Online Radio - What's your favourite Station?

Murlidher

Hi All,

I do not see any active Online radio discussions and hence this thread. There was days when I used to think that I would hardly listen to online music. Surprisingly, I am now huge fan of online radio's that I listen daily through my Marantz AVR. Below are the stations that I have saved and the bold one's are my most often played one's.

1. 1.fm Bombay Beats India (Hindi)

2. Bollywood Hindi Hits (Hindi) - Good old songs played most of the time

3. Radio City - Smaran (Hindi - Bhajans) -

4. Isaiyaruvi - Tamil - This is the best in recent times, Some of the classic songs are played in morning / late evening hours. Superb audio quality as well.

5. Lankasri FM - Tamil - This has good quality, but off late this channels doesn't play at all, or gets skipped soon.

6. EBC Tamil - Tamil - Another classic songs. The quality is little less compared to the Isaiyaruvi.

7. 1.fm Magic 80s - English - Just added, not given a long listening time

8. 80's / 90's - Hit Connection Radio - English - Just added, not given a long listening time

9. IBC Tamil - Tamil - Played during random

10. iYaliSai Tamil Radio - Tamil - Played during random

11. Radio Khushi Hindi - India - Do not remember playing this a lot

12. Radio City - Malayalam - Added just recently, as I love some of the recent malayalam songs. Could not find any other channels online.

I use radiomarantz.com to search and store stations and then play on my AVR.

Friends, I am looking forward to know your favourite online radio stations and why you like them.

Regards
V.S. Murlidher.

Check out mine, .... :D :D . It has a request feature as well... :)

sam9sradio ......

My fav are .....

1. Radio Teentaal
2. Hindi Desi Bollywood Evergreen Hits
3. Hungama-Bollywood-Hits
4. Sada Bahar Music Radio
5. Hungama

I have saved all in my Squeeze Box Touch, including mine ... :D

Thanks Sam. I have noted your listed stations and when I tried to search through radiomarantz.com, apart from 1 & 2, I do not get the rest including sam9. Is there any way I can add these radio stations through my AVR ? I do not want to connect any other external source to AVR to listen as of now!

Hindi

Radiocity Fun ka Antena - good collection of old & new songs.

Must FM - Karachi - Old/new hindi, Pak Indie tracks

Radio City Ghazals - good collection of Ghazals

Instrumental

Cinemix - amazing instrumentals, Jazz, Classical and sometimes Movie BG scores also

Malayalam

Hungama Malayalam - good collection of new & old songs

Online Malayalam Radio (OMR) - a mix of hindi, tamil & Malayalam popular tracks

Hits 96.7 Dubai - may or may not work in AVR/ Receivers . they have the latest songs. But you will have the bear with the RJ blabbering

Also Try Soma FM, they have a good collection of stations.

Hope this helps

Thanks Sam. I have noted your listed stations and when I tried to search through radiomarantz.com, apart from 1 & 2, I do not get the rest including sam9. Is there any way I can add these radio stations through my AVR ? I do not want to connect any other external source to AVR to listen as of now!

To add a station manually, You need the stream url, most radio station do not provide the stream url, instead provide the playlist url download in M3U or PLS format. You just need to open the playlist in corresponding player like winamp or VLC and the stream starts playing.

Like for my radio station the stream url is ....

http://sam9s.no-ip.org:8000/stream.mp3

If your marantz provides a way to add the station manually you can provide this stream url and it will start playing.

Few of the stream url are provided here ..

https://abhitak.wordpress.com/2010/10/22/indian-radio-online-urls/

Also try this radio site its an amalgamation of loads of indian radio stations...

http://www.liveonlineradio.net/

Mine is also listed there if you will search for...

Last edited:
Don't listen much to online radio but when I do, I go to Live365 stations (mostly Progulus, Koolkat's Odd Sky and 70s Progressive Rock). Got the app on my SBT.

Will check out Sam's station now :) Any way I could get these stations to play via foobar2k?

From v tuner built for marantz though has many channels, doesn't show some of the channels listed here. I will try evening if it shows or allows adding the above channels manually. If not, I guess I need to take help of vlc or media player support to play via laptop, though I personally prefer to play stand alone for online radio

Will check out Sam's station now :) Any way I could get these stations to play via foobar2k?

Yes, open foobar go to File=>Add Location and add the radio stream url, like mine is http://sam9s.no-ip.org:8000/stream.mp3 click ok. The stream will be added to your playlist window. Just select it and click play ... and you should hear the song playing ... :) (You wont be able to request though this way .. :) )

Last edited:
I don't have dedicated device or networked avr,but I do use tune in pro on my Smart TV and S4..good collection of stations from around the world

There is a bunch of stations i used to listen to on itunes. After apple music, if I fire up itunes I have only that "for you" button in sight.

thanks for the tips on Isaiyaruvi, sams radio station. did not know of these, will listen when back home

ciao
gr

I listen to music through my sb-duet almost everyday.

Some of my fav stations are

TSF JAZZ PARIS- Lots of good jazz. mix of traditional and contemporary jazz both vocal and instumental.

Vocal Radio on Jazzradio- Mostly older vocal jazz

Bar rockin blues-Addictedtoradio.com- Nice selection of electric blues.

4U 70s- Classic rock. Usually plays the more popular music from the 70s.

NPR ALL Music- This is not genre specific, its a bit like the " I am feeling lucky" thing on google. Nice way to explore new music.

Shahdja Madhyam- For hindustani classical concerts.

On my Squeezebox Touch, the below are marked as favorites:

Calm Radio - Solo Guitar
Boomer Radio Cruisin' Oldies
Love Radio USA - 60 years of love songs
SKY.FM Love Music

My Favorite Tamil Radio Sation.

1. 8K Radio Tamil
2. Others Tamil stations like Hungama

I like 8K Radio Tamil as its free, its very personalized. others too I'll listen.

Radio Schizoid (Psytrance, Goa and Chill ambient)

Rdio (for discovering new music based on artist and genre )

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back