Optoma HD66 vs HD700X

Congrats on your purchase. Fun time starts now, eh?

Kalyan you are in Vizag, right? I am planning to order a couple of things via SYW. Would you mind having a brief chat with me so that I get familiar and comfortable with the order process? Sent you a PM.

Thanks
Teja

I ordered my Optoma hd700x and my order got cancelled (out of stock)
they say that they refunded my amount on Nov 1st and it will take 10 to 14days when i ask them today they say Nov2nd then i asked them rudely then they explained(story) that nov1 they gave request to bank and bank replied them on nov2 that they will refund and thus my Refund processing Date is Nov2 and i will get my refund on nov22 or 24th

After many Talks these Guys promised me that they will give me Money Transfer Reference Number within 24hours from Account Department

i have only one belief that ICICI is an alliance to Shopyourworld.com and Refund Must be successful

@jitendra_wilankar : Setup pics, I still need to clear up some stuff. Will try to take some and put up soon. Finally..... Im still using the Composite (pretty bad eh!!!!)

@jitendra_wilankar : Oops!! I missed the point that you were referring to the power cable. Oh yeah, I connected the cable that came with the projector and it worked fine. I was happy.

Then when getting the wiring done, I got a 10 meter power cable as I did not want to cut the power cable that came with the projector. The 10 meter power cable cost me Rs. 550 (I may have been charged a little more but thats fine) and this worked fine as well. Right now, I am using a 10 meter power cable that I bought in the local market here.

Last edited:
... i will get my refund on nov22 or 24th

After many Talks these Guys promised me that they will give me Money Transfer Reference Number within 24hours from Account Department

i have only one belief that ICICI is an alliance to Shopyourworld.com and Refund Must be successful

Have you got your refund from Shopyourworld.com? Pls update.

Safe Passage

Well the refund taking so long is surely not fair, these are pure bad ethics, the fund transfer should have happened promptly, so no wonder i and others would want to trade with someone who has been a online seller for long with brilliant and fair track record, see the kind of complains which are there with 20north.

With this shopyourworld.com, there are so far only 2 instances where members have had good experience, while with one of them it is bad, so moral of the story could be that one at a time the risk should be taken, if one of the member is ordering and if he gets the product fine with good services then only the other member should order, this way we as members can have a unity for a better safe passage.

V.

Last edited:
guys I have read Prithvi's statement at this link that he got his money back. Guess he forgot to post it here.
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/10714-has-anyone-used-shopyourworld-com-3.html

Hope this helps to those who would thnk Shop Myworld is badly rated.

I myself have been thinking of ordering from them. I want to order couple of things from them and the cost they put up for each item includes shipping too therefore it become expensive if its something which can be shipped in one pack.

I would rather go to ALFA in Mumbai to buy HD65 where the cost is 45000. similar to what shopyourworld is offering or ask B&H photovideo where i can order couple of things together and still pay about USD 120 for shipping for the whole lot. The Customs is not going to be more than 28% so its fair enough.

Is there any other better option on can suggest to buy a good projector in Mumbai/India.
Thanks

Hey, Let me put forward the reason behing Prithvi's issue - I am hoping Prithvi does not mind. There was a great discount sale of a projector and he has ordered for that. Unfortunately, that was taken off the offer on Amazon, right before the SYW guys ordered for it and just after Prithvi ordered it. So, was his issue of the order cancellation. The refund taking so long is definitely a concern when he has his money stuck up on something that he isnt getting anymore...

Yeah mate i got my refund

Hey, Let me put forward the reason behing Prithvi's issue - I am hoping Prithvi does not mind. There was a great discount sale of a projector and he has ordered for that. Unfortunately, that was taken off the offer on Amazon, right before the SYW guys ordered for it and just after Prithvi ordered it. So, was his issue of the order cancellation. The refund taking so long is definitely a concern when he has his money stuck up on something that he isnt getting anymore...

