One for all -universal Remote

I m using it for Onk AVR & working perfect.Harm525 is learning one,so you can config as you want.

How has your experience been with the Harmony 525 ? I read it in one of the sites that you can even control airconditioners with it ?

How has your experience been with the Harmony 525 ? I read it in one of the sites that you can even control airconditioners with it ?

Most harmony remotes have core functionality that is common. From the cheapest to the most expensive these have not changed over time. odd features up and down through the releases.

Harmony can do lots of things including managing lighting in HT, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners etc. But these need support for IR as well at their end

Most harmony remotes have core functionality that is common. From the cheapest to the most expensive these have not changed over time. odd features up and down through the releases.

Harmony can do lots of things including managing lighting in HT, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners etc. But these need support for IR as well at their end

Oh thats nice. How effective is the range ?

I got my harmony 880 last week. Spent at least 2 days setting it up! It accepted all 8 of my devices very smoothly, and it works quite well! It's quite a powerful tool and you can configure it perfectly to suit your requirements. I have tested range up to 25 (No place to go any further) feet & it works fine.

The only problem I have faced is that it does not change my TV (Sony KLV-32V300A) to any HDMI input thru direct "command mode". Though it changes to other inputs like Video1,2, HD/DVD1,2 etc, even though the original remote does not offer this direct input function. (It provides cycle mode, where one need to keep pressing the input button to cycle through the input choices & select). Later I read in a few forums that a quite a few users face the same problem. No solution seems to be available as yet!

So right now for viewing any activity (Watch DVD, Watch HD Video etc.) which requires HDMI input, I need to press an additional "inputnext" button, to change to HDMI input thru the usual "cycle mode".

Right now I would give it 8/10. And if HDMI input issue is solved then 10/10.

I got my harmony 880 last week. Spent at least 2 days setting it up! It accepted all 8 of my devices very smoothly, and it works quite well! It's quite a powerful tool and you can configure it perfectly to suit your requirements. I have tested range up to 25 (No place to go any further) feet & it works fine.

The only problem I have faced is that it does not change my TV (Sony KLV-32V300A) to any HDMI input thru direct "command mode". Though it changes to other inputs like Video1,2, HD/DVD1,2 etc, even though the original remote does not offer this direct input function. (It provides cycle mode, where one need to keep pressing the input button to cycle through the input choices & select). Later I read in a few forums that a quite a few users face the same problem. No solution seems to be available as yet!

So right now for viewing any activity (Watch DVD, Watch HD Video etc.) which requires HDMI input, I need to press an additional "inputnext" button, to change to HDMI input thru the usual "cycle mode".

Right now I would give it 8/10. And if HDMI input issue is solved then 10/10.

Cost of the 880 ?

Also does the 525 have the same problem you mentioned ?

880 is a US model equivalent to 885 in India. I bought it from Amazon @ 5.5K and my friend from US got it for me.

Today I came across a topic (Feb 2009) which mentions that 885 is available at 6K at Reliance digital. Sounds hard to believe because the best offer price I had heard previously was @ Croma @ 12K. the MRP is about 16.5K

525 will also have the same problem as they have the same software/ database.

Sorry illusion for delayed response as my net had problem for 4days,
I saw just now.

Harmony as being learning can practically config any remote(infrared)whether it is AV or AC.

It has a online setup & config ,so if device is not listed in logitechs list,you can send information online during setup & ans Q asked online.So you can config any device by mannually sending commands to 525 via learning port.

So there is not any problem setting Sony TV too,if so we can change command mannually with extra 4 buttons supplied on remote.

I config local TV remote too.

So not to worry.....:yahoo:

So there is not any problem setting Sony TV too,if so we can change command mannually with extra 4 buttons supplied on remote.

I config local TV remote too.

So not to worry.....:yahoo:

The Sony TV problem is only limited to HDMI input handling, and that too only for LCD panels (I assume) as per my experience & reviews that I have read. It is not possible to overcome this issue by assigning any extra buttons, as these original remotes itself does not have the direct input facility available. (If you are familiar with these TVs, you maybe aware that one has to cycle through inputnext or menu>external inputs options.

The only problem I have faced is that it does not change my TV (Sony KLV-32V300A) to any HDMI input thru direct "command mode".

Since you have a 32 Sony, I assume that the resolution is 720 p. If so, why not just connect component cables between the TV and the DVD player? The 880 can switch to HD/DVD1 as usual. I know this is not a solution to the HDMI problem but a workaround for your case, since you need 720p resolution, which component carries.

Since you have a 32 Sony, I assume that the resolution is 720 p. If so, why not just connect component cables between the TV and the DVD player? The 880 can switch to HD/DVD1 as usual. I know this is not a solution to the HDMI problem but a workaround for your case, since you need 720p resolution, which component carries.

