Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Picked up a pair of Kimber Kable KS 1116 XLRs from a good friend and FM. These cables are awesome…the best ICs I have tried yet. They better the outgoing MITs by a good margin.

Background is much much darker, musicality and flow are better, I get better dynamics and slam even at 2-4db lesser volume than what I usually listen to. Also they are airier and have a have a more natural tone with slightly forward vocals. Low volume listening is a pleasure with these.

Last edited:
I didn't actually buy anything new. But just redid my room myself entirely. It is still a work in progress. And will probably take another 2 weeks to complete. But with the acoustic treatment in place, it sure sounds like a big big upgrade sound wise :)

I could have hired a carpenter for all the hard work. But then I have loads of time on hand. So wanted to utilise it by going DIY. And iam stunned by the resulting improvement in sound quality. Cheers:)

Based on the FM recommendations, went for a speaker stand. Just finished setting up the custom stand for my q3020i, ordered through soundfoundation. Overall pretty smooth experience and definitely looking great, though I will know more once I use them. Just one small miss was that the screws to fasten the speakers to the plate were not included

Here is the link to the pics including stand mounted speakers

With reference to my wanted thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/vacuum-tube-preamp.83412/... this is the LITTLE DOT MKiv tube pre i acquired.
One 6H30P tube got damaged in shipping. So, i ordered a pair of Electro-Harmonix 6H30Pi Gold from eBay, which i will be getting next month... as a bridge gap arrangement i got these 6922 locally.

Also, i fabricated the tube damping rings as the seller misplaced them and couldn't locate. Thinking of getting them Gold plated... :)
Just connected the pre for a listen.

View attachment 54927

View attachment 54928

View attachment 54930

The tubes took longer than i expected to reach India due to unforeseen circumstances... it's worth the wait, the factory matched pair is sounding beautiful.

1638452122974.jpeg

1638452138296.jpeg

1638452148951.jpeg

After more than 2 years of deliberation wrt streaming, I finally took the plunge and placed an order with waretohouse for the Allo Boss 2 player today. Thanks @matazooma for the help extended.
Just opened the box containing the Allo Boss 2 player RPi4 (4gb) with moOde OS, Nirvana smps, comfast dual band wifi dongle.

20211204_222841.jpg

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back