LCD and Toshiba HD-DVD player fine. However, I am not able to make it control the Airtel STB with this. Shuvc seems to be able to control Airtel box with his 5xx remote.
Can't compare it with 525 as I have not seen the 525. The buttons are fine but a little 'rubbery'. The button size is ok. If you give the model number of your Nak and NAD I can check if it is avbl in the harmony software.
I like the way it can be programmed. But that should be the same for 525 too.
The first set of batteries I used ran out in 3-4 days. I did a lot of programming (for Airtel STB including the learning mode) during these 3-4 days and I used the cheap everedy batteries. I am trying the duracels now. I have to see how long these last.
For ~1700, I am happy with it.

I have been using the 688 for a week now. It can control my Samsung 5 series LCD and Toshiba HD-DVD player fine. However, I am not able to make it control the Airtel STB with this. Shuvc seems to be able to control Airtel box with his 5xx remote.
Can't compare it with 525 as I have not seen the 525. The buttons are fine but a little 'rubbery'. The button size is ok. If you give the model number of your Nak and NAD I can check if it is avbl in the harmony software.
I like the way it can be programmed. But that should be the same for 525 too.
The first set of batteries I used ran out in 3-4 days. I did a lot of programming (for Airtel STB including the learning mode) during these 3-4 days and I used the cheap everedy batteries. I am trying the duracels now. I have to see how long these last.
For ~1700, I am happy with it.

Thanks a lot of Raj. I have a Nak CR-2 and NAD C350, WD TV. Is it only 1700rs in India. hm that means 525 is a better remote?

I am able to create a device for both CR-2 and NAD C350 in the remote. I don't have any way of verifying if it will work as I don't have these equipment. But, my guess is it would as the harmony utility finds these components in its database. The remote also has the learning capability so that you can align the remotes and make Harmony learn from the original remotes.

I bought 688 on ebay.com and got it shipped from China/Singapore. In this thread, I posted the details a few days ago.

Was the airtel remote present in the database or you "taught" the remote?

If the database has it, I assume the software is same for 688 & 525 and you should not have a problem?

Or is the remote not learning the commands properly? Did you try to teach it any commands of the working devices?

Thanks,

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back