One for all -universal Remote

What is the model number of your Sony LCD ? Did u get it from India ? Also do all Sony LCD sold here have this capability to accept HD content over components ?

Sony LCD KLV-32V300A (See signature :))

I bought this in Jan 2008 in Mumbai from Sony India. .
So I guess at least all models after that should be able to accept.

Just look for these specs:

Video Signal
480i, 576i, 480p, 576p, 1080i, 720p, 1080p

I got my harmony 880 last week. Spent at least 2 days setting it up! It accepted all 8 of my devices very smoothly, and it works quite well! It's quite a powerful tool and you can configure it perfectly to suit your requirements. I have tested range up to 25 (No place to go any further) feet & it works fine.

The only problem I have faced is that it does not change my TV (Sony KLV-32V300A) to any HDMI input thru direct "command mode". Though it changes to other inputs like Video1,2, HD/DVD1,2 etc, even though the original remote does not offer this direct input function. (It provides cycle mode, where one need to keep pressing the input button to cycle through the input choices & select). Later I read in a few forums that a quite a few users face the same problem. No solution seems to be available as yet!

So right now for viewing any activity (Watch DVD, Watch HD Video etc.) which requires HDMI input, I need to press an additional "inputnext" button, to change to HDMI input thru the usual "cycle mode".

Right now I would give it 8/10. And if HDMI input issue is solved then 10/10.

Could anyone solve the "Not Auto Switching to HDMI" prob with the new 7.6.0 software ? It was posted on 24th June , I think on the website. I am seriously thinking of getting myself a Logitech 525 now !

Also many people complain that the rubber buttons have to be pressed really hard . For Ex the "Guide" button on the remote but again that was a 1 year old old review ( Link : http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/techreviews/?p=203) and the problem may have been rectified in the new batch of remotes. Can any current user confirm this ?

Last edited:
525 is good ,but delicate for use.It can add any device to its list & easy to use.Only config is timetaking, afterwords better.

The title of the thread reads "one for all - universal remote" why then are LCD TVs being discussed here?

He He, this thread did go offtopic for a while but I think we are back on topic now.

I believe u also have a Logitech Harmony Remote. How is it working ? Do you find it to be delicate as mentioned by spirovious ?

He He, this thread did go offtopic for a while but I think we are back on topic now.

I believe u also have a Logitech Harmony Remote. How is it working ? Do you find it to be delicate as mentioned by spirovious ?

My 659 has been one of the most sturdy durable and easy to use remote over other models I have had before that. I like it so much taht I bought one for my bedroom and another one for my brother as a gift.

One is cracked up and still works like a charm. The buttons are one of the best in terms of build (rubber) layout and size. It need only a slight touch.
V V happy with it.

Tried the 880 and harmony one before the last purchase. That shoudl tell you something.

My 659 has been one of the most sturdy durable and easy to use remote over other models I have had before that. I like it so much taht I bought one for my bedroom and another one for my brother as a gift.

One is cracked up and still works like a charm. The buttons are one of the best in terms of build (rubber) layout and size. It need only a slight touch.
V V happy with it.

Tried the 880 and harmony one before the last purchase. That shoudl tell you something.

Hmmm I dont think this model is available any more :( . What is your opinion about the Logitech 525 ?

Hmmm I dont think this model is available any more :( . What is your opinion about the Logitech 525 ?

Never Mind . I got myself a Logitech 525 and its working beautifully. Spent the whole Saturday customizing it . Also the best part is that the 525 controls 15 devices and not 10 devices as advertised in the Logitech India Site. Wow , now that is what I call a Diwali Bonus :licklips: !

Need to do some more customization as I am turning greedy (read Lazy) and also see to what extent I can push this remote.

So you may know that this remote needs softhand use.Otherwise its good.

I am extra careful with this remote cause my wife was not very pleased when she found out that I paid 3600 bucks for a remote. Ah well you win some, lose some :eek:hyeah: !

I think by softhands you are referring to the toughness of the remote in case of drops etc . Well I really dont want to try that out even though this remote has a 2 year warranty but yeah the remote with a screen and all looks a bit delicate so as to say. I guess only time will tell.

I have "List Mode" for both video and music in WD TV.Still browsing through files seems a tad slower with the logitech remote as compared to the WD TV Dedicated Remote. I think there must be a way to fix this problem. Have you ever felt this while browsing through WD TV content ?

I bought a Logitech 525 this weekend for Rs.3500/-.

However, I am having a problem getting it to communicate with my computer. I installed the software and even connected to the Logitech site to update the software. But when I connect the remote to the USB port, I get a screen saying "Communicating with Remote" and a progress bar. The Remote reads "USB connected", but there is no progress even after an hour.

I have disabled my firewall and anti-virus and am also able to connect to other sites from my computer. I tried the same with my laptop also but same problem. Anyone else faced this error?

I bought a Logitech 525 this weekend for Rs.3500/-.

I get a screen saying "Communicating with Remote" and a progress bar. The Remote reads "USB connected", but there is no progress even after an hour.
?

Then you have to communicate with remote from SW.
You need to select add Device OR activities & then configure.

Dear folks
Need the remote for controlling nad c320bee(just volume should be enough) and creative xfi SB sound card. Any idea if these universal remotes can be used?

I need a remote to control the volume of my NAD C20 (Not BEE).
I do not have a working remote right now.

Is there a way I can get it done with ANY universal remote?

Only two ways to program a universal remote. Firstly, get the device remote code and enter the same in the universal remote so this method will work if you have/can get the remote code for your NAD amp. Second option, you will need the remote for the device and then by pairing both the device remote and the universal remote (the universal remote should have a learning mode) you can teach the universal remote the functions of the device's remote.

Not sure about the infrared USB dongle though.

Does anyone have this "remote code" for the NAD C320 AMP?
Is it same as NAD C320BEE?

Thanks,

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back