Planning for an LED projector - Suggestions please..

If I go for xgimi, I may have to go for additional ceiling mount whereas LG can accommodate standard ceiling mount which I already have.

I guess, Xgimi too can be mounted with any standard mounting hardware.. Though i got the official Xgimi accessory..

Also, xgimi may not have enough aftersales support in Trivandrum, but LG will definitely have

There is one dealer in India for Xgimi.. Incase of any issues, you can reach him for paid support.. LG might have support in your city for LED TV and other household stuff, many be not LED PJ..

Also, does it have optical zoom? I may need one due to the congested space I have, and need precise zooming in/out atleast to a level of 1.1x

Yes.. It has optical zoom 1.1x..

Finally, I somehow felt that the price I am paying for the harman kardon speakers, which will never be used, will be of waste.

True.. But no choice..I too use (Harman speakers) it when i play casual android games on the projector..

Does xgimi has one simple FHD PJ, without the speakers?

Nope..H1 is the only FHD -LED PJ from Xgimi..

Here comes the master, who always confuse me with choices :) . Just kidding :) Thanks for your response.

I guess, Xgimi too can be mounted with any standard mounting hardware.. Though i got the official Xgimi accessory..
Hmm... let me explore more. From looks I felt it needs separate mount
There is one dealer in India for Xgimi.. Incase of any issues, you can reach him for paid support.. LG might have support in your city for LED TV and other household stuff, many be not LED PJ..
Okay, make sense. Will he support repairs of PJs imported from US?

Yes.. It has optical zoom 1.1x..
Thanks, that helps
True.. But no choice..I too use (Harman speakers) it when i play casual android games on the projector..
Nope..H1 is the only FHD -LED PJ from Xgimi..
:(

Thanks for your comments. I have one more month before I take a call. Let me explore more

Here comes the master, who always confuse me with choices :) . Just kidding :) Thanks for your response.

I have one more month before I take a call. Let me explore more

Np..:p .. The Xgimi dealer in India had some options when i checked with him.. The dealer said he can provide without bill, but with 1 yr warranty support..

Check this option from ebay.in for Rs 65,999 after coupon codes - https://www.ebay.in/itm/XGIMI-H1-4K...042252?hash=item4b32fdd18c:g:0HwAAOSw-xVaJWzZ

If you are interested in Xgimi H1, speak to the ebay.in seller and clarify further..

Okay, make sense. Will he support repairs of PJs imported from US?

Post warranty period of 1 yr, it is paid service and he should oblige by all means.. Not like Onkyo India who refuse to service goods purchased abroad, even if we had original bill..

Hmm... let me explore more. From looks I felt it needs separate mount

Xgimi H1 has provision of ceiling mount.. They have screws at 4 corners.. Like a square.. If your projector stand is adjustable (like a claw), then you need not worry as it would mostly fit..

Hi all, I am also into the same confusion of whether to buy a FHD of a entry level 4k.
But i am more interested in the LG's UST unit i.e. HF85JA. Had used PF 1000u before and the ust makes life so simple hence considering the ust only.
But after the launch of Xiomi, i am now ocnfused between LG and Xiomi.....any comments?

I have a dedicated mancave, which is very small - 8x12 feet and not appropriate for a PJ though I was using a PJ there sometime back. I am planning to purchase a PJ and move that to my upper living which is 16x13 feet, but I may have to control ambient light using curtains. (possible to an extend only) Will xgimi be a good choice here, or should I go for optoma hd39darbee ? 900 ANSI lumens of HGIMI is pulling me back

Xgimi H1 is available for 68k in amazon.in now after the 10% cashback offer on ICICI. Seems to be a real sweet deal

Last edited:
I have a dedicated mancave, which is very small - 8x12 feet and not appropriate for a PJ though I was using a PJ there sometime back. I am planning to purchase a PJ and move that to my upper living which is 16x13 feet, but I may have to control ambient light using curtains. (possible to an extend only) Will xgimi be a good choice here, or should I go for optoma hd39darbee ? 900 ANSI lumens of HGIMI is pulling me back

I have Xgimi H1 in the living room, with daylight controlled (dark screen) and can use the screen with comfortable brightness (still more to go in the PJ).. Share some pics of the living room (or) where you plan to put it in your living room..

