Planning my HT Room

I too am willing to put down my money on Anutone now, George, Raj, Gobind, Venkat what are your opinions and most importantly when do you guys need this? Just thinking of combining order which might give room for some more negotiation, else I plan to finalize my requirement by next weekend.

I had interacted with Anutone a year back, and the interaction was not completely pleasant. Today there are a number of other options available and I plan to explore them before taking a decision. I plan to install the borads within the next 4 weeks.

Cheers

Santhosh told me that for some reason Anutone are stricty cash and carry(no bill only cash!). Looks odd. They will deliver at your place apparently. I asked Praveen about delivery period and he said 2-3 days max for their standard boards.

I prefer to go by their product at this time since the other option looks both cumbersome procedure wise and expensive.

George

Even I ended up in the same situation - cash and no bill.. This is because what I got was 2nds quality false ceiling tiles.. 1st quality price was Rs. 93 / sq ft for the product, I got the 2nds at 58. But, they have included a bill in the transport, though, for the full price. Not sure whether it is an original bill or just for transportation purposes.. As per Praveen, 2nds will have the same characteristics as the 1st onces, but, some defects in terms of looks.. so, I went ahead with that. Based on what I see now, I cant really say anything wrong with the product. Even, the looks are good:)

About delivery time, I got the product in 4 days after the payment. That too in Mangalore... it has been a wonderful experience so far...

these Anutone guys are funny. :rolleyes:
I'd an inquiry for them and after the initial contact, none of them were even bothered to follow it up in spite of repeated hammering. Got so fed-up that this query was then taken forward to an imported solution (yes it will/may be more expensive) but then, the client ain't gonna wait for ages for things to happen! He's interested in putting his money down and seeing action.....

My experience has been the other way. Praveen told me upfront about his travel plans so that if I'm in a hurry he can complete the transaction before he leaves.. Though my payment got delayed by a day, he made sure the product got shipped and I got the required information thru someone else.

I too am willing to put down my money on Anutone now, George, Raj, Gobind, Venkat what are your opinions and most importantly when do you guys need this? Just thinking of combining order which might give room for some more negotiation, else I plan to finalize my requirement by next weekend.
-Manish

As of now, it is Anutone for me. But, my need would be in another 6-8 weeks or so:-( Let me see if I can decide quickly and order earlier...

Santosh,
What was the per sft cost for anutone soln (the board, fiber, woodwork to put the fiber and carpentry charges), pls do not include the finish material (silk cloth in your case) as this will vary for each of us depending on individual preferences. This will help with the costing ;)
-Manish

I am fine with going with Anutone. I visited their factory in whitefield (in late Dec) and in general happy with the answers I got. I have been hit with a lot of issues that has kept me busy on the weekends for the last two months and keeps postponing the decision on the acoustic treatment. Ideally I would like to finish it ASAP. But don't know if can because I will be out of town between Apr 15 to May 15. If the deal is attractive enough in the group buy I can order now and take delivery after May 15 to finish up the work. . So, let us talk to Praveen, decide on the tiles of choice for each of us and see what kind of discount we can get. We can go from there.

Last edited:
I am looking for an easier option wherein I get ready made panels that I just install on the walls. I plan to cover only the reflection points (full length of both side walls) and the complete wall behind the screen. In addition I will be spending money on installing some bass traps on two corners.

I called Anutone this morning, and they have asked me to send them a e-mail. I have done so. Let us see what they say.

Cheers

I am looking for an easier option wherein I get ready made panels that I just install on the walls.

Completely agree on this point, if I get ready made panels it will save lots of work and time. I will also hold back till you hear from Anutone.
Thanks,

I am looking for an easier option wherein I get ready made panels that I just install on the walls. I plan to cover only the reflection points (full length of both side walls) and the complete wall behind the screen. In addition I will be spending money on installing some bass traps on two corners.

I called Anutone this morning, and they have asked me to send them a e-mail. I have done so. Let us see what they say.

Cheers

easiest to install directly on to the walls are the Acoustic slims , they are expensive @ abt Rs 800 odd for a single 2 X 2 piece , if you are lucky u cud get seconds for abt 250-300 and mix it up with new

the good thing abt these slims are its very easy to install just peel the protective covering and directly pasted on to the walls and are available in many colors, these slims are compressed synth and are very effective functionally

i think they are sourced from switzerland according to the guys @ anutone (praveen)

i have used them for all the walls ( mixed it up, new and seconds u cud hardly make out the difference btw them)

best thing abt these slims are they hardly take up any space and they look good

I have written to Anutone for costing on their Fabric covered panels. If they are too expensive, I will just get the panels made locally. Let us see what I get from Anutone.

Cheers

Guys - with all the discussion about anutone, I was wondering if any of you checked whether they carry diffusers. I am in need of 8-10, 2'x2' diffusers, that I plan to install in my drop ceiling by taking out the exisiting 2'x2' armstrong tiles. I would prefer skyline diffusers but I guess any diffuser will work. Cost of importing these is just asinine.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Sid

Guys - with all the discussion about anutone, I was wondering if any of you checked whether they carry diffusers. I am in need of 8-10, 2'x2' diffusers, that I plan to install in my drop ceiling by taking out the exisiting 2'x2' armstrong tiles. I would prefer skyline diffusers but I guess any diffuser will work. Cost of importing these is just asinine.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Sid
Sid, I have been to the Anutone Experience center (Showroom) but did not come across any diffusors there. But I might have missed it too. Your best bet is to speak to Praveen (Anutone's Marketing chap). According to some posts on this thread, he is yet to return from his US trip.

Sorry 150/sft.

That is not too bad. So for roughly 30K I should be able to get the panels on place. Say another 20K for bass traps, and my HT room will be ready. I will wait for a mail from Anutone.

In the meantime, if you guys come across a better idea, please holler.

Cheers

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Sid

When I visited Anutone factory in Dec, I saw a small sample (probably 1'x1') of a diffuser that looks like Aurelex spacecoupler with 2"x2" squares. Praveen said it was not part of their regular inventory but can be imported on order. He did not have a price at that time but suggested you could make it yourself using a carpenter. This sample was made of wood.

Thanks Santosh - would you happen to have any contact info. for Praveen.
Cheers
Sid
Sure Sid, it is 09845932079.

@Venkat: Have you heard from Anutone? You probably won't. I wrote to them during my HT build and I still haven't heard from them. I just thought my order is too less for them to even bother to reply and started looking at other options. I am glad Subhash posted Praveen's contact on my HT thread.

@Venkat: Have you heard from Anutone? You probably won't. I wrote to them during my HT build and I still haven't heard from them. I just thought my order is too less for them to even bother to reply and started looking at other options.

Nope. I have not heard from them. I will try to contact one of their dealers and see what he says. As you said, I think Anutone is more interested in large projects.

Cheers

Nope. I have not heard from them. I will try to contact one of their dealers and see what he says. As you said, I think Anutone is more interested in large projects.

Cheers

That looks true if you contact them directly. But, if you contact Praveen, it is different! I called him and mentioned that i got the contacts from Subhash and Santhosh, he response was very warm and i never felt teh size of order is an issue for him. May be it is just Praveen, who manages it that way..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back