Procuring Oppo Players Direct from a U.S Website....

audiodelic

Here goes for all those waiting patiently.... They also have other players.
Pls do get in touch with their customer service in advance for actual shipping rates, shipper brand and payment method.

I had ordered from this website worked out great after george from customer service helped me out a lot.

Enjoy

HKFlix.com: Asian, European, Cult & Specialty DVDs and Film Reviews

satish

Hi,

What was the actual shipping charges? I had a quote of $75 about 6 months ago from George for HD981.

Rgds
PbR

Oppo will ship direct to India from their website OPPO Digital - Up-Converting DVD Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer too and quoted me US$72.50 shipping charges when I checked a month or so ago which is reasonable for a great product like Oppo. Not sure how much customs will come to though a friend said it would be 12.5% and another said it would be 35%.

Even with freight at $75 and customs at 35% - it'll still cost only some $600 or so .. 30K INR... thats more than 10k lower than the official price!!

Even with freight at $75 and customs at 35% - it'll still cost only some $600 or so .. 30K INR... thats more than 10k lower than the official price!!

And also it comes with 1 year warranty when ordered direct i.e. even this is official and not grey market.

When i had bought my dv-983h oppodigital.com refused to ship to india. They had a list of countries they ship to on their website and india wasn't on it....

Has this scenario changed ?

When i had bought my dv-983h oppodigital.com refused to ship to india. They had a list of countries they ship to on their website and india wasn't on it....

Has this scenario changed ?

Yup. You can order to India and though India is still not listed in the list of countries you can order via Offline Order Form at OPPO Digital Offline Order Form.

This was given to me when I mailed Oppo for details.

When i had bought my dv-983h oppodigital.com refused to ship to india. They had a list of countries they ship to on their website and india wasn't on it.... Has this scenario changed ?

In addition, in April 2008, Oppo's website did not recognise credit cards from India. Again has this changed?

Cheers

In addition, in April 2008, Oppo's website did not recognise credit cards from India. Again has this changed?

Cheers

+1 can someone shed some light on this ...
If they dont accept indian credit cards, what mode of payment is accepted ?

Audiodelic . pls give some details of the order u booked...... mean charges etc.. when are you getting delivery..

After opeining of Oppo India Oppo website , i don't thinke Oppo.com will take indian orders. and the prcies are way too high on indian site.

regards

Audiodelic . pls give some details of the order u booked...... mean charges etc.. when are you getting delivery..

After opeining of Oppo India Oppo website , i don't thinke Oppo.com will take indian orders. and the prcies are way too high on indian site.

regards

I ordered from hkflix.com the oppo dv-983h i already have it this was 6 months back.

Cheers

I'm not sure if this is the case with Oppo, but I've had instances where my Indian C.C was not recognized by atleast 3 top retailers in the US. Atleast one of them, CD Universe, had an option to pay by PayPal, but was not advertised on their site per se. I'd bet that Oppo would have an option to pay by PayPal as well. If not, it really would be their loss. :(

I'd bet that Oppo would have an option to pay by PayPal as well. If not, it really would be their loss. :(

Please remember that some companies insist that the shipping address and the Paypal verified address be the same - In such cases one is back to square one!

Please remember that some companies insist that the shipping address and the Paypal verified address be the same - In such cases one is back to square one!

Not if you actually call them and explain to them what the deal is. The PayPal option of CDUniverse is not posted on their site but I had to call them and explain the situation. I did manage to successfully ship about $450 worth of CD's and DVD-A's to my friend in Dallas who lugged them back to India. I'm not saying that this would be so 100% of the time, but it never hurts to ask them, if only by email :)

Oppo's main site does not contain 'India' in their billing and shipping addresses. In addition, when you enter a credit card number, it again asks you to choose a for a country of issue form a list. Here again India is not present.

I think they expect all Indians to buy from the Indian site only.

Oppo does have Paypal, but I am not sure how you can use that when you cannot choose India as part of shipping or billing address.

Cheers

India is not listed on the Oppo website and for that they gave me an offline order form link to order on their website. Not sure about Indian cards and PayPal though.

One more option that is available is Amazon, since they are now stocking Oppo. I am sure they would accept Indian cards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back