Optoma HD66 vs HD700X

I have an Optoma HD66 and I think that it is truly and amazing projector.

The picture is so sharp and clear, and it is so bright that one can use it as a computer monitor. You can't imagine what I a m talking about till you actually see it.

If you can establish contact with me, somehow, you could do you experimentation on it before buying it actually. Of course the experimentation would also increase my knowledge level about my own machine.

I am, at present trying to get it to be used as a 3D projector.

Believe me, you won't be unimpressed by the Optoma HD66.

Just let put up a post when the machine arrives. The installation is extremely simple.
However, if you have any doubts you can put up a post or send a message to me.

Believe me, you won't be unimpressed by the Optoma HD66.

Just let put up a post when the machine arrives. The installation is extremely simple.
However, if you have any doubts you can put up a post or send a message to me.

Sridhar, sure I will. I am dying to get the machine. I need to order a GrandView 16:9 92 inch CNV Series screen here in Vizag. Got a quote for Rs. 6,000 manual pulldown with insta lock. Hoping this is a good price. For the same series and size screen, the motirized version is Rs. 20,000

Also, I have a Pioneer DV310 DVD Player and I am planning to buy a network media player very soon. For now, I need to be able to connect my Optoma HD66 to my DVD Player.
The Pioneer DV 310 does not have an HDMI out but has a Component Video Output (YPbPr) apart from the Composite Video Out and S-Video. I understand that the Component is the best option I could use to connect this DVD player to my Optoma HD66.
Are these my right choices for connections?
1. A 10 meter HDMI cable
2. A 10 meter VGA to 3 RCA Component Cables
Looked at these and I am not sure if this will work.
25 Feet Cable
For only $5.61 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 25FT VGA to 3 RCA component video cable (HD15 - 3-RCA) | VGA to 3 RCA Component Cables

50 Feet Cable
For only $9.82 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 50FT VGA to 3 RCA component video cable (HD15 - 3-RCA) | VGA to 3 RCA Component Cables

Need suggestions on the best place to buy the HDMI and the Component cables.

When the Optoma HD66 actually arrives, it would be a good idea to experiment on its 3D capabilities.

If someone can get the HD66 to work on 3D, then it would be a whole new ball-game.

read the article below;
By O. Roachford "Roachy"
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Optoma HD66 3D Projector, Great for Wii, PlayStation, and Xbox (Electronics)
Thanks to Amazon I was able to get my hands on this little baby. Delivery was prompt. I owned the Optoma Ezpro 735 which delivered a pretty good picture and was faithful up until the lamp needed changing. Still have 30hours of juice left in it though!So having owned an Optoma projector and being please with the performance I decided to invest in another one after discovering that the cost of the replacement lamp module was about half the cost of a new projector!!! On looking at the Optoma models I discovered that they actually had a 3D model. I was excited!!

Even more exciting was that Samsung had just brought out the Samsung BCP 6900 3D blu Ray player and ....get this the 3D glasses. I was sold on the optoma. I ordered everthing down to of course the 3D bluray movies.

The Optoma HD66, didn't let me down. This thing is amazing! I read reviews about how you had to adjust the image settings for a good picture. NOT ME. this thing gave a fantastic picture striaght out of the box with factory settings. 10 out 10.. it's that good. Can't think it could be better and if it is who cares. This thing is showing like plasma. I'm projecting it onto a 100" diagonal widescreen. Brightness is amazing. It was so bright that I had to set it to standard. You don't even need "bright" setting for 3D. Even in the day the 2500 lumens shined!! This thing left my mouth wide open, Then my eyes when I stared at a 3D movie.

3D doesn't come on automatically. You actually have to select 3D. Guys and Gals images were literally coming off the screen 6 inches from your face!! It was that good. In the movie "My Valentine" there is a scene when the naked woman ( yeah guys fully nude in 3D) throws a gun at her lover. The gun actually comes out the screen right into your face...I literally ducked. lol.

Then there's this totally amazing clip where a gun is fired the bullet comes to you in slow motion ( YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELEIVE IT!!), stops right at your nose..it's like you can touch it..then it suddenly turns, heads back to the screen and hits the bad guy!! The movie in itself is no AVATAR but some moments of 3D that I described are worth it!

The Optoma HD66 truly delivers. You wont regret buying it. SStart up and shut down are fast. The only thing that you must be aware of is that the image drops sometimes when using a long HDMI cable. Not the fault of the Optoma but in a second or two the Optoma HD66 has the image back on screen. This by the way doesn't happen often. The frequency for me so far has been about 2 per movie.

The Optoma Images are incredible with 2D movies. I LOVE IT!!

Just bought some more 3D movies (m final destination 4 in 3D, Haunted House, Polar express 3D and Friday the 13th part 3). Hope to see more!! Oh guys, "National Geograhpics: Sea Monsters 3D" IS A MUST HAVE!!

