PRICE THREAD - Home Theater In A Box

@konfused: Yes, I think you are right. Onkyo HT 6200 is a great value for money :clapping: and it decodes Dolby True HD and DTS-HD-MA:licklips:. BTW Sam9s is the right person to throw more light on this as he owns this monster.

That sounds good. 1.4 HDMI, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD-MA, 3D all this @23000/-. :clapping:

Just now called Onkyo, Delhi showroom (C R Park) and they told me that it has yet not been launched in India and it will take a month to reach here. However, I can book it and the price is 25k.

Which Onkyo you are referring?
as HT-S3300 does not have DTS-HD MA

Onkyo HT-S3300 - 5.1-Channel Home Theater Package | Model Information | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products

pls clarify ,and post some links

hi guys. picked up the 3300 for the promised price of 23000/- from audio gallery in coimbatore this sunday. For the price it's a bomb.:yahoo:

Congratulations. :clapping:

It is really surprising that that it is available in your city and not in Delhi, not even a confirmed date or arrival.

hi guys. picked up the 3300 for the promised price of 23000/- from audio gallery in coimbatore this sunday. For the price it's a bomb.:yahoo:

Wow. Congrats! U seem to be the 1st owner of this model on the forum! Don't forget to post back with your initial impressions of the same.

The 3300 does not have a powered subwoofer, right?

I am considering a HTIB for around 15-20k which I plan to use in the hall for 4-6 months, after which I will shift this into our bedroom. I will get a full blown HT system for the hall later with an AVR, floor standing speakers etc.

The best HTIB I found (with DVD player built in) was the LG HT 924 model, quoted as 16.5k in eZone and 14.8k by my dealer. Had a demo on this and thought it was excellent for its price. Plays every format, has optical input and a USB port as well. Subwoofer is not powered. Has to be controlled from the menu. The system is rated as 1200W RMS and sounded pretty good for its price. Also compared the Sony DZ510 or 810 (not sure), but the Sony was quite expensive at around 23k compared to this LG and bass was too boomy.

---Venkat

23K is very good deal.. congrats... :clapping:
did you get it from authorized seller.. did you get warranty from onkyo india?

do post feedbacks.. how is it performing

Please post review/feedback of 3300 sound quality as well as some pic.

I'v que about 3300 sub .which is according to manual 295x345x368 (WxHxD) and 3200's sub:- 295x414x299....Is there any performance diff ?

Just called up the Promise Instruments (Dealer of Onkyo), kolkata.

Fast a person picked up the phone,then forward to a lady...

She said the HT-3300 is not available in India, Then I claim ppl from Coimbatore got delivered the sets.Then she change her voice and said there will be news(see only news for kolkatan) in next week.

I asked price about the HT-3200 and she return the price with 33,000/- :eek::eek: and said some offer(Bundling something) going on in their showroom.....she never clear the actual price of HT-3200.

I changed the topic and asked about HT-6200....now she clear 49,900/- (incl all).
So in Kolkata 6200 is 50k less 100 bucks.

Last edited:
i had called up Mr. Lokesh(south regional manager -onkyo) 2 weeks back and he quoted 33k as MRP for onkyo3300. I believe the actual price should be less than 33k. But getting 3300 for 23k is real steal.

-Hemanth R

hi guys.

First: The subwoofer is certainly passive but packs a punch. but during the demo i had them play a 6200. the 3300's sub is not a patch on the 6200's monster.

Second: the 3200's av reciever is not a good idea if you plan to upgrade the speakers only over the next year. whereas the 3300's avr with its ability to process hdmi signals can be upgraded to a new set of active sub + floorstanders. The avr R380 has the capacity.

Lastly: the audio gallery coimbatore is listed as the coimbatore onkyo dealer in the onkyo website. they gave me a proper bill and told me the warranty would arrive from onkyo direct, thro' mail. yet to get it.

That sounds good. 1.4 HDMI, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD-MA, 3D all this @23000/-. :clapping:

Just now called Onkyo, Delhi showroom (C R Park) and they told me that it has yet not been launched in India and it will take a month to reach here. However, I can book it and the price is 25k.

I had also called up this guy two days back and he quoted me 25K and said that it will be available next week. Please keep me posted if you come to know of its availability.

Guys, great thread very useful. I am looking for something in the range of Rs 20 to 30k. Which of these models would you suggest? 60:40 in favour of music / the rest would be cable and movies. Look forward to hearing from you.

Guys,

Getting Harmon/Kardon AVR 155 + JBL 200.5 BK in 40K in HTib in Pune,Is it a good deal?

Please help.

Definately not. Go to Sound Check on East Street - they were offering me the same for 35K on 15-May-2010. It was a good system but its almost 5 years old and I am worried it may lack some good features. It does not have HDMI out either.

Hi dasukhija,

Thanks but are you sure that was avr 155 not 133 because avr133_jbl 200.5 is around 30K they were offering to me Sound Factor East street,but at last I am going for Denon-1610 with JBL 200.5 speakers.

Guys, great thread very useful. I am looking for something in the range of Rs 20 to 30k. Which of these models would you suggest? 60:40 in favour of music / the rest would be cable and movies. Look forward to hearing from you.

Guys, further to my query the Phillips 3571 is retailing at the phillips store in mumbai for 17k. the question is - from what i read in the thread is that the Onkyo 3300 for around 23k is better. Any thoughts?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back