Price Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
i'm going for samsung 40LA550 best price quoted to me till now is rs 55,000/- in Delhi.

Pl let me know ASAP if any better deal available in Delhi

Hi SHuvc ,

Just need your help , if you can give the zone name, city , from which u are getting for 42 K PV8 , i wil book there and get the one delivered from ezone here ,
as per their policy only .

Thanks in advance for ur info ...

Just need your help , if you can give the zone name, city , from which u are getting for 42 K PV8 , i wil book there and get the one delivered from ezone here
I bought it during the Jan 09 eZone sale from Mani Square Ezone at Kolkata. So far I know, at that time they were anyway selling it for 44.25K as the marked price across India.

I doubt if those prices exist. Last I saw, the same store was selling it for 50K.
Of course I didn't bargain then.

Hi all
Yesterday my friend bought dvd 3996 from Bangalore, Griha Vaibhav - Jaynagar, there was no free hdmi cable offer as he had all new stock, paid Rs 3600 for the same.

Hello Forum Friends,

Today I happen to book the following @ EZONE, Sigma Mall, Bangalore.

Samsung 32" LCD TV 5 Series (LA32A550P1) and Philips 4750 HTIB @ 60K.
Delivery will take 4 days.

I would like to thank all the forum members who had contributed towards making me knowledgeble and helping me towards a sensible decision at the end.

I say this as I have experinced the biggest roller coster ride as I entered into this forey by registeting into this forum in Jan'09 when I decided to take this plunge.

I have no words to explain this wonderful journey courtesy this forum, but I will try to put down some. My options swayed from HTIBs such as Onkyo, Philips to the pure HTS comprising of AVRs such as Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon with Speakers from Wharfdale, Polk, Jamo and the list goes on. On numerous occasions I have spent hours working out combinations and pricing, browsing all possible thread, listing down features and prices, discussing the same within the friends circle and so on. Also as a Bonus I got to listen to a couple of these systems during auditions. But finally the words of wisdom from the esteemed forum members such as "Fix your Budget", "Take all inputs, but listen/See for yourself before making the decision" came in very handy.

Well now that I have made the decision, I want this journey to continue further into a new phase and hope to keep connected with you all. Yes, I mean connected ... as I am not sure if there is any other forum, where you can feel so comfortable as the members make you feel, share knowledge and experince with an open intent to help others and last but not the least where can you find a forum in which you find the wonderful discussion about how amazing it is for your kid to play aorund with your gadget toys by handing you over with its knobs or puncturing the cones .. and make you feel that you have to enjoy these moments, cause I too have a daughter who is around 4 years now and can connect to all that is being discussed.

Finally sorry for this long thread in this price thread, but I did not know how else to convey my regards to everyone.

Again I would want send my heart felt thanks all the forum friends and in particular the more prominent friends like VenkatCR, MoserW, MBR, Marsilian, Dushie, Srisetty, Dasher85, GeoTracks, SanthuKP ... and the list continues

Cheers.

That is aursome , njoy your Deal ,

Hey can you tel wat sammy cost you . and do tell us about its performance with SD and HD . ;-)

Congrats 1nc again .. :)

btw i have a Philips HT and it really rocks ..

The breakup was Sammy for 40K and Philips HTS for 20K. I knew that the lowest quote given in this forum was around 38900 for Sammy. But I have bargained for some specific cables instead.

For comparison, I tried out mostly the SD content as I am sure we would be watching mostly Tata Sky at home. So I asked the sales guy to play the regular channels on Tata Sky and also asked him to play DVD movies which he had Terminator 2, Kill Bill.
I did not look at SQ, as I was going in for the Phillips HT and that would be used primarily for DVD movies.
As far as the SD content, Sony and Samsung which were lined up next to each other. Between them I found Samsung to be throwing out more natural colors, and Sony bright colors. I asked the Salesguy to keep the settings constant to the extent possible. But one thing where the Sony was a clear winner was when the Bravia Demo was played, but I guess the demo is meant for Sony :)
But finally what scored was VFM between these two, as after watching for couple of hours the decision was close and the choice was becoming difficult. :)

The breakup was Sammy for 40K and Philips HTS for 20K. I knew that the lowest quote given in this forum was around 38900 for Sammy. But I have bargained for some specific cables instead.

For comparison, I tried out mostly the SD content as I am sure we would be watching mostly Tata Sky at home. So I asked the sales guy to play the regular channels on Tata Sky and also asked him to play DVD movies which he had Terminator 2, Kill Bill.
I did not look at SQ, as I was going in for the Phillips HT and that would be used primarily for DVD movies.
As far as the SD content, Sony and Samsung which were lined up next to each other. Between them I found Samsung to be throwing out more natural colors, and Sony bright colors. I asked the Salesguy to keep the settings constant to the extent possible. But one thing where the Sony was a clear winner was when the Bravia Demo was played, but I guess the demo is meant for Sony :)
But finally what scored was VFM between these two, as after watching for couple of hours the decision was close and the choice was becoming difficult. :)

Congratulations!!

