PRICE THREAD - Home Theater In A Box

Don"t ever look at the international prices and compare them with the prices in this country. You may end up with high B.P. One more thing for your information . The latest models of all brands sold in this country are out dated in the international market. Our country is shining as we are.

Hi,

Krishna is right! You will see a Himalayan difference in prices as the demand is relatively less here, so does the sales and hence higher prices!

Thanks for the feedback. In INDIA retailers steal money like this. I purchased my iPhone 3GS from the US, in India it costs around 47k, I bought it directly from apple store from the US for just 14K :D and unlocked it here in a GSM store to use local sim. How about if I import the speakers from abroad. I guess that can be cheap and the best with a better quality delivery as well. What do you guys say? And if you agree than can you refer me any store or should I get it from Amazon.com, is it going to be worth purchasing from there?

Recently i.e a month back I had ordered and purchased Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers from vectors Hyderabad for Rs.12500/- which were sold at the same price i.e 290 U.S.D. and I observed that Vectors at Hyderabad sells Speakers of the above make at reasonable prices which does not differ much from the international market . If it is possible they can be imported through Amazon but take care of handling and duty charges and compare the final price with vectors ,Hyderabad.

Regards

Recently i.e a month back I had ordered and purchased Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers from vectors Hyderabad for Rs.12500/- which were sold at the same price i.e 290 U.S.D. and I observed that Vectors at Hyderabad sells Speakers of the above make at reasonable prices which does not differ much from the international market . If it is possible they can be imported through Amazon but take care of handling and duty charges and compare the final price with vectors ,Hyderabad.

Regards

phew... oh boy, sounds like your going to rock the house to its knees.

I was told dat Wharfedale, Bose, Klipsch, Polk, Denon are also some of the speakers worth looking. I might go with Klipsch when I'll set up an HTiB.

For now, I don't want to get costlier speakers. I want to setup a descent set of 5.1 channel speakers for my PC for the purpose of watching movies and listening to music. Which one would you suggest.
kindly, leave few a comments here:
Code:
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater-pc-htpc-media-pc/7150-need-help-getting-5-1-speakers.html

Last edited:
Here is one OFFER you looking for

Amplifier: AVR(DENON)-1610 (75 WX 5 @ 8 Ohms/Channel, analog to HDMI 1080p,DolbyprologicIIz technology, Audessy Multi Eq Set up) M.R.P Rs-29900/-

Speaker: POLK AUDIO
RM-6750(5.1 Package)
100W/channel)
MRP Rs-29000/-

TOTAL 29000+29900= Rs 58,900

OFFER price: Rs 55,000/-

Contact Detail: PROFX ,
M.G. ROAD , BARTON CENTER
9480004050(Madhusudhan)

GO AND GRAB IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Modern world is offering Onkyo 3200 for 25K is it a good deal or bad? in chennai i can see a post saying that Hamsavene electronic selling at 21.5K why is this diff? Is it worth buying Onkyo 3200 or wait for some more time to get the price down?

Hi,

Today i called up Hamsaveni Electronics, Chennai.
Their current price for Onkyo 3200 is 22.5 k.
I am also looking for a Home theater system (Budget 30 K).
Yamaha YHT 195 is available in ezone chennai, price is 22.2 K.
Onkyo 3100 is 19.5 K.
I have seen Pioneer HTP RS30. It looks good. It seems, it is very good for music. Price 41k MRP. Offer price is 35 K.

Check with Xcite, koramangala, Bangalore. I think you may get a good offer there. Kindly share the price details with me. If it is a good offer then i will come to bangalore and purchase it.

Hey guys,

I am a newbie. Thanks for this amazing thread. I am looking for a under 25K HTiB. Should I go in for HT-S3200 or pay a little more to get HT-S5205? What is the best price I can get for these two in Chennai and from where?

Hey guys,

I am a newbie. Thanks for this amazing thread. I am looking for a under 25K HTiB. Should I go in for HT-S3200 or pay a little more to get HT-S5205? What is the best price I can get for these two in Chennai and from where?

Hi Sundar,

For your budget, you can buy Yamaha YHT 195, Onkyo 3200 and Denon 390 for 30k.

I'm living in Chennai and planning to buy Onkyo 5205 model with reciever. Does anyone know the best price Chennai has to offer for this Home Theater System?

I got HT-S3200 from Viveks at 23.5 K. You can contact Annadurai (from Onkyo) at 9841282783. He is very knowledgible and helpful.

Around 20-35k range it is very low for a good pro sound system and there are very limited products available check out these...

1. Onkyo 5000
2. Yamaha HTiB YHT-195
3. Onkyo 3200

Normal Home Theater.
4. Sony DAV-DZ790K
5. Sony DAV-DZ777

Calcutta -

Onkyo HTS 5205 - 31.5K
VIERA TH-P42C10D - 41k
LG DVD p HDMI - 3k

This is the deal i got. Think its decent. Guys any feedback

eZone @ Ishanya Mall, Pune price update

Denon 390 - 29990
Onkyo 5100 - 43590
Onkyo H3340/3100 - 21790

The 5100 is not the right price above right?

btw - I did demo of 3100 and the Denon yesterday, the Denons sounded much richer and fuller as compared to the 3100 of Onkyo. May be they had not set up the Onkyo's properly. But Denon gave a much all round effect. It seemed that the Onkyo rear speakers werent audible at all.

Any one else feel the same?

Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I bought Denon 390 for 29.990k from Reliance Digital, Hyderabad which also giving pioneer 220kv dvd player (hdmi with upconversion has 4.4K list price) and Rebock watch(2.5k list price) for free.

I was thinking onkyo 3200/507/denon 1610 with custom configuration, but this deal got me immediately.

Let me know if anyone has any questions about this setup, I will be able to answer.

BTW, I also have onkyo lsv 500(dvd + receiver) 5.1 speakers which I bought in USA but the receiver got burnt due to bad transformer. I like to sell 5.1 speakers (note that the sub is active one and need 110v input). Let me know if anyone interested in Hyderabad.(you can get the receiver for free if you can get it repaired with this setup).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back