Optoma HD66 vs HD700X

Hey!!!!! I got my projector. Just verified the pieces in it and all sounded very good. Yet to hook it up to power and play movies. Let me give a bit about how the packaging is and things like that.
The outer package had ShopYourWorld logo all on it and Amazon written on it. Regular brown cardboard package with my bill stuck onto it. There is a plastic foil wrapper on the top of the cardboard covering 3/4 of the parcel. That looked good to me. Once I ripped that apart and opened the SYW box, there are firmly put up sponge protectors on the sides and some airbags inside it with a paper that has my address and a mini invoice kind of thing.

There is the Optoma box packaged in bubble wrapper firmly. This Optoma original box inside this package had further air bag kinds of packaging in it and there is the projector inside it.

I just loved the way the thing has been packaged. The packaging made me feel as if it could sustain a 10 feet fall seamlessly.

I have some pics of the package and also some things that I clicked as I opened the package. Will post them sometime tonight.

The Optoma projector reads 110 - 240 V - however the power cable has written on it 120 V. Not sure about what that means on the power cable.

The SYW guys still show my package status as "Arrived at local airport" (Mumbai) when I have already collected the package in Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam.

They used a courier called ExpressIt. I didnt trust the courier delivery guy who would bring it to my home on a cycle, so I went ahead and picked up the package from the courier shop myself. It was actually right behind my work place so didnt have to worry much about going to the courier place.

Cheers!!!!!! Will keep updated on the pics sometime tonight.

Thanks Prithvi, let me find that out. In that case, why would Optoma supply a cable that is rated 120V when the projector supports 110 - 240 V

Here are the pictures of my Optoma HD 66 package as I got it and as I unpacked it. Sorry about the not so great picture quality - I clicked them with my Nokia 5800.

03112010484.jpg

03112010485.jpg

03112010486.jpg

03112010487.jpg

03112010488.jpg

03112010489.jpg

03112010490.jpg

03112010491.jpg

03112010492.jpg

03112010493.jpg

03112010494.jpg

03112010495.jpg

03112010496.jpg

03112010497.jpg

03112010498.jpg

03112010499.jpg

03112010500.jpg

03112010501.jpg

Cheers!!!!

Kalyan, Great pics! Waiting for more pics of actual set-up :)
What made you decide on DLP? I have heard of "rainbow" effects that some people observe with DLP viewing. How did you make sure that you are not one of them :)
I have also heard of "noisy" color wheels in DLP. Did you do your research for that?

This is what is on the power cable that I got with Optoma HD 66. Can someone tell me if it is safe to use this power cable or not?
The print on the power cable reads 300 V. However the print on the cable end sockets say 125 V.

I am confused.....

03112010502.jpg

03112010506.jpg

03112010508.jpg

Can somebody let me know if it is safe to use this cable to switch the projector on in India.....:mad:

Why Yo are Suffering with big doubts
Just Buy one Power Cable locally and Switch on the projector and let them know whether it is working or not within 24 Hours
If Not Ask For a Replacement

This is what is on the power cable that I got with Optoma HD 66. Can someone tell me if it is safe to use this power cable or not?
The print on the power cable reads 300 V. However the print on the cable end sockets say 125 V.

I am confused.....

03112010502.jpg

03112010506.jpg

03112010508.jpg

Can somebody let me know if it is safe to use this cable to switch the projector on in India.....:mad:

use the same cable it should work fine without any issues. When i got my HD 20 i had a power cable already with me through which i connected my PJ and tried to power it up. It would not power up and go to amber light. Finally in the end when i used the original supplied power cable the one you have that came with the PJ it fired up and has been working great on the same from the past 7 months.

Dushie - thanks for the assurance. I hope the one you have is also rated 125 V. dont get mad at me for asking the same thing again and again... Just worried about the purchase and dont want to mess it up in my anxiety...

Hey Hey Hey Hey,

i have an Optoma Hd66.

You dont have to do anything. Just get a compatible power-strip, and plug the cable in.

end of story !

Donot worry this cable are 1250 watt rated Just get a compatible power-strip, and plug the cable in.:cool:

Hey!!!!! I got my projector. ........

I just loved the way the thing has been packaged. The packaging made me feel as if it could sustain a 10 feet fall seamlessly.

Congrats on your purchase. Fun time starts now, eh?

Kalyan you are in Vizag, right? I am planning to order a couple of things via SYW. Would you mind having a brief chat with me so that I get familiar and comfortable with the order process? Sent you a PM.

Thanks
Teja

I finally took the GrandView 92" CNV Series Manual pull down with insta lock and get it setup yesterday. I have got the projector mounted onto the ceiling. One of my ceiling fans blade is just hitting the mount, so will have to get the fan moved by a feet :rolleyes:

The screen is 92" inches and is looking great. I have a viewing distance of 15 feet. I have moved my 29" CRT from the hall so its now looking so cleaned up.

Will click some pictures and put it on here. By the way, my only source as of now is my Pioneer DV 310 and that does not have HDMI. It only had a component out as the better option other than the composite. I did not want to invest in a 10 meter Component cable as that would be for a temporary purpose only till I get a media player. As of now, I have connected the projector with a composite video cable (very bad on my part for this startup setup).

I have a Harman Kardon AVR 155 with HKTS11 setup that I am using for Audio from the optical of the DVD player as of now.

Planning to decide upon a media player. Will need to speed up that exercise.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back