BTW, which SONY/s did you compare with? The 32" S or V series? These are in the same approx. price range as your SAMSUNG LA32A550P1, hence asking. Also, one point to be noted is that if these WERE the SONYs you were comparing with, it (SONY) was HD Ready while your SAMSUNG LA32A550P1 is a Full HD. So if the Bravia demo was in HD, should it not have looked a wee-bit better on your SAMSUNG LA32A550P1 FD rather than the HD Ready Sony? Just a thought. Unless, the HD Ready & Full HD LCDs in 32" sizes hardly show any difference. Comments?

@ Nphutane: Congrats :) and do post your personal review of the combination as it will help future prospects. I am very glad that we all helped you :)

@ Geo: I know your are very curious, but pls can we have the discussion in a different thread so that this thread has only prices and not discussion?

@ Nphutane: Congrats :) and do post your personal review of the combination as it will help future prospects. I am very glad that we all helped you :)

@ Geo: I know your are very curious, but pls can we have the discussion in a different thread so that this thread has only prices and not discussion?

Understand. Fair enough!

Best Prices I got in Bangalore, Griha Vaibhav for the following 32 inch LCD TVs.

Panasonic 32LX800 - 39890/-
Samsung LA32A550P1 - 38800/-

DVD player - Philips DVP3996 with free HDMI cable - Rs 3690/-

Gurus, please advice if this is the best price that we can get in Bangalore? Since I saw in Compareindia.in.com that the best price for the above TVs is around 35000-36000 in Delhi/Pune.
Awaiting your replies whether I should seal the deal on this price.

Thanks in advance,
Jagadish

Hi Jagadish,

{this is my first post after the customary greetings}

did you bite the bullet?;) Can you please give me the contact info of the GrihaVaibhav folks.

I had been to Panasonic shop Koramangala and he is not willing to come down from 44K for LX 800. He even went ahead and made a statement that LX800 is not available in market:rolleyes:

-tortoise

Hi Jagadish,

{this is my first post after the customary greetings}

did you bite the bullet?;) Can you please give me the contact info of the GrihaVaibhav folks.

I had been to Panasonic shop Koramangala and he is not willing to come down from 44K for LX 800. He even went ahead and made a statement that LX800 is not available in market:rolleyes:

-tortoise

LX800 is available in Croma, Koramangala for Rs 41,999 with a free stand.

LX800 is available in Croma, Koramangala for Rs 41,999 with a free stand.

yeah..I know that..I refered the booklet to verify that if I saw LX800 or LX80 and no doubt it was LX800. But Jagadish seem to have got a price of 38890 for LX800

@Tortoise

Hi there!
I am still not able to decide between Panasonic LX800 and Samsung 5 series. I am tilting towards Panasonic and my better half likes Samsung.

The quote price I got was 39850 for LX800. The contact person name at Griha Vaibhav is Akshay (9845 4 3861 6). They have 2 showrooms. I went to the one on R V road. Do let me know at what price you get it finally. :D I want to know if it is still available for less. Do bargain. :D

@Tortoise

Hi there!
I am still not able to decide between Panasonic LX800 and Samsung 5 series.

I am also in the same boat.

Samy - Full HD, VFM, Features like PIP, USB(guess only for JPEGs)..any other?
Pana - HD ready, 100 Hz, smooth pictures, pricey

when are you planning to buy? Why dont we go together and strike a deal? if interested please PM me

when are you planning to buy? Why dont we go together and strike a deal? if interested please PM me

Sure, seems a great idea. Will definitely PM you soon. When are you planning? I was just thinking, maybe for Ugadi, there might be some offers.

The latest best price in Bangalore from Devi International, Jayanagar.

Panasonic 32LX800 - 38000/-
LG388 DVD player - 3500/-

Gurus, need your urgent advice. Is this a good price or should I wait a little more? Read in the papers about deflation, will prices reduce further because of this?

The latest best price in Bangalore from Devi International, Jayanagar.

Panasonic 32LX800 - 38000/-
LG388 DVD player - 3500/-

Gurus, need your urgent advice. Is this a good price or should I wait a little more? Read in the papers about deflation, will prices reduce further because of this?

try to get the LX800 for 36-37k - prices are reasonable.

The LG can knock off 300 bucks more - vijay sales were selling it here for 3400 but would have knocked off the 400 since i bought the pana but i opted out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back