Philips 3388/94 DVd player bad ??

freshseasons

Recently got the latest Philips 3388/94 DVd player and connected it to my LG32 LH60YR via Hdmi.
However the quality of movies via usb or drive is really bad.
Infact LG TV's inbuilt divx usb give far better PQ than this DVD player.
Am i missing something ?:sad:

Recently got the latest Philips 3388/94 DVd player and connected it to my LG32 LH60YR via Hdmi.

please refer to this post on my thread.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/6548-sammy-40-550-650-led-lcd-4.html#post95171

try connecting via composite or compo in.....
If TV plays the video why use DVD player..!!! play it on TV only (as it saves digi to analog and analog to digi conversions and conserves the PQ)

You need to get good HDMI cable(free may not be good)Philips is not that bad.USB on LCD provide direct path,so it plays nicely.

My DVDP is 3388 and my LCD is 32" LG model LH35FR. The HDMI cable which came with the DVDP is working fine both in terms of PQ & SQ.

My Setup is almost similar to yours, and I am surprised how come your output is inferior.

Well seriously i dont know why i am getting inferior PQ but still even if you consider i get about the same PQ as Philips what the idea of buying philips 3388 DVD player then.
I feel so stupid investing in a DVD player why the LCD itself can play better Divx movies with PQ.
Should have saved that money for Media Steamer. :mad:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back