Planning for an LED projector - Suggestions please..

I think I have watched the youtube review of 'xiaomi Mi Laser Projector' a 100 times... :yahoo:

I will also check that..

It really depends on the screen you use it with.

I have a DIY Acoustic Transparent screen (Ivory spandex over black spandex), 96 inch diagonal.. Would this be a concern if i were to choose Xgimi H1?

With my black widow paint, it looks amazing upto 70~75 inches in daylight. But at the current 98 inches its watchable with bright sunlight but shadow details take a massive hit.

Thanks for the inputs.. AVR Video settings in the form of ISF day/night would help dark scenes ?

I have a DIY Acoustic Transparent screen (Ivory spandex over black spandex), 96 inch diagonal.. Would this be a concern if i were to choose Xgimi H1?

Contrast in daylight would be a concern no matter what "HT" projector you choose with a white matte screen. I'm not familiar with Spandex but I use a acoustically transparent screen back home and the micro pores in it actually reduce brightness, this doesn't matter in a dedicated theater room which is where a screen like that belongs in my opinion.

The brightness of XGIMI after calibration is comparable to any other similar priced DLP lamp based projector in the same price range.

I'm not familiar with Spandex but I use a acoustically transparent screen back home and the micro pores in it actually reduce brightness, this doesn't matter in a dedicated theater room which is where a screen like that belongs in my opinion.

I have a Woven Fabric screen..Since i had no choice of dedicated room, accommodated in a living room..

I have a Woven Fabric screen..Since i had no choice of dedicated room, accommodated in a living room..

I use the H1 in my living room too, as I now live in a tiny apartment in Bangalore, the room receives a lot of indirect day light. Initially I planned to use a dnp supernova screen but considering that I might move again I didn't want to get a screen that could be easily damaged.For now the black widow paint works well enough, you could use the same if you have ambient light problems.

I use the H1 in my living room too, as I now live in a tiny apartment in Bangalore, the room receives a lot of indirect day light.

Pretty much same conditions here..

Initially I planned to use a dnp supernova screen but considering that I might move again I didn't want to get a screen that could be easily damaged.

Looks great.. As expensive as SI black diamond screen's..

For now the black widow paint works well enough, you could use the same if you have ambient light problems.

I have mounted the DIY AT screen on a window.. So can't paint it..But indirect sunlight & LED light reflection on screen fairly controlled..

Updating the list with few more models..

Earlier list

gimi H1 / H1S

Optoma ML 750

LG PF1500W

Acer K335

Dell M115HD

AAXA M6

Casio XJ-F210WN

Nebula Mars

Casio XJ-V10X

Egate K9

Adding some more models..

XGIMI Z4 Aurora

Viewsonic PLED W800

Benq GP20

---------------

Of all the above models, only XGIMI H1, LG PF1500W & AAXA M6 are FHD models..

The rest are 1280 x 800 models..

Xgimi H1 has a dealer in India, spoke to the person..

He said 80K with bill & warranty.. However, i have requested him for a reduced price in form of group buy.. He said he would update me tomorrow on the same.. Atleast 2 - 3 ppl would be good, if we have more, then good chances of negotiating a better deal..

Let me know how many of you would be interested for Xgimi H1..

Xgimi H1 has a dealer in India, spoke to the person..

He said 80K with bill & warranty.. However, i have requested him for a reduced price in form of group buy.. He said he would update me tomorrow on the same.. Atleast 2 - 3 ppl would be good, if we have more, then good chances of negotiating a better deal..

Let me know how many of you would be interested for Xgimi H1..

60K is US price. Anything less than 80K will B&W is a good buy.

Don't have any idea about the projector itself though.

Will check out the reviews.

Updating the list with few more models..

Earlier list

gimi H1 / H1S

Optoma ML 750

LG PF1500W

Acer K335

Dell M115HD

AAXA M6

Casio XJ-F210WN

Nebula Mars

Casio XJ-V10X

Egate K9

Adding some more models..

XGIMI Z4 Aurora

Viewsonic PLED W800

Benq GP20

---------------

Of all the above models, only XGIMI H1, LG PF1500W & AAXA M6 are FHD models..

The rest are 1280 x 800 models..
Lg pw 1500 contrast ratio is 10000:1 but others are 2000:1.

Lg is not full hd will it give better output than others due to high contrast?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Lg pw 1500 contrast ratio is 10000:1 but others are 2000:1.

Lg is not full hd will it give better output than others due to high contrast?

Not sure.. Take these contrast ratio with a pinch of salt..10000:1 looks like bloated.. 2000:1 is more realistic..

Check youtube videos for comparison..

There's a dealer for jmGO in India as well.

Please share details..

The JmGO V8 Projector should be as good if not better than the H1.

Great..JmGO V8 seems to be equivalent of H1s.. They both have more brightness (1100 ANSI lumens) and better Throw ratio (1.2:1) than H1..

H1 has 900 ANSI lumens & Throw ratio (1.4:1)..

One of my friend has tentatively agreed to get a PJ from US..

Now which one should i consider? Xgimi H1 Vs JmGO v8

Though there are not many reviews on JmGO V8, the throw ratio of V8 is better than H1, more brighter than H1 by 200 Lumens..

Appreciate pointers to decide..

Though there are not many reviews on JmGO V8, the throw ratio of V8 is better than H1, more brighter than H1 by 200 Lumens..

Lower throw ratio is not always better my friend, if tomorrow you choose to use a ALR screen (ready made or DIY) the throw ration must be 1.5 or higher for it to work. So throw ratio is more of a application thing. The second thing is the H1 is a international model with English menus, the H1s is a china only version which means everything will be in Chinese (sellers on amazon.com mention this). The V8 again has a shorter throw which makes it no good for ALR screens, but knowing jmGo's other projectors it should be a close match with the H1 in terms of build and quality

Lower throw ratio is not always better my friend,if tomorrow you choose to use a ALR screen (ready made or DIY) the throw ration must be 1.5 or higher for it to work. So throw ratio is more of a application thing.

Correct me if am wrong..For the same projection distance, lower throw ratio will give a bigger screen..

Am not familiar to few technical things with PJ..How does (or) in what way a lower throw ratio affect a DIY screen (or) ALR screen?

The second thing is the H1 is a international model with English menus, the H1s is a china only version which means everything will be in Chinese (sellers on amazon.com mention this). The V8 again has a shorter throw which makes it no good for ALR screens, but knowing jmGo's other projectors it should be a close match with the H1 in terms of build and quality

I get your pointers on H1s..The H1s also has the same throw ratio of jmgo v8..

One of my friend has tentatively agreed to get a PJ from US..

Why not the better brands that will offer better service and repair?

I mean BenQ, Optoma, Epson, etc. Why go for Chinese that will have no service or repair options down the line and still spend more on them?

Why not the better brands that will offer better service and repair?

I mean BenQ, Optoma, Epson, etc. Why go for Chinese that will have no service or repair options down the line and still spend more on them?

My usage is approx 6 ~ 8 hrs a day.. Mainstream projectors have a cap on lamp hrs..

At present i have an LED PJ (an LCD panel, powered by a single White LED).. In 10 months time, i would have easily clocked 2,000 + hrs.. In this fashion, if i choose a lamp based one, i would need to change every 3 years..

Hence, wanted to get something that i don't have to worry abt recurring additional cost for my usage..

I agree service can be challenging, but both Xgimi / Jmgo have dealer in India..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back