@Kalyan Yeah there was a great discount for HD700x So only i ordered for it and even in your case you also order PJ and purchase from US Because the price is LOW when compared to india
So price matters for each and every person
When i ordered optoma HD700x Amazon was having stock(Then only my order can proceed)
These SYW guys were late when they were upto order my stock everything got sold

My Order Got Cancelled after 2 Days Of the Payement so there is nothing wrong with me

Now Blackfriday deals are going and one member has ordered a BD PLAYER for 6K
does it make sense that since he has ordered for low price Thus there will be out of stock before the SYW guys order for it

Syw

I think this out of stock factor can be handled by using risk management.

I think you should place the order during working hours of seller and SYW.

With instructions to SYW that they will have to place the order within 30 minutes to seller at amazon etc from the time they receive the payment. As in your ealier case SYW was late in placing the order, this time i think they will not do the blunder, but then maybe they had their reasons in delaying to place the order, like they got the payment late from you, or after working hours they got the payment, or being a week-end etc.

V.

Now Blackfriday deals are going and one member has ordered a BD PLAYER for 6K
does it make sense that since he has ordered for low price Thus there will be out of stock before the SYW guys order for it

Re: Syw

they got the payment late from you, or after working hours they got the payment, or being a week-end etc.

V.

Vinay SYW is a singapore based company
when i argued with them that ebay is also world wide they return the money in 4 days time
BUt why SYW takes 10 to 15 days for refund
in return they said that they are singapore based company and they will itself receive the money only after 15 days
and they have returned my money through the same gateway which i payed so it will take time
Thus There is no Things to discuss that the money would have been reached lately These Guys were lazy left that deal
And as far as my luck i got OPTOMA HD65

SYW Image

Well Prithvi, thank you so much for sharing the vital information.

SYW's owners are indians and they are into this business since 8 months, i wish them all the best in their venture.

I think SYW is not talking the truth, the money should have been returned much earlier, one the order got cancelled which was very bad and then worst is they delay in giving the money back, this shows their lower customer service, if they continue this way then sure they will have problems in getting orders.

So from where did you source your Optama. please advice details of payment, custom duties.

V.

Vinay Payement gateway of SYW is Singapore
even in Credit card statement i got it Singapore only

And even the custome care of SYW told me that they are singapore based company

My friend got the optoma hd65 from US He got for his purpose since i wished it he gave it to me Price 38K NEW ONE

Opportunites

Well prithvi, i think let there gateway be even in not so developed countries, they should have refunded you the money within 5 days or so.

I am aware that they are Singapore based company with office in Mumbai, but their owners are of Indian origin, with brilliant knowledge in clearing & forwarding. Furthermore SYW, should be much more organized, before they take the money from customers as they should have proper risk management in place, if they continue such ways then their gas could get leaked before full fledged cooking begins, like in case of 20north, i wanted to order from them my projector but when i saw several complains over them, i withdrew.

Well you are lucky that you have friends who can give over their projector to you, these are rare persons, such people should be treasured for a long friendship and always look forward to get opportunities in paying back their gesture in some or the other form, if proper seeding is not there, then world becomes a horrible place to live in.

Actually when my projector was spoilt, my brother was in Europe and i had a doctor friend based in Singapore, coming to India for a important surgery, i could have called my projector from them but during those days i was trying to solve the bulb issue of my old projector, by the time i realized that i need to go for a new projector, these people were already in India. If this is not enough, then last night my doctor friend told me that she is travelling to America, and will be visiting India, for a day on 14th Jan, and she can carry the projector for me, and see again now how luck has it, i have now already ordered from SYW.

V.

If Amazon ships directly to India, then we can buy ANYTHING from them without involving any third party like SYW. Isn't it?

Syw

Well i have already bought around 8 days ago my projector from SYW.

It seems from your writing that amazon is not shipping all models and types of projectors to India. Please advice.

V.

@Vinay if you want to buy Optoma HD65 buy directly from Amazon they ship Optoma Hd65 to India.

Third Party

I am sure that amazon will not be shipping everything to India, and maybe they will not handle the customs duty and other things, that is why third party like SYW, 20north etc comes in the picture.

In other words one would avoid to deal with third party if amazon can take care of the Indian customer requirements, after all amazon's brand power is such that no third party can be a match.

V.

If Amazon ships directly to India, then we can buy ANYTHING from them without involving any third party like SYW. Isn't it?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back