PRICE THREAD - Home Theater In A Box

that's not funny!

I spoke with 2 different Sales people. ans asked very specifically (and slowly) and both of them said the package included the AVR + Speakers but not the DVDplayer that was set up for Demo.

Infact when i asked if there was a different piece other than the Demo set, the guy came back and said since only the Demo unit was available they would be willing to offer the combo for 12K with Installation.

Since i had bought my LCDs from the same same store earlier 1-2 other attendants who recognised me also came there and advised me to take up the offer. they even offered to get the speakers cleaned thoroughly. :)

They must've been trying their luck with you!

Hi guys. New to the forum Out to get a ONKYO HTIB. I've shortlisted the 3100 and the 3200. The onkyo india site lists 3100. But nobody in the forum mentions much about it. Is it still available. If so at what price. Coimbatore prices and availability if anyone knows, otherwise madras prices are fine. Sinc the lcd tvs have two to three hdmi ins ,is a passthru as in the 3200 all that important? other than the HDMI passthru, is the 3200 all that superior to the 3100? Soorry if i sound naive. Help greatly appreciated

Hi guys. New to the forum Out to get a ONKYO HTIB. I've shortlisted the 3100 and the 3200. The onkyo india site lists 3100. But nobody in the forum mentions much about it. Is it still available. If so at what price. Coimbatore prices and availability if anyone knows, otherwise madras prices are fine. Sinc the lcd tvs have two to three hdmi ins ,is a passthru as in the 3200 all that important? other than the HDMI passthru, is the 3200 all that superior to the 3100? Soorry if i sound naive. Help greatly appreciated

HDMI passthrough is important when you have multiple resources to connect to your LCD with HDMI cable. You can connect evrything to the HT Receiver and connect one single cable from Receiver to LCD. Both 3100 and 3200 available in market. Apart from HDMI passthrough, 3200 has "Audyssey" feature which is not there in 3100.
I am not sure about Coimbatore prices. However, 3100 is available in Chennai between 19-20K and 3200 at around 23K.
Hope it clarifies your doubts.

Hi guys, recently got myself a Denon DHT390XP htib.. had sampled a few other brands n i felt Denon to be better. It usually sells for 29,990/- but can be had for about 27k with a lil bargaining from local vendors. the sub is a tad bigger but packs a great punch! i think its a good VFM. I suggest you take a good DVD Audio cd like say Dire straits with you while sampling n you'll know what i mean.

Hi,
Yesterday I have purchased Yamaha RXV 365 AVR at Rs.15K from Alfa. Now I am looking for a 5.1 speakers matching to it within budget of 10K. Anybody suggest me please.

After doing all study and visiting different place in mumbai for DEMO finally I have purchased Harman Kardon AV 133 with JBL 200.5BK speakers @ 27000 Rs as a package from Malad Hypercity. Last week they were selling the same Model @35000 Rs.
At Sumaria same was priced 40000 Rs

Please have a Demo of Harman Kardon AV 133 + Harman Kardon Sub woofer & Floor Speakers @ 50000Rs at JBL showroom Pheonix mill lower parel. Nothing sounds close to it.

Don't go for Cheap version of Yahama it will be a waste of money.
Onkyo S3200 bass was overdamping.

i had a demo of jbl cinesystem 200 (hk av 133 + jbl 200.5 speakers) at jbl showroom today and the sound is amazing. The price they are quoting is 35,000. Does any one know where I can buy the same system for less price? I called hypercity malad but they don't have this model now.

i had a demo of jbl cinesystem 200 (hk av 133 + jbl 200.5 speakers) at jbl showroom today and the sound is amazing. The price they are quoting is 35,000. Does any one know where I can buy the same system for less price? I called hypercity malad but they don't have this model now.

Where you can auditioned JBL in mumbai. & the cost is included reciever or only spks

Calcutta -

Onkyo HTS 5205 - 31.5K
VIERA TH-P42C10D - 41k
LG DVD p HDMI - 3k

This is the deal i got. Think its decent. Guys any feedback

mate i am from kol too and who gave you this deal????? yesterday i went to the shop which is near kalamandir and they offered me this for 43500...

I think this is promises u talking about? i got it from there only?

though i do not know how whether the HT was the real deal or not?

mate i am from kol too and who gave you this deal????? yesterday i went to the shop which is near kalamandir and they offered me this for 43500...

Hi,

I just post a new thread and discover this thread after,

I want to know the price (incl all) of Onkyo HT-S3200 and where to find good deal in kolkata ?

That sounds good. 1.4 HDMI, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD-MA, 3D all this @23000/-. :clapping:

Just now called Onkyo, Delhi showroom (C R Park) and they told me that it has yet not been launched in India and it will take a month to reach here. However, I can book it and the price is 25k.

Last edited:
That sounds good. 1.4 HDMI, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD-MA, 3D all this @23000/-. :clapping:

Just now called Onkyo, Delhi showroom (C R Park) and they told me that it has yet not been launched in India and it will take a month to reach here. However, I can book it and the price is 25k.

Probably you can strike a hard bargain and get them to do it for 23000. Otherwise atleast ask them to provide the speaker stands free. Tell them if a dealer in coimbatore can do it for 23000, so can they. And incidently,the guy at audio gallery coimbatore(the guy i am picking it up from), said the unit was ready and i can take it tomorrow. I guess i will know the true story only tomorrow. I will keep you posted.:rolleyes:

What is the current best deal for Onkyo HT 6200? 45-50k? Any quick pointers will be helpful. Is there anything else for the same price range? This one seems to be one of the best HTiB's currently available at it's price point, am I right?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back