Pls suggest good amp for jbl n38 towers

anm

Hi,
I have a pair ofN38 JBL towers. JBL Home Audio I am thinking of adding a good 2 channel amp instead of firing them from my onkyo 595 receiver.

I have some offers for following used amps

1. marantz pm 7000 - not so exciting review on tnt-audio.
2. nad 214 power amp.
3. carver 1065 - I was ready to buy this, but almost at last moment came across a forum thread in carveraudio where people say it is a blot on carver's good history. Very hard to find anything on net about this one.
4. expensive and 2.5 the budget - Nad pre 1600 + Nad power 2400THX

Can someone suggest me out of these, or if anything else is available in 10-12k budget? Prefer int amp, with pre outs/main-in. Can consider power amp too.

regards

ANM: I use NAD with PSB and I am very happy with the match. I have not come across many people who use NAD + JBL> Can u take a demo? Of all the mentioned equipment, this is the best----if it matches!!!
You have a budget of 10-12K. NAD 1600 shd not be more than 7k and 2400 around 12k. Total package shd be around 20k. If you are paying 30k ( 2.5 times as mentioned by you) then it is way too much. Also, be wary that 1600 does not have remote.

I suggest take a demo with the used stuff. Forget the reviews. If you like it, then it is all that matters!!!

Hi,
I have a pair ofN38 JBL towers. JBL Home Audio I am thinking of adding a good 2 channel amp instead of firing them from my onkyo 595 receiver.

I have some offers for following used amps

1. marantz pm 7000 - not so exciting review on tnt-audio.
2. nad 214 power amp.
3. carver 1065 - I was ready to buy this, but almost at last moment came across a forum thread in carveraudio where people say it is a blot on carver's good history. Very hard to find anything on net about this one.
4. expensive and 2.5 the budget - Nad pre 1600 + Nad power 2400THX

Can someone suggest me out of these, or if anything else is available in 10-12k budget? Prefer int amp, with pre outs/main-in. Can consider power amp too.

regards

thanks Sumit for your response. The combo of pre/power was being offered at 25k and not 30k. But that is already sold out.

Auditioning is difficult because the offer was from Coimbature and I am in delhi. I am not sure if it is easy to get a NAD here in Delhi.

thanks Sumit for your response. The combo of pre/power was being offered at 25k and not 30k. But that is already sold out.

Auditioning is difficult because the offer was from Coimbature and I am in delhi. I am not sure if it is easy to get a NAD here in Delhi.

It is not easy to get NAD in delhi. I got mine from bangalore. I didn't audition either. But, the source was good and i could trust him. So I went ahead bought the combo. I had already auditioned NAD with PSB.

Since, you are in Delhi...take your speakers to Pro acoustics and check the compatibilty with Marantz. Similarly, check Denon and CA. Once, you are shorlisted on the brands then you look for used gear of same make. I think this approach should be good.

I shall PM you contact details of a used stuff dealer in Ghaziabad. See if helps.

Sumit

ok - news

there are two offers now for used power amps
1. parasound 1200
2. adcom 555 mk2

I think I will close between these two. Need urgent help as I want to close this chapter in a day or two.
Auditioning is not an option as these are from other cities.

Sumit - I talked to the person, he doesn't have any power amp as of now, but an integrated marantz. I thought I could go there on sunday but couldn't. Have you met him in person? He was talking hifi - that he would be going to S'pore later this month etc.

regards

ANM:
He has told me also that he goes to Singapore to buy stuff. But, I think this guy goes to Chennai to buy stuff from other dealers. He has a dingy shop but he is well informed. Most of the equipment has has is years old. As I mentioned in the PM, you need to be careful. When, I went to his shop, I could not find anything according to my taste. Everthing was very-2 old. He mentioned that he his due to receive some stock.

Again, you may visit him, there's no harm. But, be careful.

Sumit

Hey!! Why do you need a power amp? Do you own a pre?

Sumit

ok - news

there are two offers now for used power amps
1. parasound 1200
2. adcom 555 mk2

I think I will close between these two. Need urgent help as I want to close this chapter in a day or two.
Auditioning is not an option as these are from other cities.

Sumit - I talked to the person, he doesn't have any power amp as of now, but an integrated marantz. I thought I could go there on sunday but couldn't. Have you met him in person? He was talking hifi - that he would be going to S'pore later this month etc.

regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back