Planning for an LED projector - Suggestions please..

Moved the LG PF 1500 to my brother..

Was lucky to get hold of an other LG PF 1500 W, amazon.com warehouse deals for $720 thru my friend..

wAlzffo.jpg

MzYtOFd.jpg

V35PNp0.jpg

HwYYIOi.jpg

z1glc2H.jpg

Im24Wo8.jpg

yeOloZy.jpg

tthCs1R.jpg

uMk8g2B.jpg

@elangoas - can you share a comparison between xgimi and the new LG? I am fed up of waiting for an affordable 4K PJ and may opt for a FHD soon. LG HF80JA is in my mind as of now... your thoughts please

Moved the LG PF 1500 to my brother..

Was lucky to get hold of an other LG PF 1500 W, amazon.com warehouse deals for $720 thru my friend..

wAlzffo.jpg

MzYtOFd.jpg

V35PNp0.jpg

HwYYIOi.jpg

z1glc2H.jpg

Im24Wo8.jpg

yeOloZy.jpg

tthCs1R.jpg

uMk8g2B.jpg
Congratulations
Awaiting your review on LG 1500W vs Xigmi , side by side Pics running the Same content would be awesome, take your time and update us.

@elangoas - can you share a comparison between xgimi and the new LG?

LG 1500W vs Xigmi , side by side Pics running the Same content would be awesome, take your time and update us.

Sure @ItsMe , @drkrack ..I will share some images for Xgimi H1 & LG PF 1500W with same screen & source..

I am fed up of waiting for an affordable 4K PJ and may opt for a FHD soon. LG HF80JA is in my mind as of now... your thoughts please

Ok great.. good choice.. Laser projector..Are you planning to get this from US?..

Please add reviews as well if possible

For Xgimi H1, i was able to fairly calibrate with spears & munsil patterns discs calibration and blue filter borrowed from a FM..

With LG PF1500W, i don't have the blue filter to adjust to colours.. But have done with approximately using SMPTE test patterns & watching you tube videos.. Even if i do a comparison with same source, same screen it may be incorrect as one of them is not correctly calibrated.. But yes, i will try to do it better..

Yes, from US

That would be best.. Keep an eye on Amazon warehouse deals if any for that product.. Good chances to get the product for less..

That would be best.. Keep an eye on Amazon warehouse deals if any for that product.. Good chances to get the product for less..

I am bit skeptical on openbox/used ones, as I had few bad experiences in the past with those. However will keep an eye on the same now onward.
I am unable to take a call between LG PF1500w -full HD - LED (845$) vs Optoma UHD50 -4k - lamp (1389$). Not sure whether spending another 545$ will make sense to go for an entry level 4k, which has got mixed reviews. But you know, 4k is always our dream :D
The choice to make now is either full HD LED, or 4k lamp. Mine being a smaller room, I am now personally biased towards LG , but thoroughly confused.

I am bit skeptical on openbox/used ones, as I had few bad experiences in the past with those. However will keep an eye on the same now onward.

Oh k.. Understand..

The choice to make now is either full HD LED, or 4k lamp. Mine being a smaller room, I am now personally biased towards LG , but thoroughly confused.

Just my opinion..You should settle for FHD projector now, if you are going LED consider Xgimi H1 / LG PF 1500W.. I own both and trust me, am not looking for an upgrade to 4K anytime soon.. FHD on a large screen itself is quite satisfying..

After 2 ~ 3 years, you can get 4K projector for which the price & the features should get affordable / upgraded by then..

What is the distance between walls in your room where you want to project the image?..

Its 12 feet

With that distance, you should get a minimum of 100 inch diagonal screen.. Anyways, if you are fixed on FHD LED projector, & can spend US $800, then Xgimi H1 is a better choice over LG PF 1500W.. After basic calibration, the colours are good and bright enough in my living room, with a bit of ambient light.. However in the dark, it is just great..

If you get some amazon warehouse deal on LG LED FHD PJ for <$700, LG is very good buy..

Hi All,

At present have an Egate P531 LCD-LED PJ (1280 x 800 res, approx 500 ANSI Lumens), potentially looking for an upgrade in the form of LED light source PJ..

Requirements : Native HD / FHD resolution with more Lumens ..
Usage : for 6 - 8 hrs /day in a living room..
Screen size - 96 inch diagonal..
Distance between PJ & screen approx 10 feet..
Budget - Lesser the better..
Any other key features that are worth looking at ?..

I liked the Xgimi H1 / H1S, but would like to consider other equivalent models..
Hi
I have installed view Sonic pjd 7720hd in my home theater setup. Stunning picture quality.
Do consider.
Thanks

With that distance, you should get a minimum of 100 inch diagonal screen.. Anyways, if you are fixed on FHD LED projector, & can spend US $800, then Xgimi H1 is a better choice over LG PF 1500W.. After basic calibration, the colours are good and bright enough in my living room, with a bit of ambient light.. However in the dark, it is just great..

If you get some amazon warehouse deal on LG LED FHD PJ for <$700, LG is very good buy..

Thanks for your thoughts.
If I go for xgimi, I may have to go for additional ceiling mount whereas LG can accommodate standard ceiling mount which I already have.
Also, xgimi may not have enough aftersales support in Trivandrum, but LG will definitely have
Also, does it have optical zoom? I may need one due to the congested space I have, and need precise zooming in/out atleast to a level of 1.1x
Finally, I somehow felt that the price I am paying for the harman kardon speakers, which will never be used, will be of waste. Does xgimi has one simple FHD PJ, without the speakers?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back