Rear Projection TVs in India Jan 2008

ChetanSouthMumbai

Does anyone sell them in India ? and why not ? They are cheaper than Plasma or LCD for bigger sizes especially over 50 inches. I want to buy one coz I have seen them recently in the USA and the pictures were brilliant but I just cant find one in Mumbai.

dont search anywhere. sony has stopped making the product.

you have only left with lcd or plasma in >29" segment. good news is by end of 2008 lcd will shed another ~25% on price.

Sony India has them listed on their website:

Sony India : 3LCD Projection TV

I am sure if you check with them they would be willing to provide you with a list of their dealers.

Sony India has them listed on their website:

Sony India : 3LCD Projection TV

I am sure if you check with them they would be willing to provide you with a list of their dealers.

Thanks Jagat, do you know any other brand? I never buy Sony products due to non-existent service at their authorised service centers. 2 expensive products I had bought including a ES9000 DVD were returned by the Mumbai service center as being "damaged beyond repair". I had to get the parts and fix them on the grey market - for as little as Rs.2000 -3000 as minor components had failed. And, even when the parts had been identified by my own repairman the Mumbai service center said "out of production". But I got them fairly easily thru Sony Dubai / Malaysia parts websites. In fact one multi brand hi-fi dealer in south Mumbai recently advised me that he would not sell a Sony product because he could not support his customer later.

Cheers.

Chetan, Samsung sells DLP RPTVs in India. Check out their India website. Have seen them in stores in Bangalore last year as well. If I remember correctly, it was in the range of Rs.2 to 2.5L for 52" to 56" models. They looked pretty good to me but were out of my budget!

Chetan, Samsung sells DLP RPTVs in India. Check out their India website. Have seen them in stores in Bangalore last year as well. If I remember correctly, it was in the range of Rs.2 to 2.5L for 52" to 56" models. They looked pretty good to me but were out of my budget!

OK will do, hope they have someone sensible there. Sony India advertises them on their INDIA website and then when contacted, the dealer says " there is no demand for RPTV" so Sony does not have them in stock.

I guess they cannot sell something they dont stock, so the global analysis shows there is no demand for RPTV because there are no sales.

Not only RPs - anything which they dont have readily with them - they blindly say either out-dated or not an Indian model. Just last week, had a similar experience while checking out Projectors. They just want to sell (and sell hard) what they have with them.
Service is another matter...

Cheers..

Guys

Last month on a visit to US, I saw this DLP from Samsung at a friend's place. Its LED based DLP so the issues of motion blur etc are a thing of the past and also the bulb changing fiasco is behind Samsung now.

HL67A750 DLP - TV SAMSUNG

He bought it for USD 1900 from BestBuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...7a750&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1207352527052

Superb colors and accuracy. If I had to buy a TV anytime soon, this would be at the top of my list. I am not sure if this is available in India, but if its being offered even in smaller screen sizes, worth a solid look/review.

I watched Finding Nemo, Broke Back Mountain, a live basketball game all on HD and SD movie (Colour Purple on cable) over 3 days. It was absolute beauty for all the feeds.

Last edited:
Back