Please Help Me Dear Members to choose a Good LED TV

dino29

I want to buy a LED TV below Rs 38000 in price.
-It should have average or ow power consumption
-good contrast ratio, good black levels
-excellent audio quality with great bass effects
-full hd or hd ready
-should not have motion blur
-should have digital audio out and atleast 2 hdmi ports,
-panel should b of good quality

I am not looking for ultra slim or smart tv's as i saw samsung 32f5500 and it was so slim and ultimately had very bad quality speakers . I have decided that these extremely slim tv's should not be bought as they have no space and very poor quality speakers r installed in it to match up with limited space.

I don't want Plasma tv's as they consume lot of power, same applies to lcd tv. LED TV is my choice as they r economical plus consume less power

Plz dear emebers suggest some quality tv's, even if toshiba, akai have good quality then i am ready to buy them. I searched thru internet and i am totally confused

Last edited:
I want to buy a LED TV below Rs 38000 in price.
-It should have average or ow power consumption
-good contrast ratio, good black levels
-excellent audio quality with great bass effects
-full hd or hd ready
-should not have motion blur
-should have digital audio out and atleast 2 hdmi ports,
-panel should b of good quality

I am not looking for ultra slim or smart tv's as i saw samsung 32f5500 and it was so slim and ultimately had very bad quality speakers . I have decided that these extremely slim tv's should not be bought as they have no space and very poor quality speakers r installed in it to match up with limited space.

I don't want Plasma tv's as they consume lot of power, same applies to lcd tv. LED TV is my choice as they r economical plus consume less power

Plz dear emebers suggest some quality tv's, even if toshiba, akai have good quality then i am ready to buy them. I searched thru internet and i am totally confused

At your price point, you can get a 32" TV. Since no plasma is available in that size, the question of plasma does not arise. It is right that LED TV will consume less power but of you are under the impression that LED TV will save you tons of money in power bills, you are grossly mistaken. The difference on power bill between LCD and LED, at 32" size, will hardly be Rs. 25, if at all. The LCD TV will be cheaper by at least 10k; so are you really saving money? I think not.

In my honest and humble opinion, you should go with a 32" HD-ready LCD TV costing no more that 25k. At the 32" size, you will not find much difference between 720p and 1080p at a distance of 8 feet of viewing distance. Rest is up to you.

At your price point, you can get a 32" TV. Since no plasma is available in that size, the question of plasma does not arise. It is right that LED TV will consume less power but of you are under the impression that LED TV will save you tons of money in power bills, you are grossly mistaken. The difference on power bill between LCD and LED, at 32" size, will hardly be Rs. 25, if at all. The LCD TV will be cheaper by at least 10k; so are you really saving money? I think not.

In my honest and humble opinion, you should go with a 32" HD-ready LCD TV costing no more that 25k. At the 32" size, you will not find much difference between 720p and 1080p at a distance of 8 feet of viewing distance. Rest is up to you.

Yeah, thats right but doesn't LED produce more vibrant color and contrast than LCD?

Yeah, thats right but doesn't LED produce more vibrant color and contrast than LCD?

That is true. But the true benefits only pop out at the high end models that have local dimming. Anyway you should demo yourself. You should visit a showroom without any preconceived notions and prejudices. Look at LCD and LED models and then decide.

Last edited:
1) LED: You can purchase good quality 32 inch LED in this price band. Check Panasonic/Sony. It is much better than Samsung/LG. Sony has a new range in the same price band. Though I will suggest to stretch the budget and go in for 40 inch minimum. Very soon you will find 32 inch too small. Full HD LED TV 39 Inches - TH-L39EM5D is available online at 43K

2) Plasma: You can get Samsung Series 4(43F4100) 43 inch plasma at 34K

perfectly suggested to you,
dont invest on a 32 incher so much..check 18k-20k..toshiba hd ready models......
rest is your call
and about power cons of lcd/led/plasma..have you really calculated kwhr and per unit basis??

Yesterday I was replying from my smartphone device and hence a bit restricted in giving a detailed reply. I did spell out the basics but perhaps some more reasoning can be give post-mortem.