Components can carry 720p but the LCD's are designed to accept HD ready/Full HD signals(720p/1080p) only via HDMI.

The Sony TV problem is only limited to HDMI input handling, and that too only for LCD panels (I assume) as per my experience & reviews that I have read. It is not possible to overcome this issue by assigning any extra buttons, as these original remotes itself does not have the direct input facility available. (If you are familiar with these TVs, you maybe aware that one has to cycle through inputnext or menu>external inputs options.

I m not using SONY LCD though ,I have config some buttons of AVR which are not direct.ie,I config setup buttons & arrow buttons which does rest of the job.I m not sure if same can be done with Sony?

Components can carry 720p but the LCD's are designed to accept HD ready/Full HD signals(720p/1080p) only via HDMI.

Illusion,
The links below seem to suggest otherwise:
HD Tv's V's HD Ready LCD TV's ....Are we getting the full story ? - boards.ie
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...305-hd-players-via-component-cable-worth.html

I think that as long as the source player decodes the signal correctly, the LCD TV should have no problem playing it, whether on component or HDMI. Of course, I am open to being corrected, since I have not tried HD content with the Sony, only DVD material upscaled.

-Jinx.

Illusion,
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf...305-hd-players-via-component-cable-worth.html

I think that as long as the source player decodes the signal correctly, the LCD TV should have no problem playing it, whether on component or HDMI. Of course, I am open to being corrected, since I have not tried HD content with the Sony, only DVD material upscaled.

-Jinx.

There is no question of correcting you here cause you are 100% correct. But how many dvd players/ source players do we have that can upscale via components in India/World? None/maybe I believe. So the real reason for not using components as video upscaling was due to the fact that the TV Assosciation wanted to push HDMI as the new standard for digital technology. Again components are 100% capable of supporting 720p . There was a huge discussion on this in AVForums which is the source for my knowledge.

Illusion,

Thanks. I understand your point now.
I've found two DVD players that upscale via component:

Gizmodo - Helios H4000 DVD Player Upscales Your DVDs to 1080p - h4000

The Oppo 980H also does it, I believe but only with non-copy protected DVDs.

This has to do with the HDCP protection issues that allow HD only over HDMI (as you mentioned). The same problem occurs with DVD-A not being sent over coax/optical for surround sound. Only HDMI or onboard decoding wil work for these.

-Jinx.

This is good thinking. I could at least use it for my NMT media player. But first I I will need to connect both DVD & media player through component check the difference with HDMI. Also, my Pioneer DVD upscales only through HDMI.

I m not using SONY LCD though ,I have config some buttons of AVR which are not direct.ie,I config setup buttons & arrow buttons which does rest of the job.I m not sure if same can be done with Sony?

You mean with the sequence option? But that is max 5 steps. If I need to go through menu>external settings then I have to cycle through many inputs, so at least 7-8 steps.

As a workaround, for activities, at the moment I am setting the nearest input @ HD/DVD1 and then press "inputnext' to select HDM1.

You mean with the sequence option? But that is max 5 steps. If I need to go through menu>external settings then I have to cycle through many inputs, so at least 7-8 steps.

As a workaround, for activities, at the moment I am setting the nearest input @ HD/DVD1 and then press "inputnext' to select HDM1.

Yes,if original remote doesnt have direct button,then cant get direct on 525.

HI All
Just bought the one for all URC 7950 remote for Rs 1350 on ebay after a 10% rebate with free shipping.

I have configured my Samsung Q9, LG dv 388 & DM500s and all 3 are working fine with the remote.

Not able to get my Denon 1507 & Yamaha Rxv 393 to work with the same.

I have tried with multiple codes but not working.

I don't want to use the learning method or search method.

If anyone has configured their AVR or are aware of the code , inputs are welcome .

Illusion,

-Jinx.

I used to connect my FHD NMT Elektron media player to Sony LCD (720p) via HDMI. Recently I tested it with MX component cable (Rs. 450) and found PQ better by 20% than the supplied OEM HDMI cable. So now I use component.

My FHD NMT player can support output via component up to 1080p 50/60 HZ and my Sony LCD can accept up to 1080p @ 50HZ through component.

I used to connect my FHD NMT Elektron media player to Sony LCD (720p) via HDMI. Recently I tested it with MX component cable (Rs. 450) and found PQ better by 20% than the supplied OEM HDMI cable. So now I use component.

My FHD NMT player can support output via component up to 1080p 50/60 HZ and my Sony LCD can accept up to 1080p @ 50HZ through component.

What is the model number of your Sony LCD ? Did u get it from India ? Also do all Sony LCD sold here have this capability to accept HD content over components ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back