Planning to buy 40-42 inch LED Television

ajaymailed

I am looking for 40-42 inch LED, budget 50 to 55K. no smart, 3D etc, just simple LED with HDMI, USB etc.
I was checking out stores in hyderabad. Sony EX520s price was 59K. one PCH store had Samsung 40C6900 priced 61K, the original price was around 1Lac , but i am not sure if he gonna sell me the piece out on display or if he has any other sealed one. Picture clarity of 40C6900 was gr8 and better compared to the newer 40EH5000, which costs just 52K even though EH5000 is backlit while older Samsung models are edgelit.

I was actually searching for 40D5000, but salesman are saying it will be difficult to find anywhere in the city as they are replaced by EH.

i read almost everywhere that Plasma outpeforms every other LED/LCD model the market. But still have apprehension to buy as they are not sold/purchased as much as LED/LCDs. The burn-in issue seems to be overblown and created fear in minds of consumers. Do you guyz feel burn-in is such a big deal? has anybody even faced such problem in their daily lives. Plasma also seems to be much cheaper. Pannny TH-P42X50D seems to be priced around 45 to 50K.

Last edited:
Are you serious? Burn-ins are non-existent nowadays. I love my plasma too much. The only downside is low brightness than LED's. But you know what, if you watch something for 2-3 hrs with that kind of brightness(LED set to 90+), you're surely gonna be blind sooner.:p

who set led brightness to 90+...then there must be a problem with the set...I set backlight to 2 and brightness to 45 including light sensor off..which produce very good brightness in well-lit room.

40EX520 is available for 57K and 40D5500 is for 58K, which one should i go for?, they D models of Samsung are really good. I couldn't find D5000 otherwise i would have blindly gone for that, D5500 has SmartTV which i am not at all interested in. Ignoring smart tv feature, Is 40D5500 overall better than 40EX520?

Last edited:
There's one more issue with Plasmas. Nearly all the new ones are coming with 3D option. If you want a simple 2D plasma, it'll come with lower resolution.

EH5000 picture needs to be tweaked a bit but its cheaper, has better sound and lesser lag time when compared to D5000.

I hope you make the best possible decision as per your needs.

guyz plz help me here. I am just asking for the best picture quality between both tvs- 40EX520 and 40D5500.

I've checked both models before buying ex520..it's pic quality is far superior than samsung one..don't believe it check in showroom.

Last edited:
I've checked both models before buying ex520..it's pic quality is far superior than samsung one..don't believe it check in showroom.
i couldnt see both models at once its gettin difficult to find either of these models kept on display
D5500 was strongly recommended to me over EX520.
picture quality is subjective or what?

I'm talking only about pic quality here ex520 is far superior than d5500...I don't know who recommended d5500 to you on what basis.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back