I have read that <50ft should be good for HDMI cables. Oops!!! I thought you would have gone with HD67...... I was just on the edge of deciding between HD66 and HD700X. I wish I could have gone for that too!!!!

CNET Quick Guide: HDMI and HDMI cables: More advanced details - CNET Reviews

@kalyanvizag
i choosed HD700x Because it is only 28K and optoma HD66 is 44K

Prices without discount

when i though HD20 is available for 65K then 44K for HD66 is high
The point from me is We should have the gain what we pay for and i thought if i choose Optoma HD66 then i am overpaying it

Optoma hd700x is only 28K which is having 1300Lumens and 3000:1 Contrast Ratio which is good option for a Hometheatre and that is the only purpose for me

Wow the article below is indeed inspiring..
Here are a few links which might be helpful in case you are planning to play with the HD66 w.r.t 3D

Optoma Hd66 3D Hd Projector
--This one talks about the use of new NVIDIA GeForce video card meant for 3D

Optoma HD66 - First 3D home theatre/gaming projector - Blu-ray Forum
--This one tells not to use any ordinary 3D glasses, instead use Nvidia 3d vision glasses.

optoma hd66 - 3D Vision Blog
--More details on the nVidia 3D GPU

When the Optoma HD66 actually arrives, it would be a good idea to experiment on its 3D capabilities.

If someone can get the HD66 to work on 3D, then it would be a whole new ball-game.

read the article below;
By O. Roachford "Roachy"
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Optoma HD66 3D Projector, Great for Wii, PlayStation, and Xbox (Electronics)
Thanks to Amazon I was able to get my hands on this little baby. Delivery was prompt. I owned the Optoma Ezpro 735 which delivered a pretty good picture and was faithful up until the lamp needed changing. Still have 30hours of juice left in it though!So having owned an Optoma projector and being please with the performance I decided to invest in another one after discovering that the cost of the replacement lamp module was about half the cost of a new projector!!! On looking at the Optoma models I discovered that they actually had a 3D model. I was excited!!

Even more exciting was that Samsung had just brought out the Samsung BCP 6900 3D blu Ray player and ....get this the 3D glasses. I was sold on the optoma. I ordered everthing down to of course the 3D bluray movies.

The Optoma HD66, didn't let me down. This thing is amazing! I read reviews about how you had to adjust the image settings for a good picture. NOT ME. this thing gave a fantastic picture striaght out of the box with factory settings. 10 out 10.. it's that good. Can't think it could be better and if it is who cares. This thing is showing like plasma. I'm projecting it onto a 100" diagonal widescreen. Brightness is amazing. It was so bright that I had to set it to standard. You don't even need "bright" setting for 3D. Even in the day the 2500 lumens shined!! This thing left my mouth wide open, Then my eyes when I stared at a 3D movie.

3D doesn't come on automatically. You actually have to select 3D. Guys and Gals images were literally coming off the screen 6 inches from your face!! It was that good. In the movie "My Valentine" there is a scene when the naked woman ( yeah guys fully nude in 3D) throws a gun at her lover. The gun actually comes out the screen right into your face...I literally ducked. lol.

Then there's this totally amazing clip where a gun is fired the bullet comes to you in slow motion ( YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELEIVE IT!!), stops right at your nose..it's like you can touch it..then it suddenly turns, heads back to the screen and hits the bad guy!! The movie in itself is no AVATAR but some moments of 3D that I described are worth it!

The Optoma HD66 truly delivers. You wont regret buying it. SStart up and shut down are fast. The only thing that you must be aware of is that the image drops sometimes when using a long HDMI cable. Not the fault of the Optoma but in a second or two the Optoma HD66 has the image back on screen. This by the way doesn't happen often. The frequency for me so far has been about 2 per movie.

The Optoma Images are incredible with 2D movies. I LOVE IT!!

Just bought some more 3D movies (m final destination 4 in 3D, Haunted House, Polar express 3D and Friday the 13th part 3). Hope to see more!! Oh guys, "National Geograhpics: Sea Monsters 3D" IS A MUST HAVE!!

Well,I have read that article at amazon(ignore it),the reviewer seems to confused about 3d,(see comments) Optoma hd66 will only play 3D via htpc with nvidia hardware or the recently released converter box ($400) announced at CEDIA for direct playback from 3d blu ray player.The converter box 3D-XL has hdmi 1.4 which converts 3d 1080p to 720p for playback.A lot of optoma hd66 owners were excepting the cost to be lower but $400 box for $600 projector was a joke and then add 3D Blu ray player and 3D glasses and you are looking at over $1500 for a 720p projector!!!!So what if it is 3D? Somwone with that budget is better with a 2d 1080p. I'm gonna buy this projector soon but damn to 3D.

Congrats Kalyan!
Looking forward for ur review abt shopyourworld and the machine itself.
Also one user on facebook page of SYW complained about a double charge of the same item price deducted from his account...! Hope ur exp was smooth with the payment.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back