Plan a new PC Setup (HTPC)

Cooler Master Cost me Around 3850 Rs... Is it ok or bargain

you are talking about the power supply 500W unit right?

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W should cost less may be max 3400. google for price.

Last edited:
My Older one is P3 and it's very slow want to upgrade...already Creative sound card with me..

I thought buying a PCH C200 would be cheaper and much more convenient if you are looking for only media player functionality. HTPC would be very noisy, power hungry and have all the problems a normal PC has

I thought buying a PCH C200 would be cheaper and much more convenient if you are looking for only media player functionality. HTPC would be very noisy, power hungry and have all the problems a normal PC has

Very noisy? Power hungry? I am not too sure about that at all..:)

Hey it's Ok only or best, I don't want to upgrade after this for next 4 years atleast ... Required Best from your side... Waiting... if any changes you think than informed me...

There are tons of option depends upon your budget. I am also want to upgrade waiting for i5/p55 availability in India.

here is my system config:

Cabinet : Coolermaster HAF 932 full tower
CPU: Intel Q6600
MB: Asus P5E3 deluxe wifi
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1066Mhz
Graphics card:Nvidia 260GTX
Sound card:Creative X-Fi titanium fatality
PSU: Coolermaster 600W
Keyboard/mosue : Microsoft Entertainment keyboard 7000 and logitech G15

OCZ DDR2 800MHz Titanium Edition C4 ram is better than transcend ...quad -core ,latest processor MOBO etc seems over kill.

don't waste money on powerful processors. even a simple dual core (like e5200) for rs. 3300 is more than enough for htpc purposes.

2gb ram is more than enough.

go for an expensive m/b only if u want to skip avoiding a gfx card. else, even a simple g31 based mobo (for rs. 2400) wd do.

put your money on
1. the htpc case
2. the gfx card
3. the sound card
4. power supply

And why exactly would the HTPC need a graphics card which takes up a PCI/PCI-Express slot and produce even more heat and noise?

Unless this HTPC is also meant to be used as a gaming machine, I see no reason why there need be a graphics card what with outstanding motherboard designs available which make 1080p video viewing painless and possible out of the box.

Check out something like ATI HD 3450. looks like the ideal HTPC card. 1080p, passive/silent cooling and for less than rs.3000.

vortex, wd not a combo of G31 and the above gfx card for a total of 5-5.5k better than a mobo costing as much?

Check out something like ATI HD 3450. looks like the ideal HTPC card. 1080p, passive/silent cooling and for less than rs.3000.

vortex, wd not a combo of G31 and the above gfx card for a total of 5-5.5k better than a mobo costing as much?

Which motherboard costs you that much, pray? And even if that were so, in the interests of audio quality I would still say that this is not the best approach.

An AMD 790 GX chipset motherboard would set you back by about Rs. 4500.

Dear All

I Finalise AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black edition..
Know help me to choose mother board

Gigabyte 785G based motherboard. Around Rs. 4500. This is the combo I would advise for a HTPC today. The processor has phenomenal headroom for expansion.

Also if you want to later on unlock those two extra cores, the Gigabyte is reported to allow that. In contrast to a few other 785G chipset boards which are cheaper.

Gigabyte 785G based motherboard. Around Rs. 4500. This is the combo I would advise for a HTPC today. The processor has phenomenal headroom for expansion.

Also if you want to later on unlock those two extra cores, the Gigabyte is reported to allow that. In contrast to a few other 785G chipset boards which are cheaper.

Can you provide the Exact model name it helps me a lot...Waiting

Got The Rates of Mother boards today

Gigabyte

GAMA 785 GM UD 2H - Rs 5000/-
GAMA 785 GM TU S2H - Rs 6150/-
GAMA 790 GPT UD 4H - Rs 8650/
GAMA 790 FXT UD 5P - Rs 10950/-

ASUS

M4A78 - E - Rs 8600/-
M4A78 - EM - Rs 4750/-
M4N78 - PRO - Rs 6650/-

Suggest which one i consider..

I will go with the Gigabyte since they have good service in India.

I will go with the GAMA 785 GMT UD-2H, which you have not listed for an HTPC.

The nomenclature for Gigabytes is something like:

GA: Of course Gigabyte
785 G : Chipset : It a newly updated AMDchipset from the earlier 780G
M=Micro ATX form(9.6x9.6"), if its not there then its full form ATX(12x9.6")
T= RAM DDR3 support. if not there then its either DDR2 or DDR
P=extra ports

UD= Ultra Durable with Japanese Capacitors(solid)
and then revision etc.

ENJOY!
:licklips:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back