It is ample bright in a living room.. (screen is DIY AT fabric material)..

Xgimi H1 is available for 68k in amazon.in now after the 10% cashback offer on ICICI. Seems to be a real sweet deal

Were you able to check on the ebay.in link shared few posts above, think for around 65K..

I have Xgimi H1 in the living room, with daylight controlled (dark screen) and can use the screen with comfortable brightness (still more to go in the PJ).. Share some pics of the living room (or) where you plan to put it in your living room..

It is ample bright in a living room.. (screen is DIY AT fabric material)..

Thanks... that boosted my confidence. I will get a snap during day time and share later. But I can also make it very dark if needed, as it is not a regularly used space.
Were you able to check on the ebay.in link shared few posts above, think for around 65K..
The coupon code expired, but I have contacted the seller for a new code. Will wait for that

One more question. If I ceiling mount this PJ, do I need to open and close the lens cap every time I use it? Some video was mentioning that the lense cap is the power ON switch, and hence the question. It may be difficult to use the lens cap, once I ceiling mount it

From what i have read, the quoted ANSI lumens for any projector is the brightest white capable of the device.. But post basic calibration (Brightness, contrast, tint & all that stuff), the ANSI lumens of any projector drops than the advertised..

In this case of Xgimi H1, the post calibration brightness of Xgimi H1 is very close to ~ 900 ANSI Lumens..(Per reviews)..

Thanks... that boosted my confidence. I will get a snap during day time and share later. But I can also make it very dark if needed, as it is not a regularly used space.

If you are able to cut out daylight from the room using dark curtains, that itself should be more than enough..You will get better idea's, when the product & screen are in place.. Until & unless you are a critic on picture quality, there is no need of batcave..

The coupon code expired, but I have contacted the seller for a new code. Will wait for that

OK fine..

One more question. If I ceiling mount this PJ, do I need to open and close the lens cap every time I use it? Some video was mentioning that the lense cap is the power ON switch, and hence the question. It may be difficult to use the lens cap, once I ceiling mount it

Nope.. Not reqd.. You can leave the lens shutter open all the time.. I use it like that.. You can turn ON & OFF the projector from the remote..

Thanks buddy, looks like I will lose my 65k soon :) . I have an option to get it from US in July, but the cost seems to be around 59k which is not that lucrative, as it is without India warranty. Will decide based on the availability of coupon code

Last edited:
What is the feature which is keeping you undecided ?..
The lumens...the xiomi is of 5000/3 which is similar to LG. If lumens is similar in both the unit then its confusing.
LG has English language with all apps installed and easy to navigate, light weight, easy to carry
Xiomi is bit bulky, but with good speakers, HDR and 3D (which I would hardly use)

The lumens...the xiomi is of 5000/3 which is similar to LG. If lumens is similar in both the unit then its confusing.

My Xgimi H1 is advertised as 900 ANSI lumens, and probably i have it at 40% brightness and find it enough in a non-light controlled environment..

5,000 Lumens might be giving the impression of very bright projector.. Please check review and look for Brightness level post calibration of Xiaomi & LG models.. This should give you pointers for your decision..

My Xgimi H1 is advertised as 900 ANSI lumens, and probably i have it at 40% brightness and find it enough in a non-light controlled environment..

5,000 Lumens might be giving the impression of very bright projector.. Please check review and look for Brightness level post calibration of Xiaomi & LG models.. This should give you pointers for your decision..
What is post calibration, can you help me to understand this.
My friend just bought Xiomi and it seems very bright but then we open the curtains, the image is washed out in a screen size of 100 inches.
I had owned LG PF1000U and in 70inches the images were washed out in a non light controled room.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back