Random White Dots on LCD TV Query

spiderman

I have a question to the enlightened forum members.

On my newly purchased Philips 42 LED TV (42PFL 8605) I see random white dots across a very dark background. These are definitely not dead pixels as they are not fixed and can be seen only when the screen is extremely dark.

To explain it better, if you recollect our Doordarshan days when we used to watch TV with an antenna and we used to get some white dots it is similar to that but quite faint and not evident unless a dark screen appears. My family member say they cant see it but they dont have a discerning eye for picture quality anyways ?

So before I approach Philips service centre, any idea what this could be. Is it the HDMI cable connections? At his point I have a HD set top box and blue ray player both connected to the TV directly via HDMI cables.

Any insights will be helpful.

Spiderm

I have a question to the enlightened forum members.

On my newly purchased Philips 42 LED TV (42PFL 8605) I see random white dots across a very dark background. These are definitely not dead pixels as they are not fixed and can be seen only when the screen is extremely dark.

To explain it better, if you recollect our Doordarshan days when we used to watch TV with an antenna and we used to get some white dots it is similar to that but quite faint and not evident unless a dark screen appears. My family member say they cant see it but they dont have a discerning eye for picture quality anyways ?

So before I approach Philips service centre, any idea what this could be. Is it the HDMI cable connections? At his point I have a HD set top box and blue ray player both connected to the TV directly via HDMI cables.

Any insights will be helpful.

Spiderm

I have seen this with my PC monitor I think even on CRT screens. It had to do with poor implementation of graphics drivers. I think it is called "tearing" effect.

But on a TV without s/w drivers, I dont know really - can it be the firmware?

This problem is likely to drive you up the wall in trying resolve it, I suspect :)

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back