Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

With reference to my wanted thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/vacuum-tube-preamp.83412/... this is the LITTLE DOT MKiv tube pre i acquired.
One 6H30P tube got damaged in shipping. So, i ordered a pair of Electro-Harmonix 6H30Pi Gold from eBay, which i will be getting next month... as a bridge gap arrangement i got these 6922 locally.

Also, i fabricated the tube damping rings as the seller misplaced them and couldn't locate. Thinking of getting them Gold plated... :)
Just connected the pre for a listen.

View attachment 54927

View attachment 54928

View attachment 54930

Congrats...
They look beautiful...

Thanks irv,

Apart from looking beautiful, it also sounds good.
With 6922 tubes, there was this weird channel imbalance, it wasn't anything shocking, but was noticeable, and to me, very annoying.

Possibly purchasing matched 6H30P tubes might solve any perceived imbalance issue in the Little Dot, but that is a solution i would have to try by actually testing out a balanced pair of tubes.

Purchased Marantz Nr1508, Q acoustics 3050i front & 3090ci center , Polk Owm3 rear (yet to arrive) as my first entry into world of HiFi. Till now experience with LCR is awesome considering coming from TV audio & Fenda FX6000U

Purchased Marantz Nr1508, Q acoustics 3050i front & 3090ci center , Polk Owm3 rear (yet to arrive) as my first entry into world of HiFi. Till now experience with LCR is awesome considering coming from TV audio & Fenda FX6000U
The Fenda fx6000u isn't half bad. The subwoofer was quite competent for the money. I attached my altec Lansing mx5021 satellites to the F6000u sub once the accompanying sub died.

The Fenda fx6000u isn't half bad. The subwoofer was quite competent for the money. I attached my altec Lansing mx5021 satellites to the F6000u sub once the accompanying sub died.
OK. I was going to give it away. Is it possible to connect sub to AV as I have not purchased sub yet.

Picked up some really old Hi Fi gear.
B&W DM308 floor stand
B&W CC#3 Center Channel
Welling WS8 Sub Woofer
Onkyo TX-SR 674 (no photo)

A new Sony UBP-X700 disc spinner (no photo)

These B&W's are a relatively unknown pair of speakers. I could not find any literature about them even on B&W's website. A google search revealed some results. Listening to them was the final call on whether to buy them or not. There was some baffle rattle on one of the speakers which the dealer fixed. They have a strange prism kind of thing going on at the back of the speaker. All the drivers are intact. Beautiful, balanced sound. More suited for mid range than outright bass, which is why I got the sub to assist with low frequencies.

The Sub Woofer is a brand I have never heard off. Supposed to be English. Can't find any information about them. They were two sub woofers of the same kind but I bought only one as I did not have the space to accommodate two. They were missing rubber feet so that was a problem I noticed only after bringing it home. Bottom ported too. I bought some thick rubber pads to support them at the bottom, to the approximate height as indicated in pictures of what the original rubber feet were and they do the job. Once again, a lovely little sub woofer that integrates well into the system. I've not tried any sub bass levels. With music, this Welling shines.
IMG_20210319_145505.jpg
IMG_20210319_145519.jpg
IMG_20210319_175329.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210319_145526.jpg
    IMG_20210319_145526.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 24
B&W DM 300 series was the entry level speakers series before 20 Yrs. Later on they discounted it and more concentrated on 600 series as entry level. I had read few reviews/information of DM 303 and these speakers supposed to be good for the price and as B&W brand. If cabinet and drivers are cosmetically good and functioning well then it may be a deal . How much you have paid that only will decide value proposition of these speakers.

USB Reclocker from Innuos, minimalistic approach but very effective. Another ugly truth of digital music. Why ugly? because of its price tag.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-compressed.JPG
    FullSizeRender-compressed.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0767-compressed.JPG
    IMG_0767-compressed.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 119
After Much Deliberations, Stuck with My Original Choice ; Got Marantz SR 8015 to Replace the old but utmost Reliable Marantz SR 7010...
Significant Improvements mainly in PQ details, Subtle but definite improvement in SQ. With all the Features its Loaded with ; I don't think we'll utilize more than 50% of them. Overall Happy With the Upgrade.

Attachments

• 20210330_170021_compress11.jpg
    20210330_170021_compress11.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210330_170112_compress65.jpg
    20210330_170112_compress65.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 124
After Much Deliberations, Stuck with My Original Choice ; Got Marantz SR 8015 to Replace the old but utmost Reliable Marantz SR 7010...
Significant Improvements mainly in PQ details, Subtle but definite improvement in SQ. With all the Features its Loaded with ; I don't think we'll utilize more than 50% of them. Overall Happy With the Upgrade.
Congrats Drkrack ! There is a reassuring "Made in Japan " factor to it too. It seems to be loaded with the works.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back