Planning for an LED projector - Suggestions please..

Correct me if am wrong..For the same projection distance, lower throw ratio will give a bigger screen..

This is absolutely accurate

Am not familiar to few technical things with PJ..How does (or) in what way a lower throw ratio affect a DIY screen (or) ALR screen?

I get your pointers on H1s..The H1s also has the same throw ratio of jmgo v8..

ALR DIY or Pre-made (like elite cine 3d/5d/black diamond (the normal version) depend on retro reflectivity. Here's a article i quickly found on the net https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/269. A throw ratio of 1.5 is ideal for ALR screens.

Having said this there are screens that can do ALR for shorter throws as well but they are not "DIY" and will run into a few lakhs like the dnp supernova sts and black diamond UST. These use micro prisms to change the angle of the light.

ALR DIY or Pre-made (like elite cine 3d/5d/black diamond (the normal version) depend on retro reflectivity. Here's a article i quickly found on the net https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/269.

Thanks for the link.. Great info..That was lot of physics.. Angle of reflection stuff :eek:hyeah:

A throw ratio of 1.5 is ideal for ALR screens.

So an ALR screen is to reject ambient light in the room..

I need to findout under which category my DIY screen falls under..

Having said this there are screens that can do ALR for shorter throws as well but they are not "DIY" and will run into a few lakhs like the dnp supernova sts and black diamond UST. These use micro prisms to change the angle of the light.

These looks very interesting.. But if it is going to cost a bomb, then straightaway dropping them..

What is approachable for a DIY screen to counter these?..

Thanks for the link.. Great info..That was lot of physics.. Angle of reflection stuff :eek:hyeah:

So an ALR screen is to reject ambient light in the room..

I need to findout under which category my DIY screen falls under..

These looks very interesting.. But if it is going to cost a bomb, then straightaway dropping them..

What is approachable for a DIY screen to counter these?..

There is no DIY alternative to a micro prism screen for projectors which is the only ALR screen that will work for less than 1.5 throw ratio.

But for 1.5 and above the black widow screen paint works.

Your screen is just unpainted spandex right? That is a matte white screen, it has no ALR properties and is compatible with all projectors

There is no DIY alternative to a micro prism screen for projectors which is the only ALR screen that will work for less than 1.5 throw ratio.

But for 1.5 and above the black widow screen paint works.

Your screen is just unpainted spandex right? That is a matte white screen, it has no ALR properties and is compatible with all projectors

Yes.. Half-white matte screen (Fabric).. Guess will have to experience with limitation..

I will not be changing my DIY screen anytime soon, which i think will not be making a difference if i choose between the Xgimi H1 and Jmgo V8..

If i chose Xgimi H1 (1.4:1), my screen size would be approx 96 inch approx diagonal..

With Jmgo v8 (1.2:1), it could be max of 115 inch diagonal.. A 20 inch incremental diagonally..

From eye to the screen would be approx 135 inches (11 feet)..

Also from the net, Xgimi H1s is due for international release this month..

Yes.. Half-white matte screen (Fabric).. Guess will have to experience with limitation..

I will not be changing my DIY screen anytime soon, which i think will not be making a difference if i choose between the Xgimi H1 and Jmgo V8..

If i chose Xgimi H1 (1.4:1), my screen size would be approx 96 inch approx diagonal..

With Jmgo v8 (1.2:1), it could be max of 115 inch diagonal.. A 20 inch incremental diagonally..

From eye to the screen would be approx 135 inches (11 feet)..

Also from the net, Xgimi H1s is due for international release this month..

Well if you dont foresee using a ALR screen then the H1s and the V8 would both be good choices.

Looks like LG PF1500W was aval for a deal of $649 a couple of days back on fry's.. Does it make a good deal? It is a FHD model..

Looks like LG PF1500W was aval for a deal of $649 a couple of days back on fry's.. Does it make a good deal? It is a FHD model..
I feel best deal. I am waiting for Thanksgiving day offers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

So, which model are you getting? Let me know if you're going to sell your P513, I'll buy it for testing :lol:

So, which model are you getting? Let me know if you're going to sell your P513, I'll buy it for testing [emoji38]

If you don't want to spend more than 35K, and get warranty for 3 yrs time, you may consider Egate K9, 1280 x 800 resolution PJ, DLP-RGB LED with 400 lumens of brightness..Checks youtube videos to get rough impressions of the product..

I haven't read/seen K9's review or videos but I saw the specs on their website. It would've been great if I got a demo but that seems impossible.

Missed to update this thread.. Got the Xgimi H1 a while back and pretty happy with it.. Xgimi H1 serves the living room entertainment..

Looking to replace my 5 year old 46 inch Sony TV (bedroom), which recently gave up coz of panel & backlight issue..

Budget around 30K max.. Room is abt 10 x 10.. undecided between a 50 inch LED TV Vs an other DLP-LED (Egate K9) projector since it is around the same cost of a 50inch LED TV..

I saw an offer for intex 4k tv (55 inch) with 3 year warranty @ 45k or so... wanna try?

I saw an offer for intex 4k tv (55 inch) with 3 year warranty @ 45k or so... wanna try?

No 4K until there is more access to 4K BR Rips.. This one is for the bedroom..mostly 480i SD & 1080i HD broadcasts.. So a HD (or) FHD will do..

Got an other LG DLP-RGB LED (FHD) projector from US, thru a friend..

Model - LG PF 1500, thru amazon.com warehouse deals for $580 (37K).. Though the item description on amazon.com was mentioned as minor scratches, couldn't find any on it.. It didn't come with original box, with re-boxed with all accompanying essentials..(Remote, power chord, audio & video cables)..

Here are some pics..

ittvUzQ.jpg

pIobzQm.jpg

IvJczCN.jpg

18VrSqT.jpg

Ee9BPxu.jpg

mCf7og3.jpg

ChQzSqW.jpg

Model - LG PF 1500, thru amazon.com warehouse deals for $580 (37K).. Though the item description on amazon.com was mentioned as minor scratches, couldn't find any on it.. It didn't come with original box, with re-boxed with all accompanying essentials..(Remote, power chord, audio & video cables)..

Here are some pics..

ittvUzQ.jpg

pIobzQm.jpg

IvJczCN.jpg

18VrSqT.jpg

Ee9BPxu.jpg

mCf7og3.jpg

ChQzSqW.jpg
Congrats.. waiting for review

Here are some pics..

ittvUzQ.jpg

pIobzQm.jpg

IvJczCN.jpg

18VrSqT.jpg

Ee9BPxu.jpg

mCf7og3.jpg

ChQzSqW.jpg
Congratulations !!!! Soon I'll be coming to your home for a demo..Ha ha..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back