Q Acoustics 3050i and NAD C320BEE

ramuk_su

HI,
I happened to land upon a 12 year old NAD C320BEE and looking for speakers to pair it with. My room is around 13ft x 16ft. Would a pair of Q Acousitics 3050i tower speakers be a good choice for this amp and room size? Any other recommendation?

These speakers would be used for music and TV equally.

Thanks.

HI,
I happened to land upon a 12 year old NAD C320BEE and looking for speakers to pair it with. My room is around 13ft x 16ft. Would a pair of Q Acousitics 3050i tower speakers be a good choice for this amp and room size? Any other recommendation?

Thanks.
That’s a nice little amp. If I have to cast my opinion you should look for a Bookshelf Speaker with stands at the same budget as 3050i and believe me, that will outperform towers almost twice it’s cost.
There are loads of options out there to choose from.
I am unsure of the price what 3050i is being sold these days so I am assuming it’s around 60/70k ish and at that very same budget you get some very good bookshelves and will bring more to your table in terms of quality of sound.
Go audition some bookshelves and you will notice it yourself.

Regards,
Som

That’s a nice little amp. If I have to cast my opinion you should look for a Bookshelf Speaker with stands at the same budget as 3050i and believe me, that will outperform towers almost twice it’s cost.
There are loads of options out there to choose from.
I am unsure of the price what 3050i is being sold these days so I am assuming it’s around 60/70k ish and at that very same budget you get some very good bookshelves and will bring more to your table in terms of quality of sound.
Go audition some bookshelves and you will notice it yourself.

Regards,
Som
Thanks for the response.

If I understand correctly, you think the amp would be better at driving bookshelf speakers. Is that right?

Cheers.

Thanks for the response.

If I understand correctly, you think the amp would be better at driving bookshelf speakers. Is that right?

Cheers.
Not really @ramuk_su . NAD C320 can drive a FS too. That’s least of your concern at the moment. What I am trying to say is any FS within 70/80K is pretty much considered as an entry level speaker. It’s difficult to get everything one needs at that budget but if you get a BS at the same budget you pretty much get a bit more than mid-fi and its money well spent.
A good well designed bookshelf speakers which cost well between 60 to 70k will outperform Floor Standers costing almost 2X its price. What this means is you would not be wasting your money on something that’s very entry level.

Just as an example, Stand mount speakers like Revel Concerta M16, Elac DBR62 , Dyn Audio Emit 10 or if you can extend your budget to Emit M20 and similar range speakers will give you much better sound than Floor Standers. Why go so far too? Speakers like Elac B6.2 will outperform 3050i.

Last edited:
HI,

Thanks.
I had used c320 bee with QA 3020i speakers for a long time. It was a good match between the speakers and amplifier for me. But keep in mind the sound characteristics of NAD is little recessed, so it will match better with speakers having forward characters.

Other brands you may check are Dali, Mission, Klipsch etc. to name a few. If you have option to have demo, please bring your amplifier with you.

T
Not really @ramuk_su . NAD C320 can drive a FS too. That’s least of your concern at the moment. What I am trying to say is any FS within 70/80K is pretty much considered as an entry level speaker. It’s difficult to get everything one needs at that budget but if you get a BS at the same budget you pretty much get a bit more than mid-fi and its money well spent.
A good well designed bookshelf speakers which cost well between 60 to 70k will outperform Floor Standers costing almost 2X its price. What this means is you would not be wasting your money on something that’s very entry level.

Just as an example, Stand mount speakers like Revel Concerta M16, Elac DBR62 , Dyn Audio Emit 10 or if you can extend your budget to Emit M20 and similar range speakers will give you much better sound than Floor Standers. Why go so far too? Speakers like Elac B6.2 will outperform 3050i.
Thank you for the education. Very much appreciated.

I had used c320 bee with QA 3020i speakers for a long time. It was a good match between the speakers and amplifier for me. But keep in mind the sound characteristics of NAD is little recessed, so it will match better with speakers having forward characters.

Other brands you may check are Dali, Mission, Klipsch etc. to name a few. If you have option to have demo, please bring your amplifier with you.
That's great information. Thanks.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back