Pls Help..Home Theatre - 75K Budget

Hi Everyone,
I have blank quoted you all just so that this message reaches you.

Anyway, I have narrowed my search to these 3 speaker systems.

Key Points to consider:
1. 70% Video( High action movies with a lot of blasts and fast cars & ofcourse Tatasky) & 30% Audio (l would listen to Eagles, Richie and it should double up at times to party - Club, trance, hip hop etc)
2. Budget 1L Max (5.1 + Cables + AVR + DVD Player)- Had to increase this.
3. Floor Standers
4. Good warranty and Service
5. Room Size - 19*11 ft (the Ht will be at the 11ft wall)
6. Future proof

Shortlisted Speakers and their costs:
1. Jamo S606 HCS 3(S606+S602+S60 Cen) with Sub 250 + Yamaha 663 + Cables from Jamo itself - Grand Total of Rs.98800
2. Mission (m35i + M3dsi + M3C2i + M3as) + Yamaha 663 + Cables - Grand Total of Rs. 99000
3. Mission (m34i + M3dsi + M3C2i + M3as) + Yamaha 663 + Cables - Grand Total of Rs. 93000

Please help me select on these - i would take your reasoning to pay advance for any of the above system this coming Saturday.

663 is a 7.1 channel AVR, looking at option of Bi Amping the front 2 towers. Is this a good idea. I read in another post that this is possible.

All other quotes i have recieved are above my budget.

Really looking forward to your help guys. Thank you.

Regards,
Jacob Inasu

While waiting for the experts (me not one among them :lol:) to comment on your choices and preferences, I suggest that you read some of the threads in the Speakers, Receiver sections on this site. I am sure you will get an idea or two.

Jacob, you really don't have to blank out complete quotes. What you should do is to cut a lot of text within the quotes and leave just what you want to bring our attention to.

3. Floor Standers
6. Future proof

1. Jamo S606 HCS 3(S606+S602+S60 Cen) with Sub 250 + Yamaha 663 + Cables from Jamo itself - Grand Total of Rs.98800
2. Mission (m35i + M3dsi + M3C2i + M3as) + Yamaha 663 + Cables - Grand Total of Rs. 99000
3. Mission (m34i + M3dsi + M3C2i + M3as) + Yamaha 663 + Cables - Grand Total of Rs. 93000

The Yamaha 663 is a good choice. It processes HD Audio and will be of good service even when you upgrade yourself to a Blu-Ray player.

The speaker choice is purely personal, though between the Jamo and Mission, I would lean a wee bit towards the Mission. I have listened to the Jamo 606 and I have written a small review somewhere on this forum.

663 is a 7.1 channel AVR, looking at option of Bi Amping the front 2 towers. Is this a good idea. I read in another post that this is possible.

Yes you can. In the 663, use the rear speaker terminals on the AVR to bi-amp your front speakers. You will hear music with a bit more authority and clarity.

Cheers

The speaker choice is purely personal, though between the Jamo and Mission, I would lean a wee bit towards the Mission. I have listened to the Jamo 606 and I have written a small review somewhere on this forum.
Cheers

Thank you for the valued advise Venkat. Tomorrow is the day i chose between M34i and M35i. Wish me all the best. So Missions it is.

The dealer has cables from Belden. Hope they are good. I have not heard of it as often as QED, Monster etc. I know they manufacture cables in bulk. Wanted to know how good they are. Tomorrow i will be paying off advance for my Home Theatre. Really tensed though.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Jacob Inasu

The dealer has cables from Belden. Hope they are good. I have not heard of it as often as QED, Monster etc. I know they manufacture cables in bulk. Wanted to know how good they are.

Go thru bluejeanscable.com, they use Belden extensively and you can get lots of info. about Belden cables. Both BJC and Belden have a good reputation.

Please help me select on these - i would take your reasoning to pay advance for any of the above system this coming Saturday.

Regards,
Jacob Inasu

well go to audio planet behind kormangala BDA complex u can hear the Morduant short 906i and 908i,also if the cambridge audio S70 package as come worth auditioning,those people no quite a lot about audio.

Hi Everyone,

Anyway, I have narrowed my search to these 3 speaker systems.

Key Points to consider:
1. 70% Video( High action movies with a lot of blasts and fast cars & ofcourse Tatasky) & 30% Audio (l would listen to Eagles, Richie and it should double up at times to party - Club, trance, hip hop etc)
3. Floor Standers
6. Future proof

Regards,
Jacob Inasu

hey jacob,only after replyin to ur pm did i check ur thread.honestly,great choice in components.the yam is a beauty and together with the missions should be a great allrounder package.source player?cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back