• I have already commented upon the power consumption factor so I will not dwell again. Suffice to say that the lower cost of LCD will completely and singularly overwhelm any power savings benefit the LED TV may(???) bring.
  • Contrast/Black Levels. This is really a very subjective matter. At what level are we satisfied as an individual. My idea of high contrast/deep blacks may differ from someone else. Yes, LED TVs will yield better contrast/black levels but only with VA panels, with local dimming, etc. Such panels and feature are available in higher end models. At the sub-38K levels, there may not be much to differentiate.
  • Audio/Bass, etc. Forget this. No flat panel TV, whether slim of fat can deliver good sound. Our humble 15-20 year old 21" CRT will deliver much powerful and clearer sound. If you want good sound, try to couple this with a good 2.1 system.
  • Full HD/HD-ready. Already stated. Not much to differentiate at 32" size at 6-8 feet. Not much to differentiate even at 50" size (with DTH and downloaded stuff) at 8-10 feet. Don't belive me blindly. Do a test yourself.
  • Motion Blur. This is an issue with fast action sports only. Better do a test yourself. Go to the showroom with some reference material and test. Note that only high end models will have high refresh rates (100Hz) and motion correcting technology (Sony XR MottionFlow, Samsung Clear Motion Rate, etc.). Such models will be near 50K at 32" size.
  • Almost all 32" TVs have at least 2 HDMI out. Whether it has optical-out is to be verified. Note again, that most TVs downmix optical out to 2-channel stereo. So don't always expect 5.1 sound from optical-out of TV.

My suggestion goes back to looking and demo'ing various 32" TVs. Looks at LCD and LED models. The 32" is a very small size and give or take 6 months, you will feel that way. If you try to resell for an upgrade, you won't get much buy back price. Hence do not spend much - because, upgrade to bigger size, you will. Either increase (double) the budget and go for 40" (LED) or go for LCD not costing more than 25K. With another 5K, get a decent 2.1 sound system or soundbar and compensate for the (low) sound quality. I am all for good quality and all that but then I believe that one must make a full attempt at it. At 38K, it will be a half baked attempt. These are my personal thoughts and other may beg to disagree.

Do not rule out plasma - you can get excellent plasma for 45-50K in 42-43" size that will beat all LCD/LED completely hollow in terms picture quality, contrast, natural colour reproduction, with zero motion lag, etc. - in fact all the "desireables" that you have mentioned. Plasma will consume more power and must be cared for to avoid image retention, but the once again it is not going send your power bill thru the roof. If you are worried about your power bills, target the electric water heating system in your home. By changing to LPG or PNG (piped natural gas), you can reduce over 200 units per month - one bucket of hot water = 1.5 units of electricity.

That is not true, there r 40 inch plasma tv's available from LG and panasonic online for Rs 32000 to 38000.

Plus i has Philips32PFL6577 and it has excellent black levels, picture quality and awesome sound quality, samsung 32f5500 has worst audio and video quality i have ever seen, colors r over-saturated, audio is really bad and all bass effects r bursted.

I have selected few models on internet and found that even japanese brands like Akai and Toshiba have great contrast ratio, sound quality. Its just that they r are not marketed well in India.

I have decided not to buy Samung Tv again, they have really started giving bad quality products , they can't even give good picture and audio quality and call it a Smart TV. What a joke?

Also i think LG has local dimming facility in modes like LG32LS5700, can anyone confirm it?

If you can skip going out for dinner with the family once or twice, you should be able to match Snapdeal's asking price of 39.5k for the Samsung 43" F4900 Plasma. Going by the repeated recommendations on this forum, it appears to be the best value for money television at the moment. It is also a 2013 model.

i don't want plasma tv as i watch same channel for long duration plus logo of dth companies remain static which will cause screen burn

With respect to cheaper plasmas , are the panels robust w.r.t combating retention issues?
Do the premium sets offer better protection than the cheaper ones?

Regarding size, I would say a lot would depend on type of usage. If it is the first flat panel TV in your house, you should definitely go for the largest possible size.
I am also in the same boat. I am looking for a 2nd TV for my bedroom, while our primary display is the 42" plasma in the living room, which has been with us for 4 years.
So I am not too keen on larger size screen. Similarly, you can decide based on the expected usage profile of the TV that you are going to buy.
In my case, I want Smart funcionality with wifi, so that I can browse the net without having to start-up the PC and sit in front of it. And stream content like photos or videos from the smart phone. So I would suggest to consider smart TVs also and decide whether you want it or not based on your requirements and not on cost basis alone.

Dear members can you plz help me know as to how i can check 'how many hours tv has been used' . plz give me the steps i should follow for my samsung 32f5500 led tv to check this thing

i don't want plasma tv as i watch same channel for long duration plus logo of dth companies remain static which will cause screen burn

I feel burn in is very much present but is getting a bit over rated. If that were the case nobody would be buying plasma and Panasonic / Samsung would never make such fantastic plasma sets. With newer sets coming in, IR and burn in are getting better to manage.

There is pretty much still a market for plasma, maybe not as big as LED but still its there. So, don't get put off with all the flak that plasma gets.

+1. I am a plasma user for over a year. I take care of my TV and not facing burn-in. Temporary image retention goes away very quickly.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back