Planning for an LED projector - Suggestions please..

What is post calibration, can you help me to understand this.
My friend just bought Xiomi and it seems very bright but then we open the curtains, the image is washed out in a screen size of 100 inches.
I had owned LG PF1000U and in 70inches the images were washed out in a non light controled room.

Try ALR screen which will do the magic

What is post calibration, can you help me to understand this.

Right out of the box, most projector's are not calibrated for brightness, contrast, colour adjustment.. Some of these can be following youtube videos & settings under projector menu..

Here is a link for the same -

@Eangoas, can you share the distance between your PJ and screen, and the image size you are getting?

The distance between the screen & projector is approx 10 feet and 6 inches.. The image size is 100 inch diagonal in 16:9 aspect ratio..
Thanks a lot @elangoas. I have identified a new room (still smaller) where I will be shifting my AV gear to. The room is 14 feet by 11 feet but it will be comfortable for me if I can project on the longer wall, that is the 11 feet side. If I can get a 100 inch from 11 feet, that will definitely suffice.

Thanks a lot @elangoas. I have identified a new room (still smaller) where I will be shifting my AV gear to. The room is 14 feet by 11 feet but it will be comfortable for me if I can project on the longer wall, that is the 11 feet side. If I can get a 100 inch from 11 feet, that will definitely suffice.

My room is 14 x 11 feet.. Same as your room.. My screen is on the longest side (14 feet).. You should get a minimum 100 inch diagonal size..

My room is 14 x 11 feet.. Same as your room.. My screen is on the longest side (14 feet).. You should get a minimum 100 inch diagonal size..
Thats interesting. I need to rethink on the present plan. Will it impact the speaker position if the room is more wider?

Thats interesting. I need to rethink on the present plan. Will it impact the speaker position if the room is more wider?

If you plan to project from 14 feet distance, then the room width is 11 feet & the image might be bigger on the 11 feet wall..

If you plan to project on 11 feet distance, then the room width is 14 feet.. Image should approx be 100 inch diagonal (like in my case) and you should have space around to place the speakers..

There are options in Xgimi H1 to resize the picture size by inches..

If you plan to project from 14 feet distance, then the room width is 11 feet & the image might be bigger on the 11 feet wall..

If you plan to project on 11 feet distance, then the room width is 14 feet.. Image should approx be 100 inch diagonal (like in my case) and you should have space around to place the speakers..

There are options in Xgimi H1 to resize the picture size by inches..
Thanks @elangoas

Was unable to resist it. Placed an order for xgimi h1 from ebay for arnd 70k. Seller has not yet responded, but Im eagerly waiting... :) Not sure whether its a genuine seller or not

Was unable to resist it. Placed an order for xgimi h1 from ebay for arnd 70k. Seller has not yet responded, but Im eagerly waiting... :) Not sure whether its a genuine seller or not

Congrats.. Great.. Good deal..As long as the dealer guarantees for warranty, then no issues.. Hope "tech-bunny" is the seller ?..

Congrats.. Great.. Good deal..As long as the dealer guarantees for warranty, then no issues.. Hope "tech-bunny" is the seller ?..
Thanks, Yes its tech bunny.... yet to ship the PJ, but got a message from him that he is out of station and will call me tomorrow. Hoping for the best
Meanwhile can you please let me know whether I can place it on top of a shelf (6 ft) and project to a wall? In other words, will it project downward from the top of the shelf?

Last edited:
Thanks, Yes its tech bunny.... yet to ship the PJ, but got a message from him that he is out of station and will call me tomorrow. Hoping for the best
Meanwhile can you please let me know whether I can place it on top of a shelf (6 ft) and project to a wall? In other words, will it project downward from the top of the shelf?

Ok great..

Yes.. You can place the projector on shelf.. There are options in the menu to invert images..

You can invert the projector itself and place it on a multi layers of fabric (cotton saree / dhoti) and then project it on the wall..

i did the same ... :D
there is a cupboard on my rear wall. Placed the pj in the top rack of my cupboard. Inverted it, and placed some soft cloth below it, on either sides. Adjusted it so that it gets as much ventilation as possible. Manageable till I plan to mount it permanently

Dear all
I am also searching full hd 3D PJ and after reading this thread considering the xgimi h1. Can you gays please let me know
- Is xgimi's display is at par with DLP's like benQ 1050 / 1110 etc w.r.t. day light, as i am going to use in 12 X 20 ft living room where ample day light is there (only controlling is curtains).
- Which type of screens will be suitable for xgimi. Is this screen is different than used for DLp projectors.
- Can it be mounted on roof.

Is xgimi's display is at par with DLP's like benQ 1050 / 1110 etc w.r.t. day light, as i am going to use in 12 X 20 ft living room where ample day light is there (only controlling is curtains).

I have never used a DLP-Lamp based projector.. Xgimi H1 is the first (DLP-LED).. If you use dark curtains, shouldn't be an issue.. Projector is ample bright during day time in my living room..

Which type of screens will be suitable for xgimi. Is this screen is different than used for DLp projectors.

You can use the saeme screen that is used for DLP-lamp based projectors.. I have been using an DIY - Acoustic transparent screen (Fabric), an other member uses it with dark grey screen (painted wall) , and it is just fine..

- Can it be mounted on roof.

There is a provision to mount them on ceiling using brackets.. You can consider either purchasing the Xgimi official accessory (or) buy something locally..

Thanks Elangaos
I hv checked xgimi on ebay 73 k, but direct buy from supplier will cost 10% less.
I also hv rates from Delhi dealer of BenQ who had offered who offered 1110 model 88k. Will check 1050 rates also.
How much distance will xhimi take to produce 100in projection.

Thanks Elangaos
I hv checked xgimi on ebay 73 k, but direct buy from supplier will cost 10% less.
I also hv rates from Delhi dealer of BenQ who had offered who offered 1110 model 88k. Will check 1050 rates also.
How much distance will xhimi take to produce 100in projection.

Hold on with the purchase from ebay seller tech-bunny, especially if it is direct purchase. I have ordered it on 1st June, but he has not yet shipped it citing 'no stock'. He promised to ship it on Monday for sure, I will update you.
Mine was a direct purchase from ebay, so I am less worried about the refund, but if you are planning to purchase it directly, there seems to be some risk.

Ok. Thanks for the information. The seller is tech bunny only. But i have not ordered yet. Will consider your experience.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back