Philips FA 950 -Info reqd...

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi Just acquired Philips FA 950 used amp.
Now swapping Nad for philips may seems a foolish decision but this philips was philip's ambitious 900 series amp.
AND THE AMP HAS DIGITAL ( CO-AX AND OPTICAL) INPUTS!

Now I bought this amp As -Is without remote and manual....
I knew that you require remote to activate digital inputs.

So request all readers if any further info can be provided. I'll be greatly obliged if anyone can provide Xeroxed copy of manual( I'll pay for charges incl shipping) or images of remote. And if there is a way around using digital inputs.
My R&D also going on with google and another philips amp.Also planning to visit a remote shop on lamington road.
The images are attached. Also this amp has selctable (MM/MC) phono input

So your help is requested and greatly appreciated

Also to go along with t I swapped my 100 CD changer for 101 CD changer with Optical out!

Thanks

Hemant

Last edited:
Hi!
I hope you have got a remote for your FA 950!
I allso own a FA950, but i cant use the digital inputs.
Please, can you tell me how i can activate them?

Thank you very much for your response!

...ans sorry about my bad english...

Thanks
manni

I have got the same problem. I connected the optical digital but nothing happens, except the LED for digital signals is activated. I even have the remote control but that does not help. Does anybody know how to activate the optical digital output?

Hi everyone! To activate the digital/optical inputs of your Philips FA950 amplifier, just link the digital AND ANALOGIC inputs/outputs of your CD/DCC/DSP material! Taken from the troubleshooting part of the FA951 manual! Enjoy the Dutch logic at its worst!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back