PRICE THREAD - Home Theater In A Box

Thanks. I am gonna be 50:50 too. I am big on both music (rock/metal) and movies. But this doesnt mean that Denon is not as good as Onkyo for movies right?

Thanks. I am gonna be 50:50 too. I am big on both music (rock/metal) and movies. But this doesnt mean that Denon is not as good as Onkyo for movies right?

It's been few days now and I can say it's on par with my previous Onkyo for movies and better for Music.

Folks - any update on teh republic day sale? I am anticipating good sale at eZone. Any preview sale deals?

I bought Philips HTS 3571 for 15K at Jayam & co, Chennai. I booked it and got it after a week, though no demo was available. You would always goto the Philips Arena for a demo.

Hi friends,

Today, I went to Hamsaveni Electronics and ordered an Onkyo HT-S3200. The price was Rs.22000. I think it is the cheapest price for 3200 in chennai. The package is getting delivered this thursday. So I am waiting with my fingers crossed.

The owner of Hamsaveni Electronics helped me have a demo of both 3200 and 5205. The price for 5205 was Rs.30000. Though 5205, which had active sub sounded just a little better than 3200, It was not good enough for that extra Rs.8000, so I went for 3200.

The customer care at Hamsaveni Electronics was also very good. When I asked for a Co-axial cable, they said they don't have it, but still, the owner(Mr. Sudharsanan) was kind enough to say that he will get it for me from other shops and send it along with the HTB bundle.

After doing all study and visiting different place in mumbai for DEMO finally I have purchased Harman Kardon AV 133 with JBL 200.5BK speakers @ 27000 Rs as a package from Malad Hypercity. Last week they were selling the same Model @35000 Rs.
At Sumaria same was priced 40000 Rs

Please have a Demo of Harman Kardon AV 133 + Harman Kardon Sub woofer & Floor Speakers @ 50000Rs at JBL showroom Pheonix mill lower parel. Nothing sounds close to it.

Don't go for Cheap version of Yahama it will be a waste of money.
Onkyo S3200 bass was overdamping.

Last edited:
After doing all study and visiting different place in mumbai for DEMO finally I have purchased Harman Kardon AV 133 with JBL 200.5BK speakers @ 27000 Rs as a package from Malad Hyper Market. Last week they were selling the same Model @35000 Rs.

Please have a Demo of Harman Kardon AV 133 + Harman Kardon Sub woofer & Floor Speakers @ 50000Rs at JBL showroom Pheonix mill lower parel. Nothing sounds close to it.

You mean hypercity?

Philips HTS 3571 - Rs. 14,700 at Jayam & Co, Velachery(Chennai).

Booked mine on Thursday and picked it up on Monday. They do not keep a ready stock of units so you might have to wait a little while. However this was the best price that I got compared to other dealers. Their number is (044)-42023157 (Dhanapal - store manager)

please any one tell where did i get htib in best price in mumbai
brands like yamaha YHT 392 or denon DHT 390 xp please help me
i want to buy in next week

Basic Details:Onkyo HTIB 5.1 + Sub
Model No: TXRS 307B + ASKF 528
MRP: Rs. 55,000/-
Negotiated/Discounted/Purchased/Offer Price:Rs. 35,000/-
Shop or Contact Details (if possible): X-cite, MGF Plaza, MG Road, Gurgaon

Sony HTS DZ 610
MRP:Rs. 24,990/-
Offer Price: Rs24,300
Shop or Contact Details (if possible): X-cite, MGF Plaza, MG Road, Gurgaon

here is another bsaic combo available at a budget

AVR: Sherwood RD6502
Speaker Package: Yamaha NX 270
MRP; Rs.19900
Offer Price: Rs. 14,300
Negotiated price: Rs. 12,000/-

This is inclusive of installation.

Hi corElement,

This was at the X-cite store in MGF plaza on MG Road, Gurgaon.

They have only the Demo set left.

i reckon they can go a shade under 12k if on persists.

Hi corElement,

This was at the X-cite store in MGF plaza on MG Road, Gurgaon.

They have only the Demo set left.

i reckon they can go a shade under 12k if on persists.

Hmm, wonder what specs the nx 270 speakers are, cannot find any details about it online. can you tell us if it has active sub and what kind of speakers etc?

I went and checked em out at xcite ggn

Its 12k for the amp and 20k with speakers. I thought it was 12k at first because there was a huge 12k tag stuck on it with speakers attached, then the guy said no its 20k not 12. The speakers are not that good, infact quite bad =\. The onkyo s3100 which was beside it at 21 was far better overall in everything.

Hey spiro I picked up the onkyo s3100 from reliance for 14k as gift for my mother :D
It's quite a steal for 14!!! Fully loaded amp with 120wattx5 and 125w out for passive sub.
This passive sub is actually quite something. Its huge and its got tight spl and no mid spilling over, I checked out specs it says 30-150 which is pretty awesome, the polk psw 110 is 32-250 at 13k. I'm freaking out cuz if I break it down it'd be just 7k for nice fully loaded avr 7k for nice sub and sats.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back