One for all -universal Remote

I think its same OR try config from original remote in learning way.

Dont have the original remote to teach the universal remote but verified from oneforall.com that c320/c320BEE is supported in remotes that support 5+ devices (one being AMP).

Code for C320/C320BEE is 0320.

What is the cheapest universal remote with a backlight and has support for controlling a NAD AMP?

Hi Blasto, me also want to know.If there is no cheap remote, we may have to go for logitech harmony which supports nad 320 + a host of other devices.

is there any device that is 'really' universal, that means it can learn from another device's remote.. or something like that

Hi....an OT post from me..plzz do not spank me with words...could not find a proper thread...I use a US bought Harmony 520...I have 2 problems with it..

1) It does not switch TV input from Video 2 to HDMI 3 when I go for "Watch a DVD" & "Play a Game" activities.Have to do it manually by going to devices section. The TV in question is klv32s400a sony bravia.

2) I can live with the above problem, this is worse, it drains my lacrosse technology AAA 1.2V cells too fast. I have to recharge them after a day or two.

Any Harmony 520 owners came across these problems?

Thanks,
Naren

P.S. Admin, I can start another thread if this is improper.

Hi Blasto, me also want to know.If there is no cheap remote, we may have to go for logitech harmony which supports nad 320 + a host of other devices.

The cheapest remote that supports NAD amp I came accross till now is URC 7950 for 1100. It supports 5 devices but it does not have backlight.

eBay India: Universal Remote One for All URC 7950 Comfort Line 5 (item 160377914228 end time 20-Nov-2009 18:13:37 IST)

The cheapest one with a backlight is URC 7780. It supports 15 devices and is close to 2500. (More than double of the above)

eBay India: Universal Remote One for All URC 7950 Comfort Line 5 (item 160377914228 end time 20-Nov-2009 18:13:37 IST)

The starting range of logitech harmony is 3500.

Is anyone aware of any remote controls which can interact with media players in PC?

Is it possible using USB/Blue tooth?

I find it annoying without a remote when I run movies through my laptop. :(

Is anyone aware of any remote controls which can interact with media players in PC?

Is it possible using USB/Blue tooth?

I find it annoying without a remote when I run movies through my laptop. :(

What version OS do you have in your PC?
The Windows Media Center has full support for remote and works well for audio/video playback on PC.

Vista Home Premium and higher editions (and also Win 7) have Media center by default.
For XP, I beleive you need to get the Media Center separately which is not part of the XP Home or XP Pro editions.

I just purchased a Media Center Remote + USB receiver for my PC running Win 7 RC - got it from US for about 25USD and would highly recommend it for your need.

I have only used it with the Media Center so dont know it it will also work with other software that I use like Power DVD etc.

What version OS do you have in your PC?
The Windows Media Center has full support for remote and works well for audio/video playback on PC.

Vista Home Premium and higher editions (and also Win 7) have Media center by default.
For XP, I beleive you need to get the Media Center separately which is not part of the XP Home or XP Pro editions.

I just purchased a Media Center Remote + USB receiver for my PC running Win 7 RC - got it from US for about 25USD and would highly recommend it for your need.

I have only used it with the Media Center so dont know it it will also work with other software that I use like Power DVD etc.

Are you talking about eBay India: USB PC Remote Controller for Media Center XP Control (item 260500968189 end time 03-Dec-2009 16:14:38 IST)

Iam planning to get one of it soon.

Last edited:
Do anyone here own a philips universal remote?

I saw some shocking prices on 20north.
Shop in the US from India @ 20North - philips+prestigo : Blended

The reviews have been overall bad compared to harmony. But, for the price vs features, I really can't complain?

Anybody recommend these?

SRU8015 has,

1) Backlit Keys
2) 2" LCD display
3) Supports 15 devices
4) Looks good

Cost ~2500/- :eek:

Review : Philips Prestigo SRU 8015 Review - Home Cinema Reviews - TrustedReviews

Its the price w/ gift option. For this you need to have a paypal account and another 600/- will be charged extra. Also ask them to reduce the shipping cost since it weighs only 1 pound (281/- per pound)

Also read through the user reviews in amazon.

Last edited:
Its the price w/ gift option. For this you need to have a paypal account and another 600/- will be charged extra. Also ask them to reduce the shipping cost since it weighs only 1 pound (281/- per pound)

seems to be a good option for medium setups.

why the 600 extra ? it is for paypal account ?

Where can I get the Logitech Harmony 525 in hyderabad?
What is the least price with which I can acquire one?

Can someone from hyderabad comment?
Is it available at CTC?

I got my Harmony One from 20 North in 10.5K including shipping and no custom duty. The same is available on Ebay India at 17K plus. So far Im quite happy with it, though not sure if apending 6-7K over the 525 for the colur touch screen is worth it or not!

It got delivered in 8 days flat after I placed the order which was actually a surprize considering the stories I have read for many other customers. Maybe I was lucky or 20 North has been able to sort out its issues with the customs.

I got my Harmony One from 20 North in 10.5K including shipping and no custom duty. The same is available on Ebay India at 17K plus. So far Im quite happy with it, though not sure if apending 6-7K over the 525 for the colur touch screen is worth it or not!

It got delivered in 8 days flat after I placed the order which was actually a surprize considering the stories I have read for many other customers. Maybe I was lucky or 20 North has been able to sort out its issues with the customs.

Checked 20north and 525 is out of stock.
Instead they have 520 for 2.2k + shipping.

The pricing looks good.

A picture comparison of 520 and 525 revealed that there is no last row of keys (4 nos) in the 520.
Can any owner of the 525 comment on what are these keys used for? What functionality I miss if I go for the 520?

I assume programming capability will be same for both as it is done online. Wrong?

w/gift it costs ~3.6k and w/o gift, ~3.1k in 20north, all included.

isn't it a good buy for 3.